• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week one problems

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK might as well start this now: week one is in the bag and it was an awful loss.. They had opportunities to win.. they were ahead at the half and blew it in the second half.. why how.. what needs to be fixed first..

Ill start:

The Oline.. in the first half Brady wasn't touched.. he had time to scan the routes find the open guy..

the looked lost in the second half.. Brady had no time to do anything..

Lafell's Penalties.. were just stupid lack of concentration.. and drive killers..

Targeting Gronk.. I know they needed to build him up a bit and get his confidence going, but Brady locked on to him way too often and forced it...

It was good to see mayo back he was all over the place.. but the D could not stop the run. They did well in the passing game keeping most of the passes in front of them and not giving up the scorchers that plagued them last season.

I think they will rebound. but the key this season will be the OL.. and it would be the same way if the kept mankins.. they leaked like a colander on the left and right side..

Lester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Globe said they were shuffling o-line guys around. Treating it like another pre-season game. That's unreal if true. Oh wait.......Cameron Wake just snuck on the N.E. team plane and slapped Brady again!

Lester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Brady shaved off his pre-season beard. that should help.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Globe said they were shuffling o-line guys around. Treating it like another pre-season game. That's unreal if true. Oh wait.......Cameron Wake just snuck on the N.E. team plane and slapped Brady again!

Sometimes you need to do that even in the real season. Even in the first half there was pressure on Brady. He was able to handle it better.

Another problem for me is the defensive line against the run WITH a healthy mayo and Wilfork. I think they even went back to the 4-3 and it still didn't help. That's a problem.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked at the stats.
Did LaFell have a catch?
If he did I missed it. That said...Wright did. Between Wrigh getting better as time goes by and Tyms coming back, LaFell needs to be looking at the door and wondering how hard it will hit him.

Edelman. Dude, good on yah! Almost as many yards as Moreno....or almost half as many...
Amendola, Two catches? Two targets? Again I could be off.
Thompkins, some good plays, some good catches, some yards. Good day for KT.

Secondary played well, mostly.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Globe said they were shuffling o-line guys around. Treating it like another pre-season game. That's unreal if true.

They swapped Wendell in for Devey on a few series, with Connolly sliding from C to RG.And Cam Fleming took a few snaps as a 3rd TE. Cannon, Solder, and Seabass played the whole game. And the latter two, along with a couple of atrocious whiffs by Hooman, were the bulk of the problem. The interior guys were fine for the most part.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked at the stats.
Did LaFell have a catch?
If he did I missed it.

Nope, you didn't miss anything.

Not having a catch wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Committing three bonehead penalties (though he got away with one) is at least worst-thing-in-the-world-adjacent, though.

And it was 5 targets and 3 catches for Amendola

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THANKS SHOE I WAS ABOUT TO POST THE STATS.. BEAT ME TO IT.. BUT YEAH.. LAFELL IS GONE I THINK.. READ WHERE BRADY WAS NOT VERY ACCURATE.. HE WAS IN THE FIRST HALF.. THAT SECOND SERIES WHEN THEY CAME OUT FIRING.. BUT THEN IT WENT DOWN HILL ONE THE LINE STARTED LEAKING.. HARD TO BE ACCURATE WHEN YO UARE ON THE RUN

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play calling should be added to the list. It was very predictable....and yes..if the OL blocked better..we would have moved the ball some...but I keep coming back to play calling. Sometimes you just gotta smash the other guys into oblivion...I want to see more Ridley between the tackles....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play calling should be added to the list. It was very predictable....and yes..if the OL blocked better..we would have moved the ball some...but I keep coming back to play calling. Sometimes you just gotta smash the other guys into oblivion...I want to see more Ridley between the tackles....
Yes. I was wodering if Ridley was hurt after his helmet came off they were running Vereen so much.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple... Play calling... Patriots became too reliant on on Gronk and Hernandez.... They don't have Hernandez and a partial Gronk (because I don't think he is 100%) and teams know it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at my grandson's football for most of yesterday, so I DVR'd the game.

Watching the first half, the Patriots seemed to have it together. Defense was playing pretty well, had three turnovers, the offense was clicking and had put 20 points on the board.

Here's the problem......they went into the A/C locker room at the half and had heat shock when they came out onto the field. The temp was 88 degrees but closer to 100 on the field. They should have turned the A/C off when they came out for pre game warm ups.

But here's the real problem.......

Vince Wilfork was horrible. He looked fat, out of condition and slow as ice. He had to have missed at least 6 tackles. The worst was when he totally whiffed on Knowshon Moreno at the 8 yard line and let him dance into the end zone. Go back and look.....Wilfork was flat on his face when Moreno scored.

Chandler Jones has to keep his hands down. Touch a QB's head and it's automatically 15 yards. Doing it twice is unforgivable.

Stevan Ridley was terrible. He didn't look like he could have mowed my lawn with the effort he gave yesterday. Belichick basically benched him. Vareen was in for 61 snaps and Ridley 21.

Brandon LaFell didn't have a catch. Or should I say couldn't make a catch. Hands of stone. I can't tell if he's overwhelmed or if he just can't grasp the Patriots passing offense. Tyms is lurking and if LaFell continues this type of performance, LaFell will join Chad Johnson and many others who couldn't "get it".

Brady admitted that the Dolphins took away Edelman. He had 6-7 catches in the first half and was 0 for 1 in the second.

Finally.....and I know that this will start a shit storm.............Belichick should have brought in Jimmy G to play QB in the fourth quarter. It would be baptism under fire. Brady wasn't doing anything and JG might have been able to breath some life into the offense. You know Brady would have been smoking mad and who knows? Maybe Jimmy brings them back and they make a game out of it. Don't know if you don't try.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount wouldn't have made any difference. This team got the shit kicked out of it up front, both lines.

We'll see how they respond next week, and what changes will be made (if any).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry sanders & walter payton in the backfield with that dogshit o-line would've resulted in 40 yards rushing

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount would not have helped
Ridley sucked when the O-line was playing well
We have other O-line players to step in (when?)
LaFell was 0 for 6 with 2 big penalties
Solder looked bad in preseason but now fell apart in the game.
Secondary didnot quite mesh with the rules. They were too soft and then tried to get tough- penalties resulted
The team was under pressure in the 1st half but handled it. Could not put it together in the 2nd half
There were some good signs but this is the wrong thread.....

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatched the game.. and agree with ken.. on a lot of points.. I remember the look and the feel of the game right after the blocked kick.. they went in and relaxed, let their guard down.. a tale of two halves.. they did what the Patriots normally do, make the half time adjustments... it looked like the line on both sides of the ball game up by the end of the game.. ill agree again with ken up to a certain point.. yes it would have been nice and might have been a kick in the pants that brady needed.. but with the o line leaking I think that wake would have eaten jimmy lunch worse then he did brady's// bring the kid along slowly an dhe will be fine