• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Warriors and Memphis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't understand basketball. If Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Shaq, Hakeem, and Tim Duncan all scored as a center. By transitive property, Bogut should score points because these guys did.

If Bogut scored 25 a game, the Warriors would have already won the championship. They would have just skipped game 4 because it would have just been a formality. Get your head out of your ass Yoga and learn how basketball works.

Let me first of all thank you for pulling Yoga out from the doldrums and taking up for him, sort of. But, you might want to back up this assertion of yours that I am asking Bogut to score like Jabbar, Shaq, Hakeem and Tim Duncan. I've compared him to very average centers (like Mosgov), and Bogut comes up very short of about half of the centers in the NBA. Even Cleveland's backup center, Tristan Thompson, is outplaying Bogut.

And, if Bogut had just scored 8 points in each of the games, then, yes, the Dubs would be up 3-0.

Are you seriously advocating that Bogut should be passing the ball when he gets it 2 feet from the basket to someone.....anyone else but him rather than him just try to put the ball in the hoop?

Again, thanks for bailing out Yoga, but now you've placed the burden on yourself to address the many stats and facts that I've put up about Bogut and other centers who, somehow, know how to block shots, rebound, and EVEN SET PICKS! Did you look at the statistics link that I provided about just centers for the 2014-15 season? Bogut falls very short of so many centers in the NBA, not the great centers in the league (which we have few of), but just average ones. Bogut's unwillingness to try to score is hurting the team and it allows the Cavaliers to play the Warriors 5 on 4 when GS has the ball. Bogut allows the Cavs to put more pressure than normal on the other 4 Warriors on the floor. And, again, it's why Bogut played only 19 minutes in the last game. If Bogut was doing well for the team he'd have played more than 19 minutes.

But, CS, you take up for Yoga before he has a nervous breakdown. LOL

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me first of all thank you for pulling Yoga out from the doldrums and taking up for him, sort of. But, you might want to back up this assertion of yours that I am asking Bogut to score like Jabbar, Shaq, Hakeem and Tim Duncan. I've compared him to very average centers (like Mosgov), and Bogut comes up very short of about half of the centers in the NBA. Even Cleveland's backup center, Tristan Thompson, is outplaying Bogut.

And, if Bogut had just scored 8 points in each of the games, then, yes, the Dubs would be up 3-0.

Are you seriously advocating that Bogut should be passing the ball when he gets it 2 feet from the basket to someone.....anyone else but him rather than him just try to put the ball in the hoop?

Again, thanks for bailing out Yoga, but now you've placed the burden on yourself to address the many stats and facts that I've put up about Bogut and other centers who, somehow, know how to block shots, rebound, and EVEN SET PICKS! Did you look at the statistics link that I provided about just centers for the 2014-15 season? Bogut falls very short of so many centers in the NBA, not the great centers in the league (which we have few of), but just average ones. Bogut's unwillingness to try to score is hurting the team and it allows the Cavaliers to play the Warriors 5 on 4 when GS has the ball. Bogut allows the Cavs to put more pressure than normal on the other 4 Warriors on the floor. And, again, it's why Bogut played only 19 minutes in the last game. If Bogut was doing well for the team he'd have played more than 19 minutes.

But, CS, you take up for Yoga before he has a nervous breakdown. LOL

Wrong.

Bogut scored 4 points in game 3. If he scores 8, we still lose. Try again? Maybe just up the arbitrary average up to 10. Or you could just up it to 15 to be safe. But then again if you probably up it to 20, you could say the Warriors would be undefeated the entire year. So, direction of this is really up to you.

Harrison Barnes scored 0. How about look to that guy?

Our All-star and 3rd team all NBA SG scored 14 points. Why not ask him for 6 more to round out his average?

Draymond Green, who's going to get a max contract in the off season went 2-10.

Or better yet, blame Kerr. He should just bench Bogut because he's hurting us right? Or wait, maybe you should blame the MVP of the league who went 5-22.

But of course, blame the guy who averages 6 points a game. LOL Greg. Just LOL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Wrong.

