• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We aren't drafting a RB...

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This simple: three ways to get a RB: free agency, draft, or promote a player you already have.

We've all seen the list of FA RBs. This remains the most likely scenario. Even if none of these guys blows you away, the birds get to pick a veteran with experience and s track record. Many of them are looking for a second chance which the Ragles could provide. Hopefully this encourages a friendly contract.

Draft? Unless you can see the Eagles using a high draft pick on a RB (I cant), why draft a RB after the third round? We are looking for a guy who can come in and start.

Roster-here's where it gets interesting. Besides Sproles we hVe Barnet and Tucker on the PS. I love Tucker. Size, speed, and power running. Does everything asked of him. Can he carry the load? Who knows. Then we have Bsrber who I believe went to a favorite college of Chip. Should know the offense well. I can see us giving these guys a chance before an unknown rookie.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about being a college coach, is I think you become much more comfortable with putting unproven guys out on the field. In college you do it every year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Chip to both--sign a mid-level FA RB and also draft a guy. That might be the smart route, just to be safe.

The more I think about what's going on, the more I think Chip in general is going to sign a ton of mid-priced free agents and then mortgage his draft to get Mariota.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us signing a FA like Ingram or Spiller…then drafting a RB from the 3rd-5th round. I'm all in on Ameer Abdullah, hoping he last to our 3rd rounder.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the FA list I want nothing to do with a FA RB. Give me a RB in the top 4 rounds of the draft all the way.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us signing a FA like Ingram or Spiller…then drafting a RB from the 3rd-5th round. I'm all in on Ameer Abdullah, hoping he last to our 3rd rounder.

I heard Jaws talking about this on the radio earlier and I like it. Duke Johnson is a natural Eagle.