• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Cleveland Browns at Denver Broncos

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I forgot to add

Brock Oswiler- Bad starting QB

Although, I am the first to say if it wasn't for Osweiler we probably don't win SB 50.

I actually think Brock would have worked out for the Broncos had he not let his bruised ego influence his decision to bolt to Houston for a few dollars more. I’ve said it a few times so I apologize for repeating but he had the respect of the locker room and showed some ability in Kubiak’s offense. I firmly believe he’d have gotten the team into the playoffs in 2016 had he stayed with us. Who knows what would have happened with Kubiak past that point but Oz maybe would have given us a shot at a repeat.

Even Siemian nearly got them into the playoffs. It’s very possible is Brock’s ego had not interfered we wouldn’t be talking about Elway and QBs right now.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Will Brandon Allen - even be the best QB in the NFL named Allen? Do not Josh me on this one.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Callahan, Jeff Heuerman, Ja'Wuan James, and Will Parks have been ruled out. That should mean Troy Fumagalli should be active and get some action which is a guy I was looking forward to seeing some growth in this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Callahan, Jeff Heuerman, Ja'Wuan James, and Will Parks have been ruled out. That should mean Troy Fumagalli should be active and get some action which is a guy I was looking forward to seeing some growth in this year.

Yes - Fumagali has been another missing player from the field.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One positive thing that I have noticed is that the Broncos have been pretty good at forcing the opposition into penalties .. Sutton has been doing a great job in this department, and there are been a few times recently when the announcers have talked about the opposing team having drawn a season high total in penalties for the Bronco game ..

The Browns are a penalty factory . Undisciplined, with a turnover machine at QB .. They've had 18, 9, 8, 6, 7, 9 and 13 penalties this season and have surrendered 31, 32 and 27 points in their previous three games ...

Would it be beneficial to be aggressive and go right at them on both sides of the ball ??

Being predictable is never a good thing, but in this case especially

The immediate thought is how Brandon Allen is making his first NFL start, and how that can cripple an offense .. But could the offense be any worse than it has been with Flacco ??

I'm not crazy about the notion of letting this first time QB rely on the running game, and simply manage things with no mistakes … Allen is mobile and chucked it downfield an awful lot at Arkansas …

Roll him out, let him pick up 3 downs or goal-line plays with designed QB runs ( remember that great 4th down run Lock had in preseason ) and let it rip to Sutton ..

If he fails, then there's no controversy w/ Lock and we get better position in the draft ..

If Allen somehow lights is up, we trade him to Tampa Bay or Chicago for a second round pick before the draft

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One positive thing that I have noticed is that the Broncos have been pretty good at forcing the opposition into penalties .. Sutton has been doing a great job in this department, and there are been a few times recently when the announcers have talked about the opposing team having drawn a season high total in penalties for the Bronco game ..

The Browns are a penalty factory . Undisciplined, with a turnover machine at QB .. They've had 18, 9, 8, 6, 7, 9 and 13 penalties this season and have surrendered 31, 32 and 27 points in their previous three games ...

Would it be beneficial to be aggressive and go right at them on both sides of the ball ??

Being predictable is never a good thing, but in this case especially

The immediate thought is how Brandon Allen is making his first NFL start, and how that can cripple an offense .. But could the offense be any worse than it has been with Flacco ??

I'm not crazy about the notion of letting this first time QB rely on the running game, and simply manage things with no mistakes … Allen is mobile and chucked it downfield an awful lot at Arkansas …

Roll him out, let him pick up 3 downs or goal-line plays with designed QB runs ( remember that great 4th down run Lock had in preseason ) and let it rip to Sutton ..

If he fails, then there's no controversy w/ Lock and we get better position in the draft ..

If Allen somehow lights is up, we trade him to Tampa Bay or Chicago for a second round pick before the draft

You are the reason I picked the Broncos to win.

Also, our D just keeps getting better each week. With Chub and Callahan that would make this D bad assed.

I hope we work on Running the Football this week.

Last week we would have won that game running to foot ball more in the 2nd half IMO

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone talks about our OL 99% of our OL could be solved with a QB.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we set our clocks back. That gave Brandon Allen an extra hour to prepare for this start!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And play-calling Alex Gibbs there was a reason he would get pissed on the sidelines He wanted the OL to have a chance he wanted to set up the OL to succeed and you could always tell when his OL was getting the shaft from the OC Gibbs would chew their ass out.

I knew we lost SB 2012 when Gibbs was Chewing on our OC early and often. He was right by the way.

Gibbs would have died of a coronary this season with our OC.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many 7 step drops.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inactives for today:
Cleveland Browns:
Taywan Taylor - WR
Damion Ratley - WR
Eric Murray - S
Damarious Randall - S
Robert Jackson - CB
Kendal Lamm - T
Pharaoh Brown - TE

Denver Broncos:
Bryce Callahan - CB
Will Parks - S
Demarcus Walker - DE
Ja'Wuan James - T
Calvin Anderson - T
Jeff Heuerman - TE
Jonathan Harris - DL

A bit surprised trading Walker for Gotsis.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll see how Allen does but with how good Brian Hoyer is playing today we definitely should’ve splurged and went to get him as our backup Quarterback this year.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense looks better with Allen but this team is still terrible when it comes to 2nd half adjustments.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it wasn’t pretty, but the offense held out long enough to get the win today. Great game by the Defense too, holding Cleveland to 4 FG’s especially as they all came in or close to the redzone.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah all around for a team that came in 2-6 and with the QB situation I was proud of the way they rallied and played. I can continue to watch this kind of fighting spirit even though I doubt the Broncos recover from the early season hole they dug themselves. But if they use the remainder of this season to establish a direction for next year that’ll make it worthwhile.

There are still a lot of questions at QB, but it’s good to see the team isn’t giving up on the season. The Broncos haven’t been an easy win most weeks anyway and they may swipe a couple after the bye.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that was fun. Allen was impressive and I thought showed great presence on the field.

Made Flacco look like the rookie.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we’ll be good if we roll with Allen and Lock as the back up until Allen really struggles and then we make the switch to Lock.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that was fun. Allen was impressive and I thought showed great presence on the field.

Made Flacco look like the rookie.

Made Flacco look like a 90 year old man with no energy left in his body. I think Flacco is done as a professional athlete.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerome Whitehead apparently melted down in the locker room after the game with his uni - still on - posting racists rants on twitter. His tackling got criticized (claims he has a broken hand).

Enjoyable game by the Broncos - Allen managed the game well - and brought energy that has been missing. Great game by Fant (finally) and Sutton. Nice calls on defense when it counted.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Fant needs to learn how to carry the football while running toward the end zone.

Dionte Spencer is getting way too many snaps.

D. Harris - seems to be a player.

In three weeks we get Allen Vs Allen - where who is the best Allen QB question will be finally settled.

Keep throwing the football to Sutton (please)

Phillip Lindsay is becoming my favorite Denver Bronco.

AJ - is playing well enough to stop the search for a MLB.

Fangio's defense is really showing up.

Scangarello is a better OC if the QB has some mobility.