• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince and T-Mac on off the record

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
bunch of balderons, hopefully on part 2 lansbung asks some real questions to these career losers

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tmac regrets leaving when he did

Marco Doubypops

Road Commentary Specalist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And the next time that Quincy Douby drops 50 in the Chinese All-Star game, Pops Mensah-Bonsu wins Turkish League MVP, and Marco Belinelli leads the Hornets to an NBA championship, we're going to hate that we let those guys leave, too.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
fucking christ, did anyone watch part 2? somebody should tell vince to stop acting so cocky because he hasn't been relevant in the league 2-3 years. I'm glad the way things turned out, both of these guys deserve to be going out as scrubs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fucking christ, did anyone watch part 2? somebody should tell vince to stop acting so cocky because he hasn't been relevant in the league 2-3 years. I'm glad the way things turned out, both of these guys deserve to be going out as scrubs

I'm torn. As a loyal Raps fan, of course I agree with what Holey said here. BUT man...had T-crap stayed in his prime (I know there was literally zero chance of that happening), we would've had a superstar team. Not a good team, not a great team, but a superstar team with two guys that could dominate teams singlehandedly and solid role players around them.

Just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm torn. As a loyal Raps fan, of course I agree with what Holey said here. BUT man...had T-crap stayed in his prime (I know there was literally zero chance of that happening), we would've had a superstar team. Not a good team, not a great team, but a superstar team with two guys that could dominate teams singlehandedly and solid role players around them.

Just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

the east was weak too, they blew there chance even with just vince there. but with certainty i can say that lazy vince and soft tmac had they teamed up were never going to beat shaq and snake rapist in the finals so really all the franchise missed out on is being the philly team or new jersey teams nobody remembers specially with the shortlived primes of both these players

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the east was weak too, they blew there chance even with just vince there. but with certainty i can say that lazy vince and soft tmac had they teamed up were never going to beat shaq and snake rapist in the finals so really all the franchise missed out on is being the philly team or new jersey teams nobody remembers specially with the shortlived primes of both these players

You're probably right. The team with Vince should've and could've made the finals. However, had we had both Vince and T-Mac when they were at the top of their game, there's no way that JKidd, Kenyon Martin and RJ could've beaten us right? And yeah, we probably didn't have a chance against the Lake show, but at least we could say that we went to the finals as opposed to now when our most glorious moment as a franchise was a failed last second shot by Wince.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're probably right. The team with Vince should've and could've made the finals. However, had we had both Vince and T-Mac when they were at the top of their game, there's no way that JKidd, Kenyon Martin and RJ could've beaten us right? And yeah, we probably didn't have a chance against the Lake show, but at least we could say that we went to the finals as opposed to now when our most glorious moment as a franchise was a failed last second shot by Wince.

i don't know, i kind of like the low expectations. Think of the bonners we'll have when the franchise just makes the playoffs again. Plus now we can look back and reflect on how mcgrady never made it out the first and how vince is hated by the only team that would retire his jersey

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow basketball talk
Refreshing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't know, i kind of like the low expectations. Think of the bonners we'll have when the franchise just makes the playoffs again. Plus now we can look back and reflect on how mcgrady never made it out the first and how vince is hated by the only team that would retire his jersey

Which just goes to show how much of a waste both careers ended up to be. Vince may have put up solid numbers in NJ, but he was never the spectacle force he was in Tdot. And the best Vince has ever gotten was riding the coattails of a stacked Magic team to reach the finals when he was far past his prime. I can't fault McGrady for his decision to go to Orlando though. His numbers were through the roof when he played there, but again, he never made it out of the first so you can't really say he had a successful career either.

Here's a funny story: I took a trip down memory lane today because of this thread and I read the New Jersey nets wikipedia page on the Vince and JKidd era, and this is what is says after the end of the 2004-2005 season...

"During the offseason of 2005, the Nets actively pursued a starting-quality power forward through free agency. They had drafted Antoine Wright, a 6' 7" swingman because all the talented power forwards were taken in the draft, and still needed to fill the void left by Kenyon Martin."

HAHAHAHAHA, Antoine Wright...nobody's first choice.