• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors to work with David Lee on trading him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that we will waive Wallace to take advantage of the stretch provision. I read that waiving Wallace can save the Warriors $30 million.

It's been a while since I've seen Wallace play. I really was unsure if he were still in the league. I can't see us keeping him. There's no use in playing a 10 year (??) veteran who career is on the downswing when you can give players like McAdoo or Holiday some PT, or even the new rookie we drafted...Looney.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if they keep him, folks.

Marc Spears via Twitter: The Warriors plan to keep newcomer forward Gerald Wallace, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing wrong with what you said. Your initial post just rubbed a few the wrong way, sort of portraying Lee as someone only after the money. Lee's been a favorite of a lot of us over the years even if his play wasn't conducive to our new up-tempo style. Many of us felt especially bad for him this year, but were proud of how he handled his demotion.

Yeah I understand some people may look at my post in that way. But there's nothing wrong with chasing the money and wanting playing time. Especially when you already have the championship in your resume as Lee now has. He is a true competitor and I wish nothing but the best for the guy, as you mentioned he did handle his demotion with class and with his team-first intentions. Now obviously those intentions may have changed based off this trade to Boston. I don't fault the guy for wanting to have starter minutes and boosting his stock. The guy is only 32 and Lee can easily earn himself a reasonably big contract with a great upcoming season. David West comes to mind who had a $12.1 mil qualifying offer on the table from the Pacers and he is 35 who turned it down with the intentions to chase a championship to add to his resume by signing on for the vet minimum of $1.4mil with the Spurs. Lee's intentions are clearly different and are more in line with most players in the league signing 1 year deals so they can be banking in next summer off the new TV deal.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if they keep him, folks.

Marc Spears via Twitter: The Warriors plan to keep newcomer forward Gerald Wallace, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Keeping him also opens up options for the Warriors down the road. Another 10M expiring contract may look good to teams chasing cap space. If the Warriors are in contention(which they likely will be) adding another piece could help keep the team right in the hunt.

A few options come to mind:

TWolves - Kevin Martin 7M
Magic - Channing Frye 8M

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Kevin Martin is severely underpaid. Minnesota might be fun to watch next year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Kevin Martin is severely underpaid. Minnesota might be fun to watch next year.

KMart is the perimeter equivalent to David Lee.

He has a nice set of skills on offense, but is a complete liability on defense. But having a gunner like him on our second unit with Andre, Festus and Livingston next to him would help alleviate some of that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the better shooters/pure scorers in the league.