• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 Eagles MNF

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how the Falcons landed on MNF in week one from LY record, but it is what it is.

All of the local media guys that I've heard, some former players, some just media...they seem to be more concerned with OFC...Oline and running game specifically vs the front 7 of PHI.

Meanwhile the DEF is facing Chip Kelly's rapid fire OFC...most of these same people feel the Falcon DEF will be much improved over LY. From what I've seen I tend to agree with this thinking.

Until I can see the ATL OFC/OL/running game in action a real game it's hard to project this team...can they get pressure on a QB that can't run away?

I picked Eagles 28-23 in one pool I'm in...I still kinda like that score...close but no ciger this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I was wrong on the score.

What went right...OL surprised everyone...they didn't have many penalties, they ran the ZBS with success wide. Rookie Tevin Coleman showed that he can carry the load...I think the few carries Freeman got he tried to do too much a couple of times. The Eagles did get to Matt, but he had times to throw more often than not. Julio was unstoppable...I really like how Shanny moves him around...left, right, slot, strong side and weak side last night.

DEF didn't get a lot of sacks on the night, but they got several QB hits...and they controlled the LOS for a lot of the game...the Eagles couldn't run at all in the 1st half.

The final score.

What went wrong...this is nitpicking/hindsight I know, but I thought Shanny lacked a little patience on the 1st drive in the 3Q...got a nice gain on 1st down...we thought a run was the next play...choose to pass and Matt got sacked, and picked on the next play.

Not as much pressure on Bradford in the 2nd half...possibly need to credit PHI for the adjestment, but it gave the impression of a Mike Smith team letting the foot off the gas. I have wondered who gets 1 yd on this team when you're trying to close out a game...Coleman got it last night and failed on 3rd & 1 late...I still don't know the answer to that.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't know what to think. They were dominant in the first half, and nearly lost the damn game in the second half.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't know what to think. They were dominant in the first half, and nearly lost the damn game in the second half.
Yea, that kind of reminded me of the UGA defense the past few years.

The biggest surprise for me was how bad Freeman was. I'm very glad they drafted Coleman at this point. I was a little surprised to see Justin Hardy was inactive for game one. I thought he was going to end up being the go-to-guy in the slot this year.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that kind of reminded me of the UGA defense the past few years.

The biggest surprise for me was how bad Freeman was. I'm very glad they drafted Coleman at this point. I was a little surprised to see Justin Hardy was inactive for game one. I thought he was going to end up being the go-to-guy in the slot this year.

In fairness to the defense, they didn't start to suck until after our offense failed to stay off the field and they started getting tired.

Taking away the touchdown Philadelphia got from the interception that put them on our eight yard line, our defense only allowed 17 points against what is supposed a pretty dangerous offense. After the years of just awful defense, I'll take that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That rookie RB for the Falcons was impressive.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That rookie RB for the Falcons was impressive.

Coleman? Yeah, I liked him a lot. I had heard about him quite a bit from his final year at Indiana and was surprised the Falcons got him so late. I think he's going to pan out great for the Falcons.

Reactions: GNG

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to the defense, they didn't start to suck until after our offense failed to stay off the field and they started getting tired.

Taking away the touchdown Philadelphia got from the interception that put them on our eight yard line, our defense only allowed 17 points against what is supposed a pretty dangerous offense. After the years of just awful defense, I'll take that.

Yep...they got a little gassed....the rookie nobody is talking much about...Grady...Jarett...had a nice game.