• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Warriors and Memphis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game in Oakland: Sunday, May 3, 11:30 pst ABC

Second game in Oakland: Tuesday, May 5, 7:30 pst TNT

Third game in Memphis: Saturday, May 9, 5:00 pst ABC

Fourth game in Memphis: Monday, May 11, 6:30 pst TNT

I'm picking the Warriors in 5.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One down, three to go. Defense was excellent and we got contributions on offense from lots of players. I'm just not at all afraid of Memphis. They're not the team that they were at the beginning of this season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors clearly established themselves as the superior team today. We are always onl one Steph Curry twisted ankle from elimination but, barring that, it looks like this might be a short series.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grizz really taking it to the Dubs tonight. Out-playing and out-hustling a lackadaisical Warrior team.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked lost tonight. Splash Bros were 3 of 17 from downtown...and the team missed 6 crucial FT's.
Conley has heart...and Tony Allen is no joke on defense. Dubs committed 20 TO's.(that's way too many)
Kerr will give them an earful ...and they'll need to take 1 of those 2 games on Beale Street before they return to Oracle. Not sure why Sp8's didn't play more in this one,I missed some of the 1st half.

Hope they treat this loss like a wakeup call, and approach game 3 more focused than they were tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we laid a dud last night. We'd better bring our A game on Saturday.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors did not play up to par last night. Plain and simple. Give the Grizzlies and definitely Mike Conley for being ready to play.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley makes quite a diference but the Warriors did not come prepared to play. They are embarrassed now and I think will come out smoking on Saturday. Unfortunately, the Grizzlies will be fired up at home.

Its a series now, but the Warriors chances against this team have always depended upon them shooting well to make up for their lack of toughness and rebounding. We saw the results last night when they don't.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley makes quite a diference but the Warriors did not come prepared to play. They are embarrassed now and I think will come out smoking on Saturday. Unfortunately, the Grizzlies will be fired up at home.

Its a series now, but the Warriors chances against this team have always depended upon them shooting well to make up for their lack of toughness and rebounding. We saw the results last night when they don't.

Last night's game had nothing to do with toughness or rebounding. The Warriors outrebounded the Grizzlies 45-39. The Warriors held the Grizzlies to 97 points on 44.5% shooting and 33% from 3. The difference in the game was turnovers and subpar shooting. If the Warriors have 5 less turnovers, that's 5 less possessions the Grizzlies have to score and 5 more the Warriors have to score.

The Warriors played, by all accounts a pretty solid defensive game. When they hold opponents under 100% the winning percentage of the Warriors is great. They played an extremely sloppy offensive game. Give credit to the Grizzlies though for forcing them to play that way.

Edit: Warriors were 40-0 in the regular season when holding opponents under 100 points.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can look no further than the number of assists that the Warriors had in last night's game.....16. They AVERAGED 27 for the year. The Dubs just did not play Warrior ball and either make the right pass or hit the open jumper. Sure, the TOs certainly didn't help, but if this team doesn't share the ball and hit open shots, they aren't the same team that won 27 regular season games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game had nothing to do with toughness or rebounding. The Warriors outrebounded the Grizzlies 45-39. The Warriors held the Grizzlies to 97 points on 44.5% shooting and 33% from 3. The difference in the game was turnovers and subpar shooting. If the Warriors have 5 less turnovers, that's 5 less possessions the Grizzlies have to score and 5 more the Warriors have to score.

The Warriors played, by all accounts a pretty solid defensive game. When they hold opponents under 100% the winning percentage of the Warriors is great. They played an extremely sloppy offensive game. Give credit to the Grizzlies though for forcing them to play that way.

Edit: Warriors were 40-0 in the regular season when holding opponents under 100 points.

Exactly what I said. The Dubs need to shoot well to overcome their lack of strength inside and lack of toughness in order to beat the Grizzlies. They don't get second and third shots like the Grizzlies do.

They play a very soft game outside of Bogut and Green and Green is so far undersized that it makes it really tough on him. I should have mentioned that they need to prevent the turnovers as well. You are right about that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can look no further than the number of assists that the Warriors had in last night's game.....16. They AVERAGED 27 for the year. The Dubs just did not play Warrior ball and either make the right pass or hit the open jumper. Sure, the TOs certainly didn't help, but if this team doesn't share the ball and hit open shots, they aren't the same team that won 27 regular season games.

I noticed that too. Seemed to be a lot of one on one while the rest of the team stood around. Livingston and Thompson really stood out in that regard. They just seemd really lethargic and lazy last night.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we laid a dud last night. We'd better bring our A game on Saturday.

When we pulled back to 38-35, then 2 missed shots from us. a 2on1 from Livingston and Curry, then immediately a missed dunk from Thompson. We could have got our first lead, woke up and play Warriors ball if we didn't missed those easy 4 points.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love Curry, he sometimes poses a problem on fast breaks. He's not the typical finisher who just plays the 2 on 1 advantage for a layup. He oftentimes runs to the 3-pt line, where he oftentimes drills a 3-pointer. He did that in this game and missed one. Going to the goal would have brought about a 2 pt layup.

The Warriors stayed in the game really throughout the entire game. They just could not get a run like they normally do in EVERY game.

Well, the much heralded Cavs lost a game to the Bulls, so I guess the lowly Warriors can lose one too and come back to win their series. It's really odd to lose while not playing well...especially when your season record plus the first 5 games of the playoffs have gone 72-15. I almost didn't recognize our team the other night.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love Curry, he sometimes poses a problem on fast breaks. He's not the typical finisher who just plays the 2 on 1 advantage for a layup. He oftentimes runs to the 3-pt line, where he oftentimes drills a 3-pointer. He did that in this game and missed one. Going to the goal would have brought about a 2 pt layup.

The Warriors stayed in the game really throughout the entire game. They just could not get a run like they normally do in EVERY game.

Well, the much heralded Cavs lost a game to the Bulls, so I guess the lowly Warriors can lose one too and come back to win their series. It's really odd to lose while not playing well...especially when your season record plus the first 5 games of the playoffs have gone 72-15. I almost didn't recognize our team the other night.

It was definitely a strange feeling. I found myself utterly frustrated that the Warriors lost. It took me about 30 minutes after the game to calm down and remember that teams DO lose from time to time. Teams will struggle, and sometimes are just out-played by their opponent.

This season of excellence has somewhat spoiled me. I never got upset when the Warriors lost during the multiple 20 win seasons they had.

I have to remind myself that these are the best 8 teams (arguably) in the NBA left at this point. The Warriors never losing a home game or even losing a game at all is not a realistic expectation. The playoffs are a journey, not something to be taken lightly. Every game should be a battle and every win will be earned.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember that play where the Warriors had a 2 on 1 break, but Curry decided to take a three, which he missed. I remember being frustrated about that, but he's so good when it's a wide open three pointer that it's actually a good basketball play for him to take that shot.

Hopefully, the Warriors don't play so horribly in the next game. However, we do gotta give credit to the Grizzlies defense. They played the passing lanes really well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grizzlies played one of their better games in a while. I think they had a lot to do with how the Warriors played on offense. I think the Dubs will figure things out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's our first game in Memphis and the first game since our apathetic performance in Oakland.

What does everyone think about today's game? Do the Dubs roar back to regain home court advantage, or do the Grizzlies maintain the momentum with another win? I have to say, I'm a bit nervous. I wasn't nervous at all about this series before it began, but the last game has me a little skeptical.

I'm gonna say that the Warriors come back with a tough win on the road today 105-94.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first absolute "must" game of the season for the Warriors. I'm interested to see, do they rise to the challenge or do they gag from the pressure. My suspicion is it will be the latter because when a team is tight the first thing to go is the shooting stroke and shooting is imperative if the Dubs are to have a chance tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it as a must win. If they lose, the games are 2-1 in favor of Memphis. Then, the Dubs just win game 4 to tie it up 2-2, same as when the series started at 0-0.

If Memphis was the team who'd won 67 games this season, I'd say that this would be a "must-win" game.

I gotta tell ya, this is one "happnen" website. Something tells me that there's another Warrior website out there.