• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vicorino

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What the hell got into him this season? Consistent and productive all year. Still ends up nursing a bunch of injuries. But, he just hit his sixth home run in his last 12 games.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell got into him this season? Consistent and productive all year. Still ends up nursing a bunch of injuries. But, he just hit his sixth home run in his last 12 games.

I hated the trading of both Pence, now 30, and Victorino, 32, when the team was in a slump. Pence leads the Giants in most offensive categories and Victorino has hit .300 most of this year. Who knows how things would have turned out in the long run. We would have missed Delmon, but at least Revere worked out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Cagliula, the guy we should have kept in Victorino we traded. It is just more of the same bullshit that is found with great regularity with that idiot in the GM's office!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/3 of the OF gone for change of scenery. Pence, especially, was solid. Anyway, things have a way of working out. Lindblum didn't work out but Ethan Martin might. We never saw enough of Shierholtz and Tommy Joseph is mostly injured for now.

At least they were fortunate to trade Worley for Revere. Now with Ruf adequate in the outfield, I guess the whole thing has worked out along with getting the team younger. Poppins could use a change of scenery.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not so sure that either pence or victorino would've put up similar numbers this year in philly. I think they both needed a change of scenery. Psychology matters a lot in baseball.

Agreed. Also, I want no part of Pence. Who ever signs him this off season will get a player that will fall off a cliff in terms of production in just a couple of seasons.

He is just a mess at the plate and in the field. I have no idea how he has been as productive as he has been at the plate this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jvett and WestCoast. Perhaps with Sandberg and these young players, things just may work-out to where we are a pretty good team next year. I sure as hell hope so becuse watching that krap that brain-dead assembled and ended up on the field this summer was exceptionally lame!!

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/3 of the OF gone for change of scenery. Pence, especially, was solid. Anyway, things have a way of working out. Lindblum didn't work out but Ethan Martin might. We never saw enough of Shierholtz and Tommy Joseph is mostly injured for now.

At least they were fortunate to trade Worley for Revere. Now with Ruf adequate in the outfield, I guess the whole thing has worked out along with getting the team younger. Poppins could use a change of scenery.

For this team to be successful they need to cut a lot further. I'd love to see Howard, utley, rollins, ruiz, papelbon...all or any combination of moved for prospects.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you said, Retro, the Phils may have a pretty good team next year with Sandberg and the young players. I do think the Phillies have what they need to replace and/or platoon any of Howard, Utley, Rollins, or Ruiz should either of those players fail miserably or go down. That is, guys like Hernandez, Rupp, Franco, (and possibly Galvis if it turns out that last nite's 4 for 5 was no fluke).

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, let the new season begin! 7 months is too long to wait but maybe the Eagles will get us through it.