• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated title odds

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent was there obviously based on what Harbaugh did his first year. Let's not pretend Harbaugh walked into an empty cupboard. He is using better raw talent than Dantonio.
I have no doubt they had some talent. Jourdan Lewis and Peppers were great. They had a great group on the DL, but they didn't have depth and once the injuries piled up, teams ran all over us.
They were bare at QB, which is why he brought in Ruddock and O'Korn. The OL was highly rated coming out of high school but struggled, other than Mason Cole.
The players Dantonio is using were recruited and molded for his system. Many he has spent years with. So while raw talent is nice, learning a new system under a new coach and new coordinators. It was very surprising to see UM win 10 games. No one was predicting that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt they had some talent. Jourdan Lewis and Peppers were great. They had a great group on the DL, but they didn't have depth and once the injuries piled up, teams ran all over us.
They were bare at QB, which is why he brought in Ruddock and O'Korn. The OL was highly rated coming out of high school but struggled, other than Mason Cole.
The players Dantonio is using were recruited and molded for his system. Many he has spent years with. So while raw talent is nice, learning a new system under a new coach and new coordinators. It was very surprising to see UM win 10 games. No one was predicting that.
Everything that was said here by michigan fans last year was Harbaugh runs the same system as hoke so there wasn't going to be any step back and that was proven with keeping the Def Coordinator, now it's a completely different system that takes years to get comfortable with?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that was said here by michigan fans last year was Harbaugh runs the same system as hoke so there wasn't going to be any step back and that was proven with keeping the Def Coordinator, now it's a completely different system that takes years to get comfortable with?
DJ Durkin was hired as DC. Matteson went from DC, to DL coach. They went from a standard 4-3 to a hybrid 4-3.
Offensively, it is more of a collaboration with Fisch and Harbaugh. They ran much more multiple tight end sets and used the fullback much more. They had talent at TE and vastly under used talent at WR. It is still learning an entire new play book.
Any time you bring in a new coach, new quartwe back, new coordinators. It takes time.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the miracle worker part. Michigan had an excellent defense in 2014 and their best player was hurt early. They returned everyone in 2015 and they were elite. That was pretty much expected. Harbaugh only needed to get the offense to decent to do well. He returned 90 starts on the OL, so progress had to be expected. He did that and he did a solid job. I just dont understand the miracle part. It like people believe that a sophomore starter is the same player as a junior.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the miracle worker part. Michigan had an excellent defense in 2014 and their best player was hurt early. They returned everyone in 2015 and they were elite. That was pretty much expected. Harbaugh only needed to get the offense to decent to do well. He returned 90 starts on the OL, so progress had to be expected. He did that and he did a solid job. I just dont understand the miracle part. It like people believe that a sophomore starter is the same player as a junior.
Defensively. I wasn't surprised with the early success. The injuries on the DL hurt in the 2nd half of the season, but they still kept it together.
Offensively. We didn't have a QB, we had an OL that had starting experience but were not good. Jake Butt was the best returning weapon. We had some WR, but none who had done anything.

Prior to the season, most projections said if everything went perfect an 8 win season would be extremely successful. Most said 6 or 7 win . To get 10 and finish the season with a dominating win over the SEC east champ was very impressive.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm picking up on why fans aren't fond of Michigan fan, the more I read on here.

Maybe I'm the only Michigan fan who thinks Harbaugh was a miracle worker last year and the team greatly overachieved.

He took a team many said that 7-5 or 8-4 would be a very successful season and ended up with a 10-3 record. They came a fumbled snap on a punt from beating MSU, who IMO, was the way more talented team. The only team who really smacked UM around was OSU and that was the game where you could see the difference in the talent gap.

Michigan not only wasn't the best team in the B1G, they were third best in their own division. Michigan needs more recruiting classes from Harbaugh before they aren't at a disadvantage against top programs like OSU and MSU. This year's class was a good start.

Michigan's recruiting class this past year really wasn't any better than those under Hoke.

You would know this if you weren't a bandwagon fan.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's recruiting class this past year really wasn't any better than those under Hoke.

It's almost as if some of the UM fans didn't know they even played football before Harbaugh.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if some of the UM fans didn't know they even played football before Harbaugh.

Or that the claims they make have been said about both of their previous 2 head coaches, or that Brady Hoke actually had a better 1st year than Harbaugh.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Signing talent and developing talent is entirely different. Hoke either struggled tremendously developing talent or he was extremely unlucky and signed a lot of busts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that the claims they make have been said about both of their previous 2 head coaches, or that Brady Hoke actually had a better 1st year than Harbaugh.
I'm thinking Harbaugh is a slightly different caliber HC than DickRod or Hoke. Just a guess though

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The classes Hoke brought in, well, two of the classes were highly ranked. His list of top recruits signed that didn't live up to the ranking is long. Derrick Green was #1 ranked RB. He showed up to campus overweight and out of shape. Kyle Kalis was one of the top OL in the country. He was terrible while Hoke was here. Shane Morris was a 5 star QB and he will hopefully never see the field.
So as I already said, Hoke is either really unlucky or he cannot develop talent.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well look here now, a gathering...

I think they're going for the Guinness World Record for fitting the most scumbags in the same room at the same time...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're going for the Guinness World Record for fitting the most scumbags in the same room at the same time...

I'm sorry, but to have Briles as your keynote speaker...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not part of the equation at all. MSU beating OSU doesn't factor in to the Michigan vs. MSU comparison.
But it does hurt your argument that Michigan is better than Michigan State considering MSU beat the team that curb stomped you in your own house.