• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2, a week in Indy

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is just new to me, but the bears have been scrimmaging the Colts and now will be playing them in a preseason game?

Maybe, maybe not. Lets hope we get to see longer stretches of said "starters" tonight.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not escape unscathed.

Fucking Mills is hurt again. Right Tackle is my biggest concern on that o-line as it is. His injury seems fairly serious, with Leno getting the nod tonight.

Maybe worse, is Pernell McPhee hurt his knee. No indication as to how serious, but he didn't finish Thursdays session.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Bears players were praising Luck was over the top. He must have practiced them real good. lol On a side note Jay had to notice. It was strange hearing players say something nice about a QB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not escape unscathed.

Fucking Mills is hurt again. Right Tackle is my biggest concern on that o-line as it is. His injury seems fairly serious, with Leno getting the nod tonight.

FK Mills move on, if Leno sucks then make a move. A few RT might be had when cuts start.

Maybe worse, is Pernell McPhee hurt his knee. No indication as to how serious, but he didn't finish Thursdays session.
This would be huge, bigger then the White injury.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be huge. Much bigger then the White injury.
ESPeNis seemed to imply Mills' injury was the worse of the two, or maybe that was just due to him being hurt all of last year and the "trend" makes it more serious?:noidea:

Not a whole lot of info on either, other than they were unable to finish practice.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills injury is more of a nice way to say.....grab some bench.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPeNis seemed to imply Mills' injury was the worse of the two, or maybe that was just due to him being hurt all of last year and the "trend" makes it more serious?:noidea:

Not a whole lot of info on either, other than they were unable to finish practice.
No I mean worse for the Bears as in we need McPee more. Not which injury is worse medical wise.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bushrod needs to have a comeback year, he was pretty bad last year, I was hoping we picked up a left tackle and let Bushrod finish his career on the right. Maybe the beast Tayo will move up the food chain, definitely had my fill of Ola last year. I guess we wait another year to see if they finally decide to move Long out there.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva throw there by Jay, wiped out by a hands to the face.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our second and third strings are better than their second and third strings. First team offense needs to find the end zone.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First team Offense does need to find the endzone and stop committing fucking penalties.

Cutler's 2 best plays were negated by stupid unnecessary penalties.

I know it's preseason, but I liked what I saw from Cutler. Playing with no-names for receivers, he still spread it around and was smart with the ball.

So...now that Wilson has a hammy issue and we still have no idea how serious Jeffrey's injury is, you still think we're "loaded" or "fine" at the WR position? Royal was a great addition, but he's a slot-guy. I like Bellamy actually and I think we will be fine, but it really does show that we hinged a lot on White.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo! McPhee looking dominant there.

It was good to see McPhee have a few moments in the limited amount he played. I was worried. Cutler looked 100% better this game, but isn't this one of our biggest complaints on Jay, great one game, awful the next? I'm looking for consistency, lets all hope he finds it. Also, I am pretty sure we ran more in this game than we did in the entirety of last season (I know, but it was worth noting). I hope it continues and isn't just a way to find a back up RB behind Forte. Yahoo sports reporter at Bear camp noted that Forte still has more burst and speed than any of the back ups (to his eye), not sure what that says about our back ups but it speaks volumes for Matt.

We have O line issues, pray no one gets injured. We still need to find a RT and I think soon a LT. And our secondary, oh my. Pray we get to opposition QB's quickly with the front 7.

edit: Must... Remind... Self... We... Are... Rebuilding.