• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Suck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-13 here we come. ponder sucks balls. gonna be a long season season over already.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then go put your allegiance with another team. Today seems to have been a rough game - they didn't air it here - but that's no reason to give up already.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then go put your allegiance with another team. Today seems to have been a rough game - they didn't air it here - but that's no reason to give up already.

I respectfully disagree with you. I think it's pretty clear that the Vikings are not going to have a very good season this year. Ponder still hasn't learned how to be an NFL QB, and he would have looked downright awful had it not been for Jerome Simpson going beast mode and catching several poor passes from Ponder. Being critical/realistic about your team doesn't make you need to "change alliegence". I hate to say it, but if you watched Ponder last year, this preseason, and in today's game and still have faith in this team getting to the playoffs again, let alone getting further than the wildcard round, you're being a homer. It's possible still, but it's just not likely. Last year they had a cupcake schedule and sneaked into the playoffs with very lackluster QB play, riding on the shoulders of Adrian Peterson.

They probably won't do it, but I'd be fine with benching Ponder and putting in Cassel or even MBT. Cassel isn't very good either, but at least he's had some success in the NFL at times. MBT is one of those guys where you almost might as well at least consider seeing what he can do when you know for a fact your starter sucks. Take away Jerome Simpson's best performance as a Viking to date, catching several poor throws from Ponder (Jennings caught a few bad ones as well), and Ponder's day goes from bad to pathetic. How many games like this do we need to see before we decide Ponder isn't the guy? I think it's very funny how some people can have confidence in this guy turning it around. They must not be watching the same games I am. I see a year 3 QB who still looks lost, confused, and easily flustered out there. Remember watching that glorious 2009 year with Brett Favre, and how it was routine of him to step up into the pocket and make clean throws? Ponder never does this. He never hits receivers in stride, it's always behind or in front of them, requiring extra effort for the receiver to catch it. That bomb to Simpson would have been an easy TD had Ponder not underthrown hi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been a vikings fan for at least 17 years. I guess I have no right to be a frustrated fan, huh? Just stating that it's going to be an ugly season for the vikes if ponder continues to play like this. That Bears game is going to be really ugly next week for the vikes.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been a vikings fan for at least 17 years. I guess I have no right to be a frustrated fan, huh? Just stating that it's going to be an ugly season for the vikes if ponder continues to play like this. That Bears game is going to be really ugly next week for the vikes.

Yep. I've been a fan for a good 16 years now myself. So how long do we have to be fans of the team before we are permitted to be dissapointed with lackluster performances, and not being faithful like blind homers, without some other fans getting rustled over it? Are Lions fans supposed to act like they've had a consistent championship caliber team over the course of their franchise history just because they root for that team? No, obviously not. So why is it so wrong to call it like it is with the Vikings? The defense didn't look good today, and Ponder still looks like a clear cut backup QB at best. Even the O-line had a pretty bad game. The Vikings got clowned much worse than the score board makes it appear today.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant "don't give up on the season". I'm a frustrated fan myself - been a Viking fan since 1994 - but coming here and saying "we suck, season's over" after ONE bad loss...that's just too much.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Be frustrated all you want! Call out specific weaknesses! Just don't give up on a sixteen game season after ONE game - the FIRST game!

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Be frustrated all you want! Call out specific weaknesses! Just don't give up on a sixteen game season after ONE game - the FIRST game!

I never said that I have 100% given up on the entire season. That said, I don't have very high expectations. I'd be surprised and thrilled if they make the playoffs. I'm taking a lot of factors into consideration with that assessment that this will probably be a down year. Ponder has never shown to be anything beyond a game manager QB, never shows good poise in the pocket, and is a pretty inaccurate passer. He's been bailed out quite a bit by receivers making tough catches, as very evidenced by Jerome Simspon having a great game making a ton of tough catches, and Jennings hauling in a few innaccurate passes as well. Take those away and Ponder was downright awful today.

As I pointed out already, they had a cupcake schedule last year and road AD's historic season and an opportunistic defense to the playoffs despite very lackluster play for the most part at QB. That stuff doesn't win championships in the NFL anymore. Couple that with a much tougher schedule this season that includes zero back-to-back home games with one of our home games being in London against the Steelers, and I'd say it's being a homer to expect a repeat of last year's success. If Ponder turns it around, then great, I will gladly eat crow. However, I am quite certain he will not, and it's going to handicap us all season long.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need improvements from across the board to be even competitive against the bears next week. that is a well balanced team on both sides of the ball.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad they didn't show Musgrave the door at the end of last season.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't see the game, but beyond the obvious, what and who were the problems yesterday?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense looked like swiss cheese yesterday, but they were on the field an awful lot. the offensive line struggled. ponder sucked like usual. jerome simpson actually had over 100 yards receiving. peterson had a 78 yard td run on his 1st carry and he did absolutely nothing after that.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people who watched the game: how much of defense's suck can we attribute to Williams being out with an injured knee?

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people who watched the game: how much of defense's suck can we attribute to Williams being out with an injured knee?

Though Kevin Williams is not the elite force that he once was, you raise a solid point. Guion for example who played a lot in the Detroit game just flat out sucks most of the time. I definitely wondered what it would be like to have KWill up front that game. I think they would have played slightly better.

But one big problem is, our defense is just so young. Xavior Rhodes gets a pass for some dumb mistakes for being a rookie, and he did pretty well at times, but could have been better. Did make a dumb penalty grabbing at Megatron once on a pass that went out of bounds that I honestly think wasn't going to be caught anyway. Harrison Smith got super lucky when Megatron's TD against him got taken away due to the trap catch, because he basically got clowned on that play. Smith saw an easy interception floating to his hands and completely missed seeing Megatron fly in front of him to snag it.

I think our biggest problem on D is, our linebackers are pathetic in coverage. While I love Chad Greenway, his strongsuit is defending the run and he's a liability in pass coverage. Erin Henderson is below average as usual.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though Kevin Williams is not the elite force that he once was, you raise a solid point. Guion for example who played a lot in the Detroit game just flat out sucks most of the time. I definitely wondered what it would be like to have KWill up front that game. I think they would have played slightly better.

But one big problem is, our defense is just so young. Xavior Rhodes gets a pass for some dumb mistakes for being a rookie, and he did pretty well at times, but could have been better. Did make a dumb penalty grabbing at Megatron once on a pass that went out of bounds that I honestly think wasn't going to be caught anyway. Harrison Smith got super lucky when Megatron's TD against him got taken away due to the trap catch, because he basically got clowned on that play. Smith saw an easy interception floating to his hands and completely missed seeing Megatron fly in front of him to snag it.

I think our biggest problem on D is, our linebackers are pathetic in coverage. While I love Chad Greenway, his strongsuit is defending the run and he's a liability in pass coverage. Erin Henderson is below average as usual.

How did Bishop look? Was Floyd in at all? How did Evans do at nose?

I'm surprised Rhodes got clowned, he was hard to misdirect at FSU. I called Smith making stupid mistakes this year, it's his sophomore slump after all. But he'll learn. He's got it all there, just needs to practice and execute.

Was Mistral Raymond in at all? Did Cook do okay or was he giving up on chasing his man? Was Josh Robinson two steps behind his man as usual? Did Robison get clowned?

I was seriously surprised when the Vikes had more offensive players in the best of the NFC North team, and it made me highly suspicious about our defense. Greenway can be a stud, but you're right, he has issues against heavy-passing teams...was hoping Smith could fill in that hole from his position. How was Allen, btw?

Grrr...even if watching that game would've sucked at least I could've drawn my own opinion about our guys.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams looked pretty sloppy at times. I thought Ponder played well last year when he had a gadget type player in harvin. Get Patterson worked into that role and it will open the field up for him.

The Lions d-line is hard to go against for a lot of QB's. Seasons still young yet, I think you guys will be fine.

What was your thoughts on Suh's block? Do you guys feel it was dirty?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt that the Suh block was a little on the dirty side. It was uncalled for in my opinion. If it were a season ending or a career ending injury, then I'm sure John Sullivan and the Vikings would be extremely mad at him. That being said, the Lions are an extremely talented team and if they can eliminate some stupid mistakes on the field, then they will be even tougher to beat for most teams.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I think the LB's were very bad. Greenway was out of position. or just got turned around many times. Henderson was the same as always, it won't be long until Bishop is in the middle imo.
The DE's played solid. Stafford gets rid of the ball damn quick when he has to. KW was missed very badly, I don't think Bush has that great of a game if Williams were in. Reggie is great though, I've always liked him and figured he will have a good season w/the Lions.