• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need more offense!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need more offense stevie! it's time to give nikita kucherov a call!! plus lightning send Bret Connolly back to the AHL! with the stamkos injury that kind of surprised me. I guess they like JT Brown much better then connolly. Also might be a indication that Tom Pyatt is close to coming back from his shoulder injury.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need more offense stevie! it's time to give nikita kucherov a call!! plus lightning send Bret Connolly back to the AHL! with the stamkos injury that kind of surprised me. I guess they like JT Brown much better then connolly. Also might be a indication that Tom Pyatt is close to coming back from his shoulder injury.
As good as he plays in the AHL Connolly just can't seem to match it in the NHL What a shame to lose last night with five seconds to go. But we got one point out of eight on the road trip.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They like JT better because he shoots the puck & drives to the net. BJ is a keeper also. He's practically the only Bolt who will try to screen the net-minder. Connolly was, well, hmm just fitting in like all the other Bolt forwards (looking to pass the puck while skating around humming "I'm too sexy)!

One man has not, can not & will not replace Stammers PERIOD! So why do we waste even more $ for what we already have too many? However, 1 defensive D-man can help us today.

If you read anything in this post, read this: Imagine just for 1 minute Douglass Murray and Seth Jones. We could have had both. Murray along side Gudas or Hedman since both are offensive D-men and we could have had Seth learning D here right from his start. I was going to say to learn the Bolts style of play but we really don't want that to happen! :laugh3: :lol:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They like JT better because he shoots the puck & drives to the net. BJ is a keeper also. He's practically the only Bolt who will try to screen the net-minder. Connolly was, well, hmm just fitting in like all the other Bolt forwards (looking to pass the puck while skating around humming "I'm too sexy)!

One man has not, can not & will not replace Stammers PERIOD! So why do we waste even more $ for what we already have too many? However, 1 defensive D-man can help us today.

If you read anything in this post, read this: Imagine just for 1 minute Douglass Murray and Seth Jones. We could have had both. Murray along side Gudas or Hedman since both are offensive D-men and we could have had Seth learning D here right from his start. I was going to say to learn the Bolts style of play but we really don't want that to happen! :laugh3: :lol:

He's horrible, he would have hurt the Lightning, not helped them

And Seth Jones might look good now but they needed to draft Drouin, he's replacing Marty St. Louis in a few years, essentially

People have to realize, this takes time for the Lightning - Stevie Y inherited a complete mess in Tampa and has done a really nice job so far, one move is not going to make them significantly better - the guys that are there now have to learn from their mistakes and be better from it

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, perfect example why we need more offense was last night game. I Shall Return, C'mon man, it's not hard to see. Look I acknowledge the D needs improving but this offense stinks, they can't put a puck in the net currently. I told everyone even if Bish plays he's heart our we'd still struggle to score and win games. Last night Bish played as well as he could of done, I understand Hiller played well too but you can't even reward your goalie a goal for the effort put in, that's pathetic. Keep It the way it is and i'm sorry this season will slip down hill, too much pressure is being put on Ben's shoulders. Sure the D could help with that but you have to score some goals in order to win and scoring 1 goal here, 1 there and none here isn't going to cut it. Not many teams win with the offense win scoring 1 or 2 goals not matter how great the D is.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I hope the demotion of Brett Connolly means there is a trade coming. In my opinion Connolly is no longer a fit here in Tampa, he hasn't produced. I think Connolly could well be a traded in the offseason.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's horrible, he would have hurt the Lightning, not helped them

And Seth Jones might look good now but they needed to draft Drouin, he's replacing Marty St. Louis in a few years, essentially

People have to realize, this takes time for the Lightning - Stevie Y inherited a complete mess in Tampa and has done a really nice job so far, one move is not going to make them significantly better - the guys that are there now have to learn from their mistakes and be better from it

Yes no doubt old ownership and Lawton really messed us up badly.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I hope the demotion of Brett Connolly means there is a trade coming. In my opinion Connolly is no longer a fit here in Tampa, he hasn't produced. I think Connolly could well be a traded in the offseason.

Yes I could see this in the offseason for sure. Yzerman did say Connolly needs to improve his hockey iq and he can do that better in the minors.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning have the offense (Drouin, Kucherov, & Namestnikov). They just gotta be willing to call them up and not be so worried about their development. I think these 3 will no doubt make the transition from CHL & AHL to NHL without a problem. If they don't work out, send them back. I think it's worth it just while Stamkos is out. Give the fans a taste of the future.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning have the offense (Drouin, Kucherov, & Namestnikov). They just gotta be willing to call them up and not be so worried about their development. I think these 3 will no doubt make the transition from CHL & AHL to NHL without a problem. If they don't work out, send them back. I think it's worth it just while Stamkos is out. Give the fans a taste of the future.
Namestnikov broke his hand so he is going to be out 4-6 weeks at least. But yes Kucherov in my mind is nhl ready! and no doubt Drouin needs to be on this lightning team next year! he has too much talent not too. Yzerman likes to bring them along slow I think he should not worry so much about starting kucherov and drouin. Yzerman wanted to rebuild so he needs to put these guys in the nhl around great players like St.Louis and Stamkos.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Namestnikov broke his hand so he is going to be out 4-6 weeks at least. But yes Kucherov in my mind is nhl ready! and no doubt Drouin needs to be on this lightning team next year! he has too much talent not too. Yzerman likes to bring them along slow I think he should not worry so much about starting kucherov and drouin. Yzerman wanted to rebuild so he needs to put these guys in the nhl around great players like St.Louis and Stamkos.

