• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 13- Denver Broncos @ Houston Texans

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than knowing CJ Stroud has been great as a rookie I have seen and know very little about the rest of the Texans team. What are their strengths and weaknesses? How is their Defense? How do we match up?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game is a bigger test than the Browns game.

Winning this firmly puts them in the legit playoff hunt where right now they’re just on the outside looking in. Being 6/7 or 7/7 is a whole lot different than 9/7 they are currently.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Stroud IS the Houston Texans right now. I've watched several of their games and he looks like a veteran, elite quarterback already. So poised, never panics, accurate, mobile and a strong arm. The real deal. The Broncos need to find a way to confuse him with their defensive looks. When pressured, he's comfortably stepping up or scrambling. Doesn't seem to get sacked much. An escape artist similar to Josh Allen.

Honestly, I don't think the rest of the team is special but they're young. They've had a ton of high draft picks in the last few years. They're still a year or two away from big time relevance, IMO but they're playing at home and know how important AFC wins are. Expecting a slugfest.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos!

View attachment 347202

If Timmy could beat the Texans, Russ should have no problem…

.. or Drew Lock

drew-lock.jpg

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some interesting undertones in this game with the Texans

I don;t really know how much truth there was to the news that the Broncos' first choice for HC was DeMeco Ryans - but if true, there might be an added bit of the competitive spirit ringing with Sean Payton (( not that a future HOF HC would need it, but we're talking about some of the most competitive people on the planet ))

And I know this is water under the bridge - Bill O'Brien is long gone from the Texans - but in 2018, Vance Joseph was our HC, and Demaryius Thomas was a WR for the Texans .... Just before halftime, Vance opted to attempt a 62 yd FG, which, to many lip readers, caused the Texans HC to shout

"“Good job Vance, you dumb f@ck.”

More recently, we watched Drew Lock, Noah Fant, Courtland Sutton, Phillip Lindsay and rising star OC Rich Scangarello blow the doors off a heavily favored Texans' team ..... At the time, it seemed like that core was the future for the Broncos offense ...

Stepping out of the time machine and back into reality, the Texans have played a boatload of middling to bad teams, and their defense is prone to giving up huge chunks of yards to screens and check downs

I think our RBs will have a big day catching passes and we might even see Jerry Jeudy have a big day

One thing we CANNOT allow to happen is having it a close game in the final stanza ... Stroud can march a team down the field in the blink of an eye

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't far behind Nathaniel Hackett in the history books.

.. with Studesville having a higher win percentage with Tim Tebow vs Hackett and Russell Wilson

Honestly, I'd put Hackett over McDaniels on the list of worst Bronco HCs ... at least with Mc Daniels we had a 6 game winning streak and some fire along the way

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this one will be a lot tougher because of Stroud. The Browns QB situation is all fucked up.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Stroud IS the Houston Texans right now. I've watched several of their games and he looks like a veteran, elite quarterback already. So poised, never panics, accurate, mobile and a strong arm. The real deal. The Broncos need to find a way to confuse him with their defensive looks. When pressured, he's comfortably stepping up or scrambling. Doesn't seem to get sacked much. An escape artist similar to Josh Allen.

Honestly, I don't think the rest of the team is special but they're young. They've had a ton of high draft picks in the last few years. They're still a year or two away from big time relevance, IMO but they're playing at home and know how important AFC wins are. Expecting a slugfest.
The defense is playing well....only giving up around 20ppg.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that's true - the Broncos have been so bland on offense - Throwing in a few wrinkles each week makes them potentially effective.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that's true - the Broncos have been so bland on offense - Throwing in a few wrinkles each week makes them potentially effective.

Would love to see more tight end wrinkles!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this one will be a lot tougher because of Stroud. The Browns QB situation is all fucked up.

Agree. Although the difference too is Stroud doesn't have the best OL in the NFL and one of the best D's in the NFL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Although the difference too is Stroud doesn't have the best OL in the NFL and one of the best D's in the NFL.
Cleveland has the best OL?

And Houston has a good defense with a HC that knows how to call a defense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has the best OL?

And Houston has a good defense with a HC that knows how to call a defense.

Yes, Cleveland has the best OL in the NFL, IMO. Eagles or Browns anyway.

I never said Houston had a bad defense. I said the Browns have one of the best D's.