• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after a crazy game against SD -- the fins keep the streak alive.

Now on to face the Rams

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be easy but definitely winnable. They need to cut down on the stupid penalties it was ridiculous. Rams have a hard time scoring so just as long as they continue to run the ball Tanny is doing a better job of taking advantage of the situations to pass so the offence should be able to put enough on the board.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Fins' chances in this game. A balanced offensive attack with run and pass and the team should be fine. I like the play calling of the offense. The Fins' WRs & RBs have been getting well deserved credit. The Fins' TEs have really stepped up and made plays with Cameron & Sims out. The Fins defense is hitting their stride. If they play as well against the Rams as they did against the Chargers the winning streak should continue. Hopefully the Fins will have less penalties in the next game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J Goff will be starting against the Fins. The Fins have some ball hawks in the secondary & a good dline. Plus the LBs have been playing well. I'm thinking it wont be an easy game for the rookie.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past I would be convinced that Miami would make the rookie look like a world beater in his first action. I'm more comfortable with Joseph's ability to get the job done, but I have to admit there is still a part of me that is worried.

I haven't really paid much attention to the crowds at Rams game so far, but they will definitely be "up" for Goff's first game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Vance Joseph's chances of making Goff uncomfortable. Multiple Fins' players are playing well within the scheme and developing their talents. A good coach like Joseph is probably excited for the opportunity to face a rookie in his first game. That said the Fins need to have another good game stopping the run also to be able to win.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just typical the Fins can't just have one olineman out it has to be 2-3 at the same time giving them no chance to run or pass. Drives me nuts but hopefully the backups are more ready now... don't let Tunsil shower or do anything for that matter!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Tunsil ( as long as he doesn't slip on a wet surface) He was the best LT last year in college last year. He has that rare combination of great footwork & power. He'll do fine. Steen is serviceable at Center. This is not Urbik's first rodeo. He is a proven vet. The problem is that the Rams have one of the best Dlines in the NFL. It will be a tough game for all these guys. That said, I think the Fins have the advantage at QB, RB, and I think the Fins are stacked at WR. These guys still have a good chance to outscore the Rams. I think the Rams will have even more problems dealing with the Fins' defense.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Tunsil ( as long as he doesn't slip on a wet surface) He was the best LT last year in college last year. He has that rare combination of great footwork & power. He'll do fine. Steen is serviceable at Center. This is not Urbik's first rodeo. He is a proven vet. The problem is that the Rams have one of the best Dlines in the NFL. It will be a tough game for all these guys. That said, I think the Fins have the advantage at QB, RB, and I think the Fins are stacked at WR. These guys still have a good chance to outscore the Rams. I think the Rams will have even more problems dealing with the Fins' defense.
I agree that Tunsil will be fine but throwing two backups in the interior is worrisome. One guy no problem but hopefully they hold their own. That's also the rams strength. Tanny will need to be on and quick passing they still must try to run too.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Tunsil will be fine but throwing two backups in the interior is worrisome. One guy no problem but hopefully they hold their own. That's also the rams strength. Tanny will need to be on and quick passing they still must try to run too.

It does make it more challenging with multiple starters out. THill has won some games through the years though with subpar Olines. He has experienced a lot of adversity in his career & has generally been a .500 QB. Most of those guys are gone. I like Urbick & Steen better than Turner & Douglas. THill is tough. He'll probably have to endure some hits & less time to throw but he has been getting the ball out sooner & he has the ability to scramble. If the Fins can break some long runs & make some big plays on quick passes that could get the Rams defense back on their heels. This could be a good game for Landry to remind everyone that he is a primetime player. Hopefully he's recovered well from his injury.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make it more challenging with multiple starters out. THill has won some games through the years though with subpar Olines. He has experienced a lot of adversity in his career & has generally been a .500 QB. Most of those guys are gone. I like Urbick & Steen better than Turner & Douglas. THill is tough. He'll probably have to endure some hits & less time to throw but he has been getting the ball out sooner & he has the ability to scramble. If the Fins can break some long runs & make some big plays on quick passes that could get the Rams defense back on their heels. This could be a good game for Landry to remind everyone that he is a primetime player. Hopefully he's recovered well from his injury.
Yeah I like those guys too but it's a lot of change for any oline. Definitely better than the other guys so hopefully they can keep things clean. Hopefully Pouncy plays though would make life easier...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its always important if the Fins win the toss to elect to receive as that is the best way to start fast -- when you have the ball.

That said, with our O-Line troubles back for this game -- we might be better off taking our chances with the defense trying to set the tone - especially so with a rookie starting.

That said, the defense MUST START fast and get it done from start to finish. It can't be another game where they take punch after punch before they decide to react.

With a rookie either way -- he can shook us with some good stuff or he can be horrifically bad-- its the Dolphins so you never know which way it can go.

We have to go for the kill early or risk making a rookie look like a future HOFer

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, with our O-Line troubles back for this game -- we might be better off taking our chances with the defense trying to set the tone - especially so with a rookie starting.

The Fins could get good field position early with the defense making the Rams punt with the first series or better yet with a turnover. That could be a major positive. I like it when the team gets the ball to start the 2nd half. That said, if the Fins march right down the field and score a TD early the Rams could be in trouble. The pressure would be on the rookie even more. Also, if the Rams fall behind two scores the Fins pass rush would be even more of a factor.[/QUOTE]

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Fins could get good field position early with the defense making the Rams punt with the first series or better yet with a turnover. That could be a major positive. I like it when the team gets the ball to start the 2nd half. That said, if the Fins march right down the field and score a TD early the Rams could be in trouble. The pressure would be on the rookie even more. Also, if the Rams fall behind two scores the Fins pass rush would be even more of a factor.
[/QUOTE]
Just stop the run and put pressure on the kid all game the rest will take care of itself.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOLPHINS INACTIVES: LT Branden Albert, C Mike Pouncey, CB Xavien Howard, TE Thomas Duarte, DL Nick Williams, LB Jelani Jenkins, DE Mario Williams.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams win toss and elect to receive

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A helpful penalty and a three and out for Fins D

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too pass happy on the first drive and penalty also kills Fins.

Not an acceptable first offensive drive

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always just a matter of time before our giving defense does what it does best. Down 7 already.

Vance Joseph and the Dolphins D once again failing to execute when pressure is brought - but more disappointing, failing to realize when the right time to do it is

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 3 and out for the offense