• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

vancouver/sharks

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Getting to watch burns is nice. Sharks outlet this year is going to be phenominal. I think winchester has locked up a roster spot as has murray.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns' outlet pass is nice but his defense in his own zone is fucking horrendous, to put it mildly.

Like I said in the other thread, I like Wingels, A. Murray and Winchester (despite the stupid penalty). Braun has been solid too, I thought.

Most of teh veterans are just mostly fucking around skating slowly pretending to rush back to cover on defense...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wingels strikes again! 3-2 Sharks.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Winchester can tone down the dumb penalties, he's going to be a heck of a player for the Sharks (in the little I've seen of the game). I like how he goes to the net and takes hacks at the puck.

Ferry-O has had some jump in him as well.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and as much as it pains me to admit, McGinn hasn't been too bad either.

What's next this season? Mitchell is going to no longer be a complete waste?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, no kidding about Winchester and dumb penalties... there's another one.

Is he trying to fill teh void that Heatler left in that regard/role? :p

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was definately a preseason game.

Liked what I saw out of Burns. He made the one bad read (First Penalty) where he moved out of position to make a hit and got be inside and one bad attempt to move the puck up the middle, other than that he had a solid game.

McGinn seems to have found some hockey sense this offseason.

Really liked Andrew Murray and Desjardins on that 4th line. Winchester not so much.

If Havlat isn't ready for the start of the season I hope the go with Wingels in that spot instead of Ferriero.

And Lapierre is a piece of shit.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was definately a preseason game.

Liked what I saw out of Burns. He made the one bad read (First Penalty) where he moved out of position to make a hit and got be inside and one bad attempt to move the puck up the middle, other than that he had a solid game.

McGinn seems to have found some hockey sense this offseason.

Really liked Andrew Murray and Desjardins on that 4th line. Winchester not so much.

If Havlat isn't ready for the start of the season I hope the go with Wingels in that spot instead of Ferriero.

And Lapierre is a piece of shit.

Did Winchester have a rough first couple periods? I only caught the very end of the 2nd and the 3rd, but he looked pretty decent in the 3rd. At least I liked what I saw. Showed some toughness and drove the net.

Also, yes Lapdog is a pos. When they had him, Torres and Burrows, it was almost too much to take.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did Winchester have a rough first couple periods? I only caught the very end of the 2nd and the 3rd, but he looked pretty decent in the 3rd. At least I liked what I saw. Showed some toughness and drove the net.

Also, yes Lapdog is a pos. When they had him, Torres and Burrows, it was almost too much to take.

I just haven't seen anything out of Winchester that couldn't be filled by a player like Mashinter. Mashinter is also better defensively and won't take nearly as many dumb penalties.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just haven't seen anything out of Winchester that couldn't be filled by a player like Mashinter. Mashinter is also better defensively and won't take nearly as many dumb penalties.

Gotcha, well I liked what I saw, but that's probably because I'm not used to Sharks players driving the net and taking some whacks in the Thornton era (besides his cousin).....so I might be biased, lol. But I'd trust your eyes over mine most of the time, lol.....except when it comes to Niemi and Niitty last year ;)

We'll see, I'm not against anybody who is tough to play against, so Mashinter will be nice as well. I'm assuming that even if it is Winchester who makes the team that he won't be expensive.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didnt really like Mashinter, i think Desjardins is on the cusp but not quite ready for full time.

Sure Winchester takes dumb penalties but he is good down low on the boards and crashes the net hard. Ill take that trade off.

Wingels looks like he is ready to make the jump too, im just thinking that Winchester Murray and Wingels are taking the bottom 3 spots

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didnt really like Mashinter, i think Desjardins is on the cusp but not quite ready for full time.

Sure Winchester takes dumb penalties but he is good down low on the boards and crashes the net hard. Ill take that trade off.

Wingels looks like he is ready to make the jump too, im just thinking that Winchester Murray and Wingels are taking the bottom 3 spots

Wingels will be on a scoring line or back in the A. Assuming the 3rd line is set with McGinn - Handzus - Mitchell I don't see Wingels fitting a 4th line role. I didn't think much of Winchesters board play tonight. He was slow getting there and lost most of the battles. He does crash the net really well, though.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wingels will be on a scoring line or back in the A. Assuming the 3rd line is set with McGinn - Handzus - Mitchell I don't see Wingels fitting a 4th line role. I didn't think much of Winchesters board play tonight. He was slow getting there and lost most of the battles. He does crash the net really well, though.

Ooh, two against one, in yo face Cmon, we win! But apparently, the "crew" NEVER disagrees! Apparently the only way to disagree is for me to curse at you and call you names.....so go f yourself and you're dead wrong you jerk!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was like a bigfoot sighting i heard hids name being called but never saw him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol.....exactly....i kept hearing Dimitrakos but couldn't spot him for the life of me. I had to think about his name for a minute before I remembered him with the Sharks.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh c'mon.. Dimitrakos had that nice wild tomahawk chop swing above his head at the puck in his zone that resulted in a delay of game penalty... and a couple of nice scoring chances. :p

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, no kidding about Winchester and dumb penalties... there's another one.

Is he trying to fill teh void that Heatler left in that regard/role? :p

Haven't seen him yet, Rares. Is he 'Eager' stupid? :crazy:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. nah, not THAT bad but took a few undisciplined ones out there last night. Just looked like he was trying a little TOO hard to impress or something.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Line up for tonights game 9/29

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski
McGinn - Couture - Clowe
Mitchell - Handzus - Wingels
Winchester - Desjardins - Murray

Vlasic - Burns
Murray - Boyle