• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well Just Founf This Forum

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few notes;

1. Not all micro brewed beer is good beer, seems like a lot of berr halls want to serve a local beer that some hippies thinks is good. Very few are good.

2. Beer helps make a great pizza dough

3. Summer Beer Coronoa with a lime wedge, not sure why but when it's blazing hot and you pull a Coronoa that has been in an ice bath a few hours it's just spectacular to guzzle.

4. Favorite Beer: Old Speckeld Hen but damn it's getting pricey.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few notes;

1. Not all micro brewed beer is good beer, seems like a lot of berr halls want to serve a local beer that some hippies thinks is good. Very few are good.

2. Beer helps make a great pizza dough

3. Summer Beer Coronoa with a lime wedge, not sure why but when it's blazing hot and you pull a Coronoa that has been in an ice bath a few hours it's just spectacular to guzzle.

4. Favorite Beer: Old Speckeld Hen but damn it's getting pricey.

1) You can't say 'very few are good'. You may only like very few, but many are very good. You gotta know what you like.

2) Beer makes good hamburgers, too.

3) On a hot day, any cold beer is good. How is Corona different than Bud?

4) Old Speckled Hen is quite good. It makes me sad that it shares a post with Corona.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) You can't say 'very few are good'. You may only like very few, but many are very good. You gotta know what you like.

2) Beer makes good hamburgers, too.

3) On a hot day, any cold beer is good. How is Corona different than Bud?

4) Old Speckled Hen is quite good. It makes me sad that it shares a post with Corona.

I can say very few are good, I have tried many and very few were good, this seems to be a fad in America. Hot or cold Black Label is never good. How is Corona different then Bud? Really!!!! It's lighter, crisper and does not give you next day shits. Old Speckeled Hen is quite good and it shouldn't make you sad because it's mentioned in the same post there was a distinct differnce in how or when the two were consumed.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say very few are good, I have tried many and very few were good, this seems to be a fad in America. Hot or cold Black Label is never good. How is Corona different then Bud? Really!!!! It's lighter, crisper and does not give you next day shits. Old Speckeled Hen is quite good and it shouldn't make you sad because it's mentioned in the same post there was a distinct differnce in how or when the two were consumed.

I guess the beer snob part of me is coming out... Most pilsners tastes the same to me... Probably because I don't drink a lot of it....

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the beer snob part of me is coming out... Most pilsners tastes the same to me... Probably because I don't drink a lot of it....

Well aren't everybody's taste buds different? For me it's Weizen type beers or wheat based beer I don't like most of them.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you haven't had all of them, you actually can't say very few are good because you simply don't know.

Also, you said yourself that everyone's taste buds are different, so your opinion is purely subjective, meaning when you say "very few are good," you actually mean you don't like very many of them. As far as I can tell, you really have shown no authority to decide what's good and what's not.

:suds:

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few notes;

Just wanted to comment on your first statement.

We are lucky to have so many micro brews here in the states. Some are very good while other are just awful. The issue that I think we are going through is the fact that many of these "new to the scene" micro brewers hide shitty brew recipes, low end ingredients or plain old brewing mistakes with the over use of hops IMHO. Brewing is not easy and takes time to learn.

I don't think these brewers mean to put out a shitty product. It may just have to do with a regional taste that you are not familiar with. Just the other day I had a very bland Kolsch that looked like brown colored shit water. This may have been due to the certain type of malt used. For me, it wasn't good... Many other people in the brewpub might have thought it wonderful.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Loves Corona but thinks most microbrews are bad and just a fad?

Troll

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:LLMAO yeah, I am trolling beer!!!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright time to address the lemmings. Let's address what I said specicially about Corona.

"Summer Beer Coronoa with a lime wedge, not sure why but when it's blazing hot and you pull a Coronoa that has been in an ice bath a few hours it's just spectacular to guzzle."

The bolded text is the primary reason why I like Corona in the summer, it truly is a great beer for flat out chugging.

