• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Bengals at Cowboys

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we gotta do better if we're going to make the playoffs.

maybe they got satisfied with their 2nd place run and just aren't as hungry?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Top 5 QBs this week..

Cooper Rush
Joe Flacco
TuAnon
Jared Goff
Jimmy G

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Chris Evan's name on the radio while I was driving.

Seems like he's been rather uninvolved. we need that 2nd RB, it can't be all Mixon.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're loaded on Offense, with a rebuilt OL, and we only have 9 points.

I mean, we could score on the next one, but would you have ever predicted that? not me.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's something wrong when you keep making second rate QBs look this good.
can't put my finger on it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last week they lost the TO battle 0-5 and dealt with an injury to their long snapper mid-game. It was a weird game. I'll give them mulligan. I expect a decisive win today. Anything less and I'll start to worry
Officially worried. The offense regressed. Defense is average.

At least the division took a collective L today

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, this sucks. 0-2 surely diminishes our chances at the playoffs. it will be hard to catch the good teams in the AFC.

if we lose to the Jets, then I guess I can go back to making the yard prettier.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better, we were never invulnerable.

Our Playoff run was Awesome, but this is basically still the same team, give or take a handful, that dropped 2 games to the f'n browns and lost to the Jets last season.

things will get better.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better, we were never invulnerable.

Our Playoff run was Awesome, but this is basically still the same team, give or take a handful, that dropped 2 games to the f'n browns and lost to the Jets last season.

things will get better.
Through 2 weeks it doesn’t seem like this team made any efforts to improve on their offense from last season. They are still running the same predictable, slow developing running plays that set them behind the sticks. Red zone play calling is still awful. Teams have figured them out and they have no counter to it.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that our offensive line is bad. But at some point, coaches and quarterbacks just need to figure this shit out. We just played two teams that had just as many or more questions about their line than we do and neither looked like they were going to get their QB killed every other play. It's one thing to have guys get beat, it's another to have a system that seems to consistently have trouble identifying blitzes and has free runners at the QB every play. It seems like there are structural issues with the design more than anything.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that our offensive line is bad. But at some point, coaches and quarterbacks just need to figure this shit out. We just played two teams that had just as many or more questions about their line than we do and neither looked like they were going to get their QB killed every other play. It's one thing to have guys get beat, it's another to have a system that seems to consistently have trouble identifying blitzes and has free runners at the QB every play. It seems like there are structural issues with the design more than anything.

Some of these sacks are what you call coverage sacks. Joe gets back there, and starts going through his progressions, he doesn't like what he sees, and at that point needs to throw the ball away, but he holds on as if he's behind the walls of jericho.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd.... It looks like we play 2 different offenses. We have the wide-zone running offense that we use when Joe is under center. And then we have some odd hybrid Burrow at LSU and McVay shotgun offense where all receivers run patterns that are at least 10-15 yards long and never develop in enough time to let Burrow make a decision.

At the very least it would be interesting to let Evans get some time working out of the shotgun sets and either get handoffs or short passes. Seems like that would probably work.