• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 15...vs NE

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think the Patriots D looked bad just remember the Steelers Defense lost to John Gruden and the Raiders...

Also gotta look at the Pats offense against teams like Buffalo, Detroit and Tennessee. Granted, two of those games were against ex-patriots coaches so they probably had an advantage, but still.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers annually fail to capitalize on arguably the league’s most talented roster. They stubbornly just do what they do against every team, believing their talent will carry the day; routinely make mistakes with the game on the line, and harm themselves with silly self-generated controversies and internal

Couldn't write it any better.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ForSomereason Big Ben has always seemed to find a way to hand over a game to the Patriots. Remember 2017? Smith take a catch with under a minute and puts the Steelers inside the 10. That freak call of non catch totally screwed Ben's head and he throws what may hve been one of the worst passes in Steeler history. Then he does again a year later. Say what you want about Tomlin and his ego, but Ben has been the biggest failure in the most tense moments.

That being said, the Patriots defense is like a new strain of the flu. You feel like a million buck and the next minute the toilet is incapable of handling the load. You finally get yourself cleaned up and start to do something and just as you think the day is is going to be great, horrific cramps and youncan'tunbuckle you belt fast enough to respond to the necessity.

This week we'll see if the Patriots defense can keep the BVDs clean. Or Big Ben will be the latest strain of offensive flu and cause the Patriots enough grief that these boxers will have to be tossed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christopher L. Gasper: If the Patriots don’t beat the Steelers, we’ll know there’s something really wrong - The Boston Globe

Solving the New York Times crossword puzzle while simultaneously manning the wheel in rush-hour traffic is easier than figuring out this version of the Patriots. It’s probably less frustrating, too. The Patriots defense defies categorization. The offense seems slightly askew like a picture hanging on the wall you keep adjusting to no avail. The bedrock of the team’s success, situational football superiority, went haywire in horrifying fashion in an all-time loss to Miami last week.

It’s disorienting. But we’ll really know there is something flawed about this iteration of the Patriots if they don’t beat the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday at Heinz Field. Playing this opponent in this spot is a tailor-made bounce-back game and confidence booster for the Patriots. It’s one a Patriots team wins. Coming off the Miracle of Miami, the Steelers are the perfect antidote for the Patriots because they’re the anti-Patriots.

The Patriots maximize their talent, adjust their game plans to outfox opponents, and keep the distractions to a minimum. The Steelers annually fail to capitalize on arguably the league’s most talented roster. They stubbornly just do what they do against every team, believing their talent will carry the day; routinely make mistakes with the game on the line, and harm themselves with silly self-generated controversies and internal backbiting.
tenor.gif

You bean-eating son of a bitch.

I'd like to debate him on the league's most talented roster comment, but he nailed the rest of his sermon!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ForSomereason Big Ben has always seemed to find a way to hand over a game to the Patriots. Remember 2017? Smith take a catch with under a minute and puts the Steelers inside the 10. That freak call of non catch totally screwed Ben's head and he throws what may hve been one of the worst passes in Steeler history. Then he does again a year later. Say what you want about Tomlin and his ego, but Ben has been the biggest failure in the most tense moments.

That being said, the Patriots defense is like a new strain of the flu. You feel like a million buck and the next minute the toilet is incapable of handling the load. You finally get yourself cleaned up and start to do something and just as you think the day is is going to be great, horrific cramps and youncan'tunbuckle you belt fast enough to respond to the necessity.

This week we'll see if the Patriots defense can keep the BVDs clean. Or Big Ben will be the latest strain of offensive flu and cause the Patriots enough grief that these boxers will have to be tossed.

Agreed. Not only those games...Ben has not had a great year with ball security in general. The DEF has been so bad of late and in those NE games that we've taken some of the light off Ben's play.

The Tomlin pc of this matchup is mostly on DEF. He continues to deploy a DEF scheme that's taylor made for Brady and McD. You're right, NE DEF hasn't been much better and that our only hope for a close game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The questions those reporters asked are so f*cking stupid...

"How important is ball control this week?"

hmmmmm let me f*cking take a second to think about this.................Dumbass

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Relaxed and just having fun out there. Good work guys.

@Psych-Ward

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relaxed and just having fun out there. Good work guys.
Reread Jeremy Fowler's tweet. I kniow that people rush to get a tweet out before anyone else.....but, if this guy is a journalist, he needs to go back to grade school and retake spelling and sentence construction.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reread Jeremy Fowler's tweet. I kniow that people rush to get a tweet out before anyone else.....but, if this guy is a journalist, he needs to go back to grade school and retake spelling and sentence construction.
I caught all that. Guess I'm just used to it with Twitter. Everyone is terrible at grammar on there.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this raise a ton of red flags that this coaching staff is a massive failure if you're bringing in outside help to specifically coach? lol

Steelers bring in a coach with experience playing the Patriots to work with their defense

Why not just shit can Butler?

Hell, I'm just glad they're trying something, anything, different. This may also lead to the hope that Tomlin might be reconsidering his dumbass "it's execution, not the scheme" b.s., but I know I'm getting my hopes up way too high.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also gotta look at the Pats offense against teams like Buffalo, Detroit and Tennessee. Granted, two of those games were against ex-patriots coaches so they probably had an advantage, but still.
Oh without a doubt but I think Gruden trumps them all as the bottom of the barrel. :suds:

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Tomlin hasn't even sniffed a Super Bowl in EIGHT YEARS! I'd take my chances with anyone else.

Funny thing is, the Steelers need this game like no other. But New England lost last Sunday and that is bad news for the Steelers. This team just keeps letting us down and it doesn't seem like it will change.

NE 31
PIT 17

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this raise a ton of red flags that this coaching staff is a massive failure if you're bringing in outside help to specifically coach? lol

Steelers bring in a coach with experience playing the Patriots to work with their defense

Why not just shit can Butler?

Because it's not a coaching issue.....it's a front office issue.
And a Ben throws to many picks and needs to retire issue
Not understanding the Steeler way
Not adapting to the changing ways of the NFL.

Did I cover all the all the mindless points there?????

I mean for fuck sake, this is defining!!!!