" Not all micro brewed beer is good beer, seems like a lot of berr halls want to serve a local beer that some hippies thinks is good. Very few are good"

Does anyone really doubt this? And very few are better then the beers which I tend to keep in my stable, Old Speckled Hen, Smithwick, Harp..

And I do think it's faddish in the sense that people think it's cool to drink something from a microbrewary. It's sort of like people now drinking PBR because it somehow makes them feel chique or unique, point is PBR sucked when our dads were drinking it still sucks today.

I do not think all microbrewed beer is bad beer. How could I? I could not possibly have tried them all. Of the ones I have tried I was not impressed with most, at best I mau have liked 30%. That was enough for me to give up on what I consider the futile effort of seeking out quality microbrewed beers. How any of this equates to trolling just baffles me, unless it's just not chique to dislike microbrewed beers.

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright time to address the lemmings. Let's address what I said specicially about Corona.

"Summer Beer Coronoa with a lime wedge, not sure why but when it's blazing hot and you pull a Coronoa that has been in an ice bath a few hours it's just spectacular to guzzle."

The bolded text is the primary reason why I like Corona in the summer, it truly is a great beer for flat out chugging.

" Not all micro brewed beer is good beer, seems like a lot of berr halls want to serve a local beer that some hippies thinks is good. Very few are good"

Does anyone really doubt this? And very few are better then the beers which I tend to keep in my stable, Old Speckled Hen, Smithwick, Harp..

And I do think it's faddish in the sense that people think it's cool to drink something from a microbrewary. It's sort of like people now drinking PBR because it somehow makes them feel chique or unique, point is PBR sucked when our dads were drinking it still sucks today.

I do not think all microbrewed beer is bad beer. How could I? I could not possibly have tried them all. Of the ones I have tried I was not impressed with most, at best I mau have liked 30%. That was enough for me to give up on what I consider the futile effort of seeking out quality microbrewed beers. How any of this equates to trolling just baffles me, unless it's just not chique to dislike microbrewed beers.

I bolded the parts that are flat out lies and blasphemous...no need to elaborate further

Can't argue the underlined parts cause those are your tastes and opinions, though I can say as factual truth that you have terrible taste and stupid opinions :D people drink microbrews cause they finally wised up and realized how truly terrible the buds, coors, coronas, etc of the world are...but if you enjoy drinking piss, have at it, more good beer for me:D

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bolded the parts that are flat out lies and blasphemous...no need to elaborate further

Can't argue the underlined parts cause those are your tastes and opinions, though I can say as factual truth that you have terrible taste and stupid opinions :D people drink microbrews cause they finally wised up and realized how truly terrible the buds, coors, coronas, etc of the world are...but if you enjoy drinking piss, have at it, more good beer for me:D

Point is I have had more bad microbrewed beers than good ones. Not sure how that is so difficult to fathom. I guess you are just one of those that falls in line with what ever is cool at the time. Or your little neck of the world has the few good microbrews in this US. As for your asinine and juvenille quip, if that makes you feel better about yourself have it. I will enjoy my quality beer you keep on drinking what you like.

Just remember having an opinion different of those posting in a thread is not trolling, it's merely expressing an opinion.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is I have had more bad microbrewed beers than good ones. Not sure how that is so difficult to fathom. I guess you are just one of those that falls in line with what ever is cool at the time. Or your little neck of the world has the few good microbrews in this US. As for your asinine and juvenille quip, if that makes you feel better about yourself have it. I will enjoy my quality beer you keep on drinking what you like.