Bogut scored 4 points in game 3. If he scores 8, we still lose. Try again?"

Except that the final score was padded by the Dubs fouling hoping the Cavs would miss the foul shots. If they're winning, they aren't fouling and putting the Cavs on the line. By the way, the Cavs made most if not all of their late FT attempts.

"Maybe just up the arbitrary average up to 10. Or you could just up it to 15 to be safe. But then again if you probably up it to 20, you could say the Warriors would be undefeated the entire year. So, direction of this is really up to you."

Or, you could just realize that when guys are 7 feet tall and they receive the ball right around the goal that they should either dunk it or try to make the goal in some other fashion. I never said that Bogut should score 20 points or 15. I've maintained that when he's in such a timid state that he's passing the ball when he should be shooting it, that he's hurting the team. Have you never heard of the term "over-passing"? Do you think that it's possible for a guy to over-pass, especially when he's in a funk offensively? AI9 does it from time to time, but he's been very good in the playoffs, in addition to playing good defense. I guess in Yoga's opinion he needs to stop playing well offensively because...well, he's so good at other things.

I've never tried to or asserted that the Warriors needed to be undefeated for the entire season. My problem is that we're down 2-1 and we've lost the home court advantage. I've pointed fingers at Curry for not being aggressive from the get-go, Green for not having a mid-range game and for losing his touch from 3-pt range, and I've stated that HB's 3-pt shot has gone south. Through some miracle of nature, you've managed not to read those words, and have instead have honed onto the idea that I'm placing all of the blame on Bogut when I've merely maintained my original argument that Bogut should and can do more than set picks, rim protect and whatever the hell else he does. Bogut is capable of forcing the Cleveland defense to have to defend him, which would make it harder for the Cleveland defense to defend others like Curry and Thompson.

"Harrison Barnes scored 0. How about look to that guy?"

I imagine you just can't read. I addressed Barnes in a post already. I then copy and pasted it onto another post. It's up to me to type the post. It's up to you to read them. I can't read for you.

"Our All-star and 3rd team all NBA SG scored 14 points. Why not ask him for 6 more to round out his average?"

He appears to be trying to score. Meanwhile, Bogut is making 25 foot passes out to a teammate from 2 feet from the rim. Maybe Bogut should shoot those shots. I know this is a tremendously radical idea, but the journeyman 5th year center for the Cavs, Timofey Mosgov, seems to have grasped this radicalism with zeal.

"Draymond Green, who's going to get a max contract in the off season went 2-10."

I believe that I said that Green and Barnes looked like they had no idea to do with the ball offensively and that Green has no mid-range game in addition to him having lost his touch from 3-pt range. Did you want me to talk about his mom as well? I'd rather just keep it above board and not attack him personally.

"Or better yet, blame Kerr. He should just bench Bogut because he's hurting us right?"

Bogut was basically benched. He played a whopping total of 17 minutes in the game.

"Or wait, maybe you should blame the MVP of the league who went 5-22."

Is that what you think Cleveland should have done to Lebron James for the entire series, as he's shot about shot around 40% for the series? If you think that benching Curry, who has had two 50% shooting games out of the first 3 games, then that's your opinion. Kerr obviously didn't think so and that's good because Curry almost brought us back to victory in game 3. If you take Curry out, who exactly is going to do the scoring?

"But of course, blame the guy who averages 6 points a game. LOL Greg. Just LOL."

No, ask that the guy who is averaging less than half of what he averaged for the season shoot the ball when he's 2 feet from the basket when he has the ball. It's not all that hard to admit that Bogut has passed up some easy shot attempts thus far in the series. You've fallen into denial as well, CS, for the sake of taking up for your boy. Think for yourself as you usually do. Watch Bogut stumble around trying to get that hot potato out of his hands as fast as he can for fear that he might miss the shot or, God forbid, get fouled. He's hurting the team with his unwillingness to shoot JUST WHEN HE'S OBVIOUSLY OPEN. Watch the next few games and let's see if Bogut continues to clam up or if he breaks out of his timidness and then ask yourself if he was making things easier on the Cavs' defense by being a non-shooter.