• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT player pussies out of this season

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in being a top 32 and top 64 is staggering. He sits out, and he won't be a top 32. This is a life altering money decision. You are in college, not living at home. You avoid relatives at risk. But, if we play, the next 9 months can make or lose him millions. If he is sitting for fear of injury that won't help his case. He doesn't have the stats that scream first round.

It's balance, but you have risked a lot to get this far, might as well finish the drill.

He'll be ok. I guarantee you he understands the risks vs rewards here and has accepted the risks in favor of the perceived benefits. Dude will be fine financially.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Washington Huskies football players have quit on their team this year.

Try this many ..

giphy.gif

That's because they are all busy rioting.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be ok. I guarantee you he understands the risks vs rewards here and has accepted the risks in favor of the perceived benefits. Dude will be fine financially.
If you are talking about fine financially from playing football, I don't think you understand draft finances. If he has money outside of football, that's ok. But every year there are players projected to be in the top 32/64, and probably close to half don't end up there. And, if you aren't in the 1st round, 1st half of the second round, you aren't even guaranteed money, let alone life altering money. Maybe this is the right move, he is a 1st rounder, and has fuck you money for the rest of his life. But there is nothing you know that makes that true today. You can't know he'll be ok, and you can't guarantee anything. And no one can no the outcome because no one has ever done this.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about fine financially from playing football, I don't think you understand draft finances. If he has money outside of football, that's ok. But every year there are players projected to be in the top 32/64, and probably close to half don't end up there. And, if you aren't in the 1st round, 1st half of the second round, you aren't even guaranteed money, let alone life altering money. Maybe this is the right move, he is a 1st rounder, and has fuck you money for the rest of his life. But there is nothing you know that makes that true today. You can't know he'll be ok, and you can't guarantee anything. And no one can no the outcome because no one has ever done this.

I understand just fine. Kid was one of the highest grading corners in all of football last year, is 6'2+, 200+ lbs, and is one of the fastest players in the power 5. He'll do great in interviews and at the combine. Because of all of this he will be a millionaire in less than a year and will be barely old enough to drink. He will be fine.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand just fine. Kid was one of the highest grading corners in all of football last year, is 6'2+, 200+ lbs, and is one of the fastest players in the power 5. He'll do great in interviews and at the combine. Because of all of this he will be a millionaire in less than a year and will be barely old enough to drink. He will be fine.
You certainly could be right. But the certainty with which you state this is not in any way justified if you've followed the NFL draft in the past. We shall see come draft time. There's a good chance this won't matter because no one plays, but let's hope not.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You certainly could be right. But the certainty with which you state this is not in any way justified if you've followed the NFL draft in the past. We shall see come draft time. There's a good chance this won't matter because no one plays, but let's hope not.

I've followed the draft to some extent every year since I was a kid. Elite athletes with game film of them being extremely successful at their position are picked early. I wish he had one more year of game film to solidify a top 10 - 20 pick but these are strange times and that's his call. It sounds like he believes the risk of him hurting himself or a family member is higher than the risk of it affecting him severely financially.... And I'm ok with that.