• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walmart's Ice Cream Sandwiches don't melt

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy/pasting this straight out of the article...

Why don't ice cream sandwiches melt anymore? - Story

Christie Watson's kids love eating ice cream. But one recent morning, she saw an uneaten ice cream sandwich sitting on her patio table. When she looked closer, she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"I noticed that my son had left his ice cream sandwich outside," she said, "and I was wondering 'why is there still ice cream in there?'" The Walmart Great Value sandwich had barely melted 12 hours later....even though it was an 80 degree morning.

"I thought that's quite weird," she said. "So I looked at the box, and it doesn't say artificial ice cream. It says ice cream." Watson says she grabbed a second sandwich and left that out overnight, and ended up with the same result.

"Monday I came out and looked at it," she said, "and there was still ice cream there. So I thought to myself: what am I feeding to my children?"

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy/pasting this straight out of the article...

Why don't ice cream sandwiches melt anymore? - Story

Christie Watson's kids love eating ice cream. But one recent morning, she saw an uneaten ice cream sandwich sitting on her patio table. When she looked closer, she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"I noticed that my son had left his ice cream sandwich outside," she said, "and I was wondering 'why is there still ice cream in there?'" The Walmart Great Value sandwich had barely melted 12 hours later....even though it was an 80 degree morning.

"I thought that's quite weird," she said. "So I looked at the box, and it doesn't say artificial ice cream. It says ice cream." Watson says she grabbed a second sandwich and left that out overnight, and ended up with the same result.

"Monday I came out and looked at it," she said, "and there was still ice cream there. So I thought to myself: what am I feeding to my children?"

bottom line..ice cream that doesn't melt can't be a good thing. :wtf2:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want your ice cream sammich to melt, quit buying the cheap brands that contain all sorts of ingredients that make them more affordable to buy. The more expensive brands contain more creme which makes them faster to melt.

By the way, I had a Frys/Kroger brand ice cream sammich on Saturday. I barely had time to get the paper off it before it started dripping in the AZ sun.

Sasquatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
spacer.gif

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I KNEW IT!

A credible link has just been established between Sasquatch and non-melting walmart brand ice cream sammiches!