• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8... @BAL

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game Info: Week 8

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Baltimore Ravens

Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 1:00 PM

NRtKOPj.png

Betting line: +3.5
Over/under: 46.5

Last Regular Season Meeting: Steelers (L) 28-10 vs Ravens
Win streak: 2 game BAL
Last 3 Meetings: PIT 1 - 2 BAL
Last 10 Meetings: PIT 4 - 6 BAL

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore's defense is almost as good as Pittburgh's. But not... quite.

Ingram's health is going to be big, whether he has to sit or is less effective with that ankle sprain. Gus Edwards is nowhere near his level.

The Steelers can shut the run down even if Ingram was healthy. And Lamar isn't much of a threat in the air.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the running game down and make Jackson beat the Steelers through the air.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances the game ends in a tie?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... This game scares me with this offense. Steelers offense has been excelling within the short to intermediate window in combination with a well-balanced rushing attack. That is the Ravens defense's bread & butter. Ben will have to be very careful here because those quick passes are ripe for plucking this week. Their CBs are too good & will be seeing this on film, which will make them want to sit down on these routes. Basically do what the Titans did with the 2-high safety look and keep 3-4 DBs sitting underneath. If the passing attack wants to excel in this game then it will need to open things up more. Ben will need to attack down the field to loosen up the coverage schemes. Ravens will have an improved pass rush so not too enthused about wanting Ben to take 5-7 step dropbacks (or more shotgun formations), but it will be a necessity this week. If the ground game can keep having success then hopefully they can get them on a few PA splash plays deep. This will be another one of those games where in theory they will not want to dig themselves a hole early. Goes without saying really, but we know what the BAL offense is capable of if it is firing on all cylinders even against good defenses.

Defense... Can the Steelers keep shutting down the NFL's best rushing attacks for 3 weeks running? I'm not as concerned about Ingram/Dobbins/Edwards as I am of Jackson's escapability. We saw what Deshaun Jackson was capable of doing to this defense by creating something out of nothing. Steelers D is great within the first 5-8s window of a play developing... After that its a complete tossup if the pass rush doesn't get home. Not having Bush spying on Jackson in this game will be cause for heartburn. V-Will & Spilly will have their hands full with that task. Butler may even opt to let Dupree handle that. Dupree & Watt will have to be a little more aware of containment vs just pinning their ears back. Ravens will likely want to get their passing attack going this week because they'll be playing right into the Steelers' strengths if they opt to ground & pound.

Baltimore having 2 weeks of rest for this game and playing at home obviously favors them... Plus the Steelers just got through a grueling battle against a AFC contender. Not sure what shape the Steelers will be in this week, but I have to imagine this game will be a very tough out. The Steelers were a Juju fumble away from beating them with Mason Rudolph last year during Jackson's stellar MVP campaign, so I have faith they can get it done. Before the season I had the Steelers splitting their games with the Ravens. So I'm going to take an optimistic L here lol.

BAL 24 - PIT 20

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore's defense is almost as good as Pittburgh's. But not... quite.

Ingram's health is going to be big, whether he has to sit or is less effective with that ankle sprain. Gus Edwards is nowhere near his level.

The Steelers can shut the run down even if Ingram was healthy. And Lamar isn't much of a threat in the air.
Yep. Didn't know Ingram was dealing with that. Whats up with Dobbins? Thought he was the RB2?

Ravens offense will likely depend on the splash play like they always have. Which is concerning given the Steelers propensity of giving up the big play.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus replaced Ingram when he went down. He runs similarly. I would think Gus gets the start.

I think this is a low scoring game that stays close until the end.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus replaced Ingram when he went down. He runs similarly. I would think Gus gets the start.

I think this is a low scoring game that stays close until the end.
Interesting. Coaches must've soured on Dobbins because he looked good weeks 1-2. Maybe he wasn't as good in the pass game (catching & pass-pro).

Agreed. Definitely has the look of a defensive ballgame. Really stressin the pick-6's this week. Ben's quick passing is going to be scary .

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Coaches must've soured on Dobbins because he looked good weeks 1-2. Maybe he wasn't as good in the pass game (catching & pass-pro).

Agreed. Definitely has the look of a defensive ballgame. Really stressin the pick-6's this week. Ben's quick passing is going to be scary .
Dobbins only had 7 carries week one, they just gave him goal line work.

week two he had two carries and broke one.

But he hasn’t got much work period

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be a rough one like you said though.

Steelers come off a pounding game. And the Ravens are fresh off their Bye, and at home. Ooh well, we never expected to go 16-0. And there's always the rematch at home.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be a rough one like you said though.

Steelers come off a pounding game. And the Ravens are fresh off their Bye, and at home. Ooh well, we never expected to go 16-0. And there's always the rematch at home.
I said in another thread. Pencil it in as a loss. Pencil it in as we get crushed.

even if so. We really should be 9-1 coming back into the rematch..

let’s say we lose again....

let’s say we drop to the colts and they bills...and drop another game somewhere

ThTs 11-5....I think that would be disappointing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbins only had 7 carries week one, they just gave him goal line work.

week two he had two carries and broke one.

But he hasn’t got much work period
Good to know. Was basing my viewpoints off of highlight reels lol. I don't think I ever tuned into their games for extended periods of time. Just redzone exposure mainly.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stats from the PPG this mornin:

• Lamar Jackson has been sacked 15 times in just 6 games, compared to only taking 23 all of last season.
    • Defenses are containing him better and forcing him to stay in the pocket.
  • Lamar Jackson's air yards per attempt has gone up to 9.5, up from 8.8 last year. His yard per attempt are down from 7.8 to 7.0 since last season.
    • Stretching the field more horizontally? At least thats how I'm perceiving that.
  • Ingram & Edwards are averaging 4.5ypc, and Dobbins a lethal change of pace at 6.2ypc.
    • Stout O-line paving the way.
  • Marquise Brown's yards per reception has gone up big from 12.7 to 14.5 becoming a true downfield threat. Has had 7 catches over 20yds.
    • Getting more comfortable in the passing game. Also more dangerous with the ball in his hands.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the QB in that game? Don't remember when BigBen got injured last year.
Rudolph... the red-nosed as$hole

But he was replaced before the half by Ducky Hodges IIRC. Earl Thomas almost took Rudolph's head off.

Last edited:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in another thread. Pencil it in as a loss. Pencil it in as we get crushed.

even if so. We really should be 9-1 coming back into the rematch..

let’s say we lose again....

let’s say we drop to the colts and they bills...and drop another game somewhere

ThTs 11-5....I think that would be disappointing.
there's no way this team will lose to BOTH the colts and bills. maybe one or the other, but not both. frankly, i personally can't envision us losing to Indy. we barely skated by them last year, sure, but this year, i see us pounding that horseshoe ass

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dobbins doesn’t have enough body of work to make an analysis in the nfl. He has 25 carries for 154 yards. He broke a 44 yarder in week2.

a 12 yarder in week 1. And a 14 yarder in week 3. I didn’t look at the rest. But take those away he’s at 3.8 ypc....can break one but hits a wall a lot? I dunno.

sample size way too small

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the QB in that game? Don't remember when BigBen got injured last year.
rudolph...until he got knocked out by thomas and was replaced by devlin hodges.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no way this team will lose to BOTH the colts and bills. maybe one or the other, but not both. frankly, i personally can't envision us losing to Indy. we barely skated by them last year, sure, but this year, i see us pounding that horseshoe ass
I’m not saying they will. I’m just saying worst case is 11-5 the floor?