• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT @ THE Ohio State University, The Horseshoe, 8PM ESPN

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just pulling ourselves together as well. Look at this guy... He drank too much, threw up all over himself last night and now he can barely keep his eyes open for the Skins game.

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 177

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here was my little guy last night before the game, but his bedtime was at kickoff, so it was just me watching the game. The wife also went to sleep before the game and actually before 7 pm (being preggers is exhausting...at least that's what I get told when I have to do everything around the house :( ).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 166
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here was my little guy last night before the game, but his bedtime was at kickoff, so it was just me watching the game. The wife also went to sleep before the game and actually before 7 pm (being preggers is exhausting...at least that's what I get told when I have to do everything around the house :( ).

Awesome to see kids being raised right haha. On another note great choice with the torpedos.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokies ranked #17. It's good to be back....

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome to see kids being raised right haha. On another note great choice with the torpedos.

Definitely a good one to pick up when on sale ($13.99/12 pack today) and one that pairs nicely with wings. Haven't had them in a while and glad I pulled the trigger picking them up after church this morning. Can't wait for Celebration to come out.

As far as the kid(s), they'll both grow up in a Hokie household. And if the boy continues his growth, he may be a future recruit. Certainly seems to have his old man's width and 'solidness'.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just pulling ourselves together as well. Look at this guy... He drank too much, threw up all over himself last night and now he can barely keep his eyes open for the Skins game.

SMH, Lightweights.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't sleep much last night as expected. Was just too amped up. I probably tossed and turned for 2 hours or so. I'm still kind of in a state of ecstasy but I've finally been able to string together some rational thoughts and observations about the game:

-Amazing execution by Foster's guys. He was able to execute his gameplan to perfection. Every guy did their part. And even though guys like Chuck Clark got burned a few times early, they still kept a level head and stuck with it. Not enough words to describe how well that went. I was also impressed by how many guys rotated in and we didn't miss a beat. That's definitely a good sign for any depth concerns.

-Todd Blackledge said it best, "Michael Brewer has moxie". I thought he showed good poise and command of the offense last week and he definitely continued that this week. His INTs weren't bad decisions, just poor throws, which he can work on. More impressively, he didn't dwell on them at all. It's still 2 games but he looks to be a very good quarterback. He is seeing the entire field. For all his pros, that's just something we never had with Logan Thomas and it's opening up the offense a lot more.

-Speaking of opening up the offense, you have to like the direction its heading in through 2 games. Everything Loeffler has done this year makes sense. You can see how certain plays open up situations for later in the game or how each route opens up the field for some other player to get the ball. And if something isn't working, he has an adjustment. Like last night how we didn't get any run inside so instead of abandoning the run, he got more creative with outside runs, sweeps, and QB options. I could see some of the promise last year but he had to keep things tight to make up for roster deficiencies and to accentuate LT's strengths. Now everything is looking more fluid and functional. This is a long way from Stinespring's offense and we're just getting started.

-It was a bit troubling that the O-line got manhandled on running plays. But I think (also hoping) that just has more to do with OSU having elite talent across the board. We all know our offensive line is the weakspot of the team and why it got that way. But even though the changes have been made, the guys aren't going to be able to push around competition like OSU overnight. They did do very well in pass protect for a 2nd straight week so its not like they're awful. I think we'll be able to run the ball against the scheduled opponents we have left. And if we face another team with elite talent (like FSU hopefully), we now know we can compensate enough of our weaknesses to win the game.

-Sam Rogers is a motherfucking beast. Nuff said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I hear/read moxie I think of Varsity Blues. Either way great win by the guys, and I get plenty of beer headed my way from bets on this game. I still haven't come down from this win. Still can't sleep I'm so happy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last two cents after watching the replay. Loeffler as wild turkey mentioned, seems to have a better plan with these young guys being able to make plays. He can run plays that we haven't seen in awhile because of the talent, and it showed last night. Amazing to see Malleck come up huge on so many 3rd downs, and for Brewer to stay poised even after bad plays. Bud called a hell of a game and the defense delivered. Can't say enough about how all the guys played last night.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have encountered permanent sleeping problems after this game. Still fucking amped up...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have encountered permanent sleeping problems after this game. Still fucking amped up...

Just watch the Russell Athletic Bowl from a couple years back. You will sleep like a baby in no time.

Btw, "sleep like a baby" is a stupid term. Babies are notoriously fussy intermittent sleepers, no?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess i gotta share mine too, lol. He too was asleep well before kickoff

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 179

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch the Russell Athletic Bowl from a couple years back. You will sleep like a baby in no time.

Btw, "sleep like a baby" is a stupid term. Babies are notoriously fussy intermittent sleepers, no?

Mine slept through the night last night! First time in almost 12 weeks that i have gotten uninterrupted sleep!
:yahoo:

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No joke on that bowl game...

And on that prase - agreed - my second child now 15 mos old is FINALLY starting to sleep (like a baby). Whoever coined that term should get a punch to the jimmy....

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I slept for about 11 hours last night.

An hour more than the combined sleep I had in Columbus

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deon Clarke was named Walter Camp National Player of the Week while Dadi Nicolas was named 247sports National Player of the Week. Congrats boys!!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What a game! We hit on just about all cylinders. Haven't played like that in a long time.

The improvements made over the week were great. I'm not sure if we were holding back against W&M but the offense looked completely together (minus that string of plays when we were backed up and confused along the line). Receivers seemed to always be in the right place, and the backs looked to be picking up their assignments. Defense focused on tackling. DBs were fearless.

Playcalling on both ends was perfect. I was so worried when OSU had the momentum after they tied it up. I was not expecting us to come out and ram it down their throats after not being able to run consistently. To adjust and punch them in the nose like that was incredible. Not only did those few play calls lift the offense, but reinvigorated the defense to go for the kill. Of course, Bud Foster called another insane game too. They couldn't run, throwing was a gamble, and we adjusted beautifully to the QB tucking it. The final few series were explosive.

I'd like to see us continue to work on the power running game. Being able to line up and pound the ball will be critical at some point this year. I appreciate that the staff isn't giving up on it, and is finding ways to get the ball in playmakers hands.

Overall, this was a great night. Tech represented itself and our conference well, and have a significant victory early in the year. Hopefully the sign of a new era.