• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan is now an employee of 247 so we have to be cool with the info. He will pass it along, no worries.

Congrats to him, BTW. He works really hard on this stuff. I just ban people and sticky threads.

Sell out :tea:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm reading between the lines but my best guess .. Pep hamilton or Shawn Elliott (from USC-e). in that order ... pure guessing but usually where there's smoke there's fire.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading between the lines but my best guess .. Pep hamilton or Shawn Elliott (from USC-e). in that order ... pure guessing but usually where there's smoke there's fire.

I really wish I were a journalist/insider just to tease people. Like if I were Bitter, I'd tweet out stuff like "Man, that VT offense sure could use a PEP talk"

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would hamilton ever leave Stanford for VT? Usc guy is it.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you guys are harsh. I thought the Hokies showed enough on offense last night to save some jobs. I thought I saw Coleman get back to the line of scrimmage on one of those east/west runs that we do. And the TD throw was nice.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why the hell would hamilton ever leave Stanford for VT? Usc guy is it.

the perception of Stanford and what Stanford really is are two different things.

Sure right now they are a top 15 team but they arent a top 15 program. Their fan support is crappy and you will always have the academic folks to answer to.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harbaugh built Stanford. It's only a matter of time before it crumbles

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And apparently their assistants aren't paid very well ... Sounds like he is definitely the top candidate and a pretty realistic option ... If he is given what he wants

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Sherman is indeed going to Purdue and stays at WR coach that is 1 downward career move for a VT offensive coach. If all the others decided to leave then I'd bet a lot of money they'd all be forced to accept lesser jobs if they even got one. Maybe Shane could get a promotion just because of his recruiting abilities

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weird....I just looked to see how Stanford's team offense compares to ours in yards and points. They are dead even in total yardage for the year. Also, they average 3 points more per game, and about 30 yards more in rushing.
What exactly would we expect to see more of under Hamilton if he is hired? Obviously this does't mean much, but I am just curious as to what types of changes we should expect.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk much about Stanford or Hamilton....but I don't want those 15 tight end formations at VT.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A strong OL with a strong running game and strong D (already have that) is a formula for success. See Alabama, LSU, (hell the whole SEC), Standord, OSU, Wisky, etc. They are built around the same mold. Just have to have the right coaches and most importantly players.

Although it isn't flashy, I would be tickled running the same offensive system as these teams...if VT could have the same success.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk much about Stanford or Hamilton....but I don't want those 15 tight end formations at VT.

I dont care too much how many TEs we have out there, as long as we are moving the ball and scoring points I am fine with it. I would have 0 problem lining up, running right at them and getting 3-4 yards at a time over and over and over. Enforce your will upon them. By the 4th quarter those will be 8-10 yard gains and some long plays as well.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care too much how many TEs we have out there, as long as we are moving the ball and scoring points I am fine with it. I would have 0 problem lining up, running right at them and getting 3-4 yards at a time over and over and over. Enforce your will upon them. By the 4th quarter those will be 8-10 yard gains and some long plays as well.

i agree...that's what we've done best over the years..and i, for one, do not like all these cutesy reverses and misdirections that just simply aren't working...we need to get back to the basics...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we all wouldn't mind that...but that doesn't mean that is what we will get here with those formations. I guess anybody is better than the bullshit we have now though.