• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: UW @ AZ

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously arizona is very good, but like everyone else i question them as being the best team in the country. What do you Zona fans think?

I think you can question any team being #1 right now. No team has been completely dominant.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously arizona is very good, but like everyone else i question them as being the best team in the country. What do you Zona fans think?

"just like everyone else"? Last time I checked the vast majority of people think they are deserving.

Arizona is very deserving of the #1 raking right now, but it makes no difference who is #1 in November-April. Anybody who thinks they know who will win the National Title right now is just a fan.

There are 8-10 teams who have the talent to cut down the nets in March and Arizona is most definitely one of them.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need York to take and make some threes in the second half. Try to open up the paint a bit.

Forever

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,681.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"just like everyone else"? Last time I checked the vast majority of people think they are deserving.

Arizona is very deserving of the #1 raking right now, but it makes no difference who is #1 in November-April. Anybody who thinks they know who will win the National Title right now is just a fan.

There are 8-10 teams who have the talent to cut down the nets in March and Arizona is most definitely one of them.

Doesn't matter who the current #1 in the country is, a lot of people question it. Don't take it personal

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
". Romar will never get to the Elite Eight. If getting to a Sweet 16 is the best that UW wants because it's better than where they've been in more than a half century, then fine, stick with him. But if they want to take that next step, then they need a new coach." -CTP

How is that out of context? You just said he 'can't get to the Elite Eight' and I'm saying that if you had watched that game it was UConn that got really lucky to win in regulation.

You think Romar is a bad game coach, you hold resentments towards UW because of their loudmouth fans. I get it. Me, I'm just playing devils advocate. I mean without a very suspect 5 second call Sean Miller doesn't have an Elite Eight appearance at the UofA. Yes, a 1 point loss is still a loss, but luck plays a big part.

Regardless, game is 18-16 now. Hope that both teams continue at this pace. The Cats need to be challenged regularly in order to improve. 60-25 games do nothing for them.

I don't think that Romar is a bad game coach. You don't have a Pac 12 tourney title, a Pac crown and 3 Sweet 16s by being a bad game coach. I just think that he doesn't do near as well with his teams away from home as he should. It's every year. And in March, that kills. And not being able to win in March is what separates coaches and programs.

I have a ton of respect for Romar and UW. If I didn't I wouldn't recognize their potential, and his success. And because so, I know where he's put them, and I think that they can go further. But he needs to win away from Hec Ed, or they need to get a coach who can. They have the recruiting base, they've had the talent, they have the fans who are passionate. And they have shown the potential.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freaking Washington! They always have to come to compete when it's against Arizona.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who the current #1 in the country is, a lot of people question it. Don't take it personal

Take it personally? Hardly. A lot of fans question it and many of them have personal agendas. People who actually know what they are talking about, people who get paid to coach and cover the sport know that Arizona is deserving.

The point is... why does it matter if they are ranked #1, #2, #3 or whatever? Rankings serve no purpose other than for fans to talk trash and for TV networks to make money off of marquee matchups.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess "a lot" of people question it. But many more support it. I think that AZ is one of a handful of teams who can win it all. Unless there is a round robin where everyone plays everyone, the debate is always open. March is the only way to find out. Until then, it's anybody's guess.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freaking Washington! They always have to come to compete when it's against Arizona.

We're going to get everyone's best (except WSU, I hope that wasn't their best).

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse leading Miami 25-21 at half.

Forever

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,681.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 is back to being good again. Gonna get 5-6 teams in the dance again, every game is a battle. Gotta overcome some adversity...I wouldn't panic that UW has the lead at half. I bet they don't play like that for 40 minutes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a tight one..... This conference is all about match ups again.

Yep, Miller got outcoached by Romar in that first half. Romar playing 4 guards... scoring most of their points off of dribble-penetration and Miller did not feed the post in order to take advantage of their small lineup.

Arizona should have 30+ points in the paint.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 is back to being good again. Gonna get 5-6 teams in the dance again, every game is a battle. Gotta overcome some adversity...I wouldn't panic that UW has the lead at half. I bet they don't play like that for 40 minutes.

Yep, should be 5 at least. With Utah and usc's head coaches I wouldn't be surprised if it was 7, or 8 teams in a year or two.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of the Huskies big men have 3 fouls... Simmons has 2. If Arizona doesn't go inside 3/4s of the possessions this half I will be upset with Miller's gameplan.

They have to make Washington pay for playing such a small lineup.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Gordon, you just missed two wide open zero footers. What the hell man?