That sucks for Namestnikov, he was doing really well this season. Kucherov is probably the better of the 2 anyway, if I were to call 1 up it would be Kucherov. He's just lighting it up in the AHL as a rookie. Would be cool to see Drouin on the Ning fairly soon, he's no doubt NHL ready as well, will be very interesting to see how well he performs as a rookie when the Ning decide to call him up. Calder would be a lock for him next season.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but we need offense now, we have a ton of offense in the future some which I expect will be trading for defense in the summer but if Stevie Y stands pat with these forwards until the return of Stamkos, then the season will be over. We do have depth but a whole lot of depth is playing our of position, players are now playing against better D pairings than what they facing when Stamkos was playing. I think it makes sense to give Drouin a look for one game, give him a taste of the NHL before next year. As Todd said, Namestinkov is our with a broken hand but yeah Kucherov should be here now. Kucherov is a goal scorer and we need as many goals as we can possible get, that is why i'd be in on Mike Cammalleri, a proven goal scorer. Mike Cammalleri and Joey MacDonald for Anders Lindback and J.T Brown and possible a late pick? Even if Cammalleri doesn't help this team enough, you could move him before the deadline, 1st round pick in return or a couple of mid level prospects? Your probably saying why acquire a guy on then move him later on but what we giving up from our perspective? Lindback who doesn't really hold a future with the organization and J.T Brown has the celling of a 3rd line winger and with Drouin, Killorn and Palat on that LW, he doesn't seem to be an ideal fit.

Lines:

Killorn-Cammalleri-Marty
Purcell-Val-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but we need offense now, we have a ton of offense in the future some which I expect will be trading for defense in the summer but if Stevie Y stands pat with these forwards until the return of Stamkos, then the season will be over. We do have depth but a whole lot of depth is playing our of position, players are now playing against better D pairings than what they facing when Stamkos was playing. I think it makes sense to give Drouin a look for one game, give him a taste of the NHL before next year. As Todd said, Namestinkov is our with a broken hand but yeah Kucherov should be here now. Kucherov is a goal scorer and we need as many goals as we can possible get, that is why i'd be in on Mike Cammalleri, a proven goal scorer. Mike Cammalleri and Joey MacDonald for Anders Lindback and J.T Brown and possible a late pick? Even if Cammalleri doesn't help this team enough, you could move him before the deadline, 1st round pick in return or a couple of mid level prospects? Your probably saying why acquire a guy on then move him later on but what we giving up from our perspective? Lindback who doesn't really hold a future with the organization and J.T Brown has the celling of a 3rd line winger and with Drouin, Killorn and Palat on that LW, he doesn't seem to be an ideal fit.

Lines:

Killorn-Cammalleri-Marty
Purcell-Val-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

I've been playing the Syracuse Crunch on NHL 14, Kucherov has an awesome shot, very Stamkosesque.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been playing the Syracuse Crunch on NHL 14, Kucherov has an awesome shot, very Stamkosesque.

I predict in a few years drouin ,stamkos and kucherov will all get 100 points each in the same season. Kucherov has a great shot I saw big improvement in him at training camp. Also I agree Danny we need to get mike c from the flames. Brown, lindback and a 3rd round pick should do it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict in a few years drouin ,stamkos and kucherov will all get 100 points each in the same season. Kucherov has a great shot I saw big improvement in him at training camp. Also I agree Danny we need to get mike c from the flames. Brown, lindback and a 3rd round pick should do it.

Hmm, that's a bold prediction. 100 points for 3 players in the same season is sort of tough to pull off these days. In the past 3 seasons, only 2 players have scored 100+ points (Daniel Sedin in 2010-11 & Evgeni Malkin in 2011-12).

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor kucherov is being called up

Damian Cristodero is reporting that Kucherov is likely to be called up which is very good news, we need as much offense as we can get. I also saw somert about Yzerman saying a trade for a vet is possible, Steve go get Mike Cammalleri!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damian Cristodero is reporting that Kucherov is likely to be called up which is very good news, we need as much offense as we can get. I also saw somert about Yzerman saying a trade for a vet is possible, Steve go get Mike Cammalleri!

I think Kucherov could definitely help the Bolts, and I'm sure Jon Cooper will put him in the right situation if he indeed gets called up

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov and Korobov have been recalled from the Crunch.