• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9, 2015: Rams @ Vikings

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things I saw..

1) We had the ball twice late in the Q4 on the Vikings 35 yardline and played for a FG. Not 1 play was tried downfield or in the end zone. Fisher has to throw it downfield more to help Gurley and the running game + why not take a shot?

2) Zimmer is a bitch. Maybe the Vikings should play in the NFC West and see how defenses play through the whistle. I'm sure Kam Chancelor would have pulled up so Teddy could slide and get his extra 1-2 yards.

3) We need to send boxes of kleenexs to the Vikings fans and organization

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things I saw..

1) We had the ball twice late in the Q4 on the Vikings 35 yardline and played for a FG. Not 1 play was tried downfield or in the end zone. Fisher has to throw it downfield more to help Gurley and the running game + why not take a shot?

2) Zimmer is a bitch. Maybe the Vikings should play in the NFC West and see how defenses play through the whistle. I'm sure

Kam Chancelor would have pulled up so Teddy could slide and get his extra 1-2 yards.

3) We need to send boxes of kleenexs to the Vikings fans and organization

Ya, Zimmers comments were pathetic, wish they would have lost and they would have been even more pathetic. Come on,Joyner didn't even hit him directly, he was rolling away trying to avoid him, but it was just to late, it happens!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Zim didn't mention the clip right next to the runner on the sideline that gave the Vikes 30 extra yards to set up the game winning FG. I still don't see how the refs don't see that, it was right there in front of them?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Zimmers comments were pathetic, wish they would have lost and they would have been even more pathetic. Come on,Joyner didn't even hit him directly, he was rolling away trying to avoid him, but it was just to late, it happens!

It was a glancing blow by Joyner, the injury came from Teddy's helmet hitting the turf. Zimmer needs a tissue.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Zim didn't mention the clip right next to the runner on the sideline that gave the Vikes 30 extra yards to set up the game winning FG. I still don't see how the refs don't see that, it was right there in front of them?

nah, he mentioned it.

remember he said they play good, clean football.

therefore, that is a clean play to him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Jack Lambert when you need him? He appropriately stated back in the 70's: "They should put dresses on QBs".

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the KO to Teddy was directly related to the QB feet first slide rule.

QB's try to squeak out every inch before they 'slide' and sometimes use this rule to put a move on a defender to gain more yards.

The slide can look a lot like a juke move IMO but the real problem, especially what we saw with Bridgewater, was when the QB is hit incidentally as he slides feet first, all it takes is a glancing defender across the face mask that will snap the QB's head to the turf.

If this QB feet first slide rule was not in place, I don't think we ever see QB's in the horizontal position with the the back of the QB's head inches above the turf seconds prior to a defenders hit like like we all saw with Teddy.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50770-gif.50775.gif

Here is Teddy making his move clearly while the truck was going 20 mph

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the KO to Teddy was directly related to the QB feet first slide rule.

QB's try to squeak out every inch before they 'slide' and sometimes use this rule to put a move on a defender to gain more yards.

The slide can look a lot like a juke move IMO but the real problem, especially what we saw with Bridgewater, was when the QB is hit incidentally as he slides feet first, all it takes is a glancing defender across the face mask that will snap the QB's head to the turf.

If this QB feet first slide rule was not in place, I don't think we ever see QB's in the horizontal position with the the back of the QB's head inches above the turf seconds prior to a defenders hit like like we all saw with Teddy.

Yes the rule is BS. Needs to be adjusted for sure - way too much grey area on that. But the NFL is about money as many of us know and the QB is their top priority.

Funny thing is.. Look back at the last 20 years and see what football players are in the worse shape. Dorsett RB, Seah, LB.. QBs??

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the rule is BS. Needs to be adjusted for sure - way too much grey area on that. But the NFL is about money as many of us know and the QB is their top priority.

Funny thing is.. Look back at the last 20 years and see what football players are in the worse shape. Dorsett RB, Seah, LB.. QBs??

Chris Miller?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Miller?

Jim McMahon isn't right but he never really was. I'm just saying the worst cases seem to be Lineman, RBs, or LBs and NOT QBs.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lester Hayes can hardly talk anymore, oh wait you never could understand him!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't be. I think Ted got a little greedy for distance and slid late.

Hell he just scored a dam rushing TD. Even if the Rams had Mariota I would cringe every time he took off with his 4.45 speed because we all know that hit is eventually coming. How u can kick and scream about your QB getting hurt outside the pocket is beyond me. Rams fans don't feel bad for any other teams' QB going down, especially when he's back the next week. Bradford killed our season plenty of times. Almost to the point where we expected the offense to go out and do nothing, hoping our D could score a TD. That's all we have had in the last decade and now our D is legit so people want to say we are dirty.. ?? Cuz we hit the shit out of you? Grab a Kleenex is all I'm saying.

Many people don't know that these 2 - Joyner and Teddy grew up down the street from each other in Miami.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hit by Joyner was not dirty. It was a deliberate hard hit on a QB in open-season territory. Like I stated earlier. Jack Lambert had it right. Put dresses on those QB's. Bunch of whiney wussies if you ask me.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hit by Joyner was not dirty. It was a deliberate hard hit on a QB in open-season territory. Like I stated earlier. Jack Lambert had it right. Put dresses on those QB's. Bunch of whiney wussies if you ask me.

The HOFers are laughing at this conversation. No doubt

Open Season is the Rams new motto!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed SJ76. I like your comment about now that we have a tough hard-nosed D we are suddenly dirty. Yea right. I just wish our Offense would get just as nasty especially the front five. Line up and kick some serious booty week-in and week-out. The New LA Rams in St Louis would be a good fit.