• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Various thoughts on Fandom and the Flyers

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to check on the Bruins board to see if they was anything about Chara...there hasn't been an update since MARCH. SERIOUSLY??

On moves since the start of camp: The kid in me is ticked. I wanted all the youngsters to stay on the blue line. I think that is closer than we might think but not imminent. The realist in me looked at the 8 one way contracts the Flyers are carrying on defense and understood the math. I think the kid in me is more fun.

Sam Gagner may turn out to be the steal past offseason. Yes, it's pre season. Yes, he has to play a complete season. Yes, yes yes.....but, he can calmly QB a 2nd PP unit (as others have pointed out) effectively like no one else has been able to do. He has the kind of quiet complimentary offensive skills that players like Vinny need at this stage of their career...and he can really skoot.

I saw someone talking about Hakstol's system in a broader sense on another page...he referred to it as "Swarm and reform" I liked that....I liked that alot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to check on the Bruins board to see if they was anything about Chara...there hasn't been an update since MARCH. SERIOUSLY??

On moves since the start of camp: The kid in me is ticked. I wanted all the youngsters to stay on the blue line. I think that is closer than we might think but not imminent. The realist in me looked at the 8 one way contracts the Flyers are carrying on defense and understood the math. I think the kid in me is more fun.

Sam Gagner may turn out to be the steal past offseason. Yes, it's pre season. Yes, he has to play a complete season. Yes, yes yes.....but, he can calmly QB a 2nd PP unit (as others have pointed out) effectively like no one else has been able to do. He has the kind of quiet complimentary offensive skills that players like Vinny need at this stage of their career...and he can really skoot.

I saw someone talking about Hakstol's system in a broader sense on another page...he referred to it as "Swarm and reform" I liked that....I liked that alot.
I agree 100% with every word of this post Very well said :thumb::clap:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) I think most of the people reside in the NHL section, so I think that explains it

2) As we've said all along, I think patience is the most important thing - this team probably isn't winning the cup this season regardless so I think letting it play out is best for everyone

3) I like Sam Gagner and I hope he does well - he's finally going to be on a team that has legitimate talent and that might help him raise his game - he's been on too many bad teams in his career

4) I like that punchline - "Swarm and Reform"

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be pleasantly surprised this year it wouldn't shock me if this team makes the playoffs. If the D can rebound you never know as the goaltending will be pretty good. We'll see....they just need to play better team D and who knows.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate saying this, but as far as the kids go, I don't think they are ready. Ghost and Hagg will come up at some point this year. I expect Morin to also come up for a few and stay if he does well. Provonov and Sanheim need more seasoning. Too bad they are stuck with Jrs.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be pleasantly surprised this year it wouldn't shock me if this team makes the playoffs. If the D can rebound you never know as the goaltending will be pretty good. We'll see....they just need to play better team D and who knows.

I agree to an extent, but that defense is still cringe-worthy even with the additions and the forwards are really going to have to play better defense as well, because we know they weren't perfect in that category either

Road power play is important - they were great at home but on the road they were awful - and there were some close games they lost on the road because of that - special teams wins and loses you most games and the PK is part of that but the power play, with the guns they have on the first unit, should be much better even on the road