Just remember having an opinion different of those posting in a thread is not trolling, it's merely expressing an opinion.

first off, lighten up suzy.

second, falling in line with whatever is cool would be drinking the mass produced macro lagers

As a homebrewer, who hopes to one day get paid to make beer, I like to try any new beer I can get my hands on, there are some styles that I like more than others, and some micro brews that are just plain not good. the issue with the mass produced macro lagers like the buds, coors, coronas, pbr's etc is that there is just no flavor. To make it drinkable, you have to chill it far beyond the temperature that beer should truly be enjoyed at...but if you try drinking that stuff at that temperature, it tastes god awful. Drinking microbrews is not a fad, it is a means of escape from the truly terrible product that the big boys produce. I will give them credit where credit is due though, they have great quality control at those macro brews

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off, lighten up suzy.

second, falling in line with whatever is cool would be drinking the mass produced macro lagers

As a homebrewer, who hopes to one day get paid to make beer, I like to try any new beer I can get my hands on, there are some styles that I like more than others, and some micro brews that are just plain not good. the issue with the mass produced macro lagers like the buds, coors, coronas, pbr's etc is that there is just no flavor. To make it drinkable, you have to chill it far beyond the temperature that beer should truly be enjoyed at...but if you try drinking that stuff at that temperature, it tastes god awful. Drinking microbrews is not a fad, it is a means of escape from the truly terrible product that the big boys produce. I will give them credit where credit is due though, they have great quality control at those macro brews

And that is why I clearly stated the Corona needed to sit in an ice bath. It's more about how that beer quneches the thirst on a very hot day. And when Ice Cold it does. But of the other beers I mentioned that was the one you and others wanted to focus on. It's selective banter which never gets anywhere.

And I lived in Germany for seven years some I am fully aware of keller temp beers. In fact that was one of the things I loved about being there all the different breweries. I use to travel from town to town most major towns and try the local beer. And I think I mentioned that micro brews are not new only new to America . Again to reiterate what I said, the majority of the ones I tried were not great. Not an indication that there weren't some that were great just most of them I did not enjoy and were below average.

As for you and your brewing and your aspirations, I really hope it works out for you. I am all for a man having a dream and doing all he can to attain the dream. I wish you the best of luck and hope it works out for you. I just hope you don't call it something stupid like " Blue Witches Hat " or " Promonade Pilsner"

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why I clearly stated the Corona needed to sit in an ice bath. It's more about how that beer quneches the thirst on a very hot day. And when Ice Cold it does. But of the other beers I mentioned that was the one you and others wanted to focus on. It's selective banter which never gets anywhere.

And I lived in Germany for seven years some I am fully aware of keller temp beers. In fact that was one of the things I loved about being there all the different breweries. I use to travel from town to town most major towns and try the local beer. And I think I mentioned that micro brews are not new only new to America . Again to reiterate what I said, the majority of the ones I tried were not great. Not an indication that there weren't some that were great just most of them I did not enjoy and were below average.

As for you and your brewing and your aspirations, I really hope it works out for you. I am all for a man having a dream and doing all he can to attain the dream. I wish you the best of luck and hope it works out for you. I just hope you don't call it something stupid like " Blue Witches Hat " or " Promonade Pilsner"[/QUOTE]

well...i'll scratch those two off my list :pout:

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

As for you and your brewing and your aspirations, I really hope it works out for you. I am all for a man having a dream and doing all he can to attain the dream. I wish you the best of luck and hope it works out for you. I just hope you don't call it something stupid like " Blue Witches Hat " or " Promonade Pilsner"[/QUOTE]

well...i'll scratch those two off my list :pout:

Don't ever rule anything out unless it has a copyright.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree, on a 110 degree day, pounding a free Corona or 2 is not bad thing. I wouldn't buy them though...if pounding is what I wanted to do...Coors Light, Miller Lite is cheaper..pick your poison.

You spent 7 years in Germany and still insist on drinking the macro swill that this country has to offer? Did you learn anything....<bitchslap>

Seriously though mojo.. I don't care what you drink, to each his own. But the micro beer is not a fad, it is here because the people are bored and tastes are a changing.

I would not be surprised if macro lager is considered "undrinkable piss" 20 years from now. The rest of the world has had great beer for centuries... why can't America.