• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree with VTFF. his twitter is always in caps which bugs me. he does have good information but i dont like the delivery much.

TKP decided to go all caps for football season, and took it off after the NCG. Content trumps the caps, and I find it much less irritating than bad spelling and grammar. Are we really going to repost recruit Ebonics, yet call caps lock irritating?

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he just wasn't planning on enrolling there until the fall because he just committed?

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKP decided to go all caps for football season, and took it off after the NCG. Content trumps the caps, and I find it much less irritating than bad spelling and grammar. Are we really going to repost recruit Ebonics, yet call caps lock irritating?

sorry but both bug me. and not only that, information is (or was) mixed with constant rambling (on twitter at least) about how wasted he is and such. dont get me wrong, there is some decent info there which is why i follow him, but still...

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i enjoy tkp...before i found this place....that was my only place to go that was somewhat sane...and informative. pretty good group of people over there.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Usually not a fan of TKP (Kinda cheesy IMO) but this is good work.

Recruits Scheduled to visit this Weekend | The Key Play

It's good work because it was taken directly from Rivals list by Brian. I know alot of us here aren't fans of hokiehaven, but Brian spent the last month trying to get those names down. Maybe TKP got the list from others, but I've noticed the site likes to use information that I've only seen on hokiehaven.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good work because it was taken directly from Rivals list by Brian. I know alot of us here aren't fans of hokiehaven, but Brian spent the last month trying to get those names down. Maybe TKP got the list from others, but I've noticed the site likes to use information that I've only seen on hokiehaven.

In that case maybe hes not so bad.

I like VolNations set up. They post stuff from paystuff as soon as an article comes out and pretty much just give a middle finger to the paysites (Rivals, Scout, 247 etc). I like that about the Vols.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
exactly .. TKP is the shizz and funny as hell .. i don't look at TKP's twitter feed .. twitter is mostly a waste of my time .. but directsnap.com is kinda cool too << if there was a way to filter out repeat posts/retweets .. would be even better

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What position is Jerome Wright slated for? I know he wasnt a heavily recruited guy but from what little bit of film i have seen, he looks to have a great combo of speed and size.

FWIW i'd like to stick him @ mike and see what he could do. He has about the same measurables as Bruce Taylor did coming in.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What position is Jerome Wright slated for? I know he wasnt a heavily recruited guy but from what little bit of film i have seen, he looks to have a great combo of speed and size.

FWIW i'd like to stick him @ mike and see what he could do. He has about the same measurables as Bruce Taylor did coming in.

people before said running back. hed be a huge running back after hitting a college weight room. hed be like brandon jacobs.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In that case maybe hes not so bad.

I like VolNations set up. They post stuff from paystuff as soon as an article comes out and pretty much just give a middle finger to the paysites (Rivals, Scout, 247 etc). I like that about the Vols.

It's not so much the fact they are sticking it the paysites, but instead taking credit for other people's work. I could careless if you guys had the same information that I pay for from rivals and would love give you guys here that same information because it doesn't really bother me. The only issue I have is that Brian puts in alot of work to get that information and it's a slap to him to see his work put out there without any credit.

I don't know who runs TKP and I have no sources so those guys may be getting their information legit, but their visitor list is identical to rivals, as well as those who are tentatively visiting. Both sites could be getting the same information from the same sources, it would not surprise me since they're both Hokie sites. But he was pretty adamant that someone did post the visitor list to a competing site. Maybe it wasn't TKP, I haven't looked around.

I don't know Brian nor have any interaction with the guy, but he's been pretty fair with his rules and seems to do a good job getting information out to members. Maybe it's not fair to have to pay for material, but I have no problem with all Brian asks is if people take information from rivals and posts it around to at least provide a source. So while many here don't like paysites, I have had my subscription to rivals for a year, and while this site is the best free site, I do not regret paying for the subscription.

Sorry for the rant, just had to throw it out there.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... You say "huge running back" and all I hear is "red zone offense".

Wierd.

could be nice. what im getting at though is that he is 6'2 225 in high school, i could only imagine him getting up to around 250 in college. thats huge for a running back. sounds a lot more like a linebacker or defensive end, but we will see.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd like to see Wright pack on more weight and be a fullback, maybe try a triple option every once in a while?

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I enjoy TKP, the humor especially. I actually think his twitter feed can be pretty damn funny at times, especially if you've had a few beers yourself. He does the all-caps during football season, & while it's usually annoying to read all-caps it makes the delivery that much better in some instances when he is tweeting at people who are unaware that he always does it.

That being said, BIG props to everyone on this board, great information and great dialogue that doesn't end in one or both of the parties being butt-hurt if people disagree.

So it looks like Lockhart knew he wouldn't qualify right away at VT and was led to believe by Miami that they would be able to get him in? We always knew it had alot to do with his mother and I remember his girlfriend tweeting that she disagreed with his decision to switch to UM.

Last edited by a moderator: