• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Marvin Mims

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I promise on OC's stiff socks he's going to the one who drafts first.
There are still OC stiff socks left after we signed not one, but two UFA free agent WRs?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his Senior year in HS - Mims scored on the 1st play if the game 7 times in 15 games.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how OC bumps the POTM the month when he wins it?

I am going to do that with this thread.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently, you like Mims!

With the Broncos picking up Jeudy's 5th year option and drafting Mims, it would seem that KJ Hamler's time in Denver is probably done. Maybe Washington too?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hamler's time is done this year but I am guessing the probability of him walking after this year is VERY high. With his injury I don't think we get anything for him anytime soon and of value and his injury timeframe will be about the start of PS. I think we will use him a bit this year when and if he ever does become healthy but it is pretty clear after the first 3 years we can't depend on him health wise. Between multiple hamstring injuries, his shoulder, his hip and his ACL it has been tough to see Hamler go through what he has. I wish him the best and I hope he gets healthy and can make some type of an impact before he goes into free agency.

I think it is going to be tough for Washington this year. We signed two guys who can return.

Now for Washington's sake he will have a chance to put it all together this year and have a fair shot as a return man. But we have speed at WR and last year he was on the roster to return and he didn't make much of an impact there. So yeah, will be hard for him but it depends on how much he has improved as a return man in PS/camp. It doesn't appear the coaching staff is counting on him though and Payton has nothing invested in him so given our current WR and return man situation he faces an uphill battle. He might be perfect for the PS.

Tremon Smith is a good KR but hasn't a lot of experience as a PR so there is still a chance. Smith adds depth as a CB so it is possible we keep a PR separate for him but it will be a roster numbers crunch too. Washington's WR skills are unlikely to land him a roster spot here so he has to be lights our as a return man to impress the new staff.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and yes. Mims and Devon Witherspoon were my favorite player in the draft. I latched onto Mims his FR year on my college fantasy team and really enjoyed watching him play and rooted for him. I am not calling him the top WR in this draft but he was my personal favorite player and when I heard his name called by Denver (unexpected) it was a great moment in the life of Draft Crazy. I had a busy day at work today and everytime I got stressed out I just thought about this selection and it helped keep me happy. ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington is done. Paton mentioned Mims ability to return punts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington is done. Paton mentioned Mims ability to return punts.

As Jimmy V said. Don't give up. Never give up.

Mims has a little sample size of PR in college, not a lot. Did ok at it. Not sure it will be his thing in the NFL but as he grows into a role with the Broncos I could see it, probably get a look. Probably similar to Hamler when he came out as a small sampling size of a PR but Mims is probably better at it. He has some experience but not a lot at it. If I have my way he will be too valuable to put back there after a few games.

I could see us using Mims like we did Emmanuel Sanders on PR after he develops a larger role at WR... Put him back there to make good decisions and catch the ball on punts deep in our territory.

I have confidence Washington can still be a good NFL PR but with a new staff he no longer has that "We drafted you in Round 5", he is more in the same boat as the undrafted guy coming in to compete. I have him off my final roster right now. I'm not putting my money on him making it but I still hold onto that little bit of hope that he can be the electric return man we saw late in hi college career.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Jimmy V said. Don't give up. Never give up.

Mims has a little sample size of PR in college, not a lot. Did ok at it. Not sure it will be his thing in the NFL but as he grows into a role with the Broncos I could see it, probably get a look. Probably similar to Hamler when he came out as a small sampling size of a PR but Mims is probably better at it. He has some experience but not a lot at it. If I have my way he will be too valuable to put back there after a few games.

I could see us using Mims like we did Emmanuel Sanders on PR after he develops a larger role at WR... Put him back there to make good decisions and catch the ball on punts deep in our territory.

I have confidence Washington can still be a good NFL PR but with a new staff he no longer has that "We drafted you in Round 5", he is more in the same boat as the undrafted guy coming in to compete. I have him off my final roster right now. I'm not putting my money on him making it but I still hold onto that little bit of hope that he can be the electric return man we saw late in hi college career.
I like Washington a lot and I think he could do well as a depth WR. I also think he suffered because of our poorly coached Special Teams units.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Washington a lot and I think he could do well as a depth WR. I also think he suffered because of our poorly coached Special Teams units.

Yeah, I am not ready to ride him off either. He is gonna have to bring it this camp. No free pass with the new staff but he has electrifying return skills.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Marvin Mims smile by the way.
You know who has a million $$ smile and personality? Bijan Robinson. He’ll be a media personality someday. Watch at the 2 minute mark.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who has a million $$ smile and personality? Bijan Robinson. He’ll be a media personality someday. Watch at the 2 minute mark.

For sure. Thought the same thing about Bijan in his interviews. Good face of the Falcons. Seems like a great person to me.