• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Large Amount of Free Agents

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arguing but Horn & Surtain will gone before 10
possible I suppose but against every need from the teams in front of us, must be several draft pick trades to make this so
BUT....if so then the Northwestern tackle would be there and that will work too

actually, I could see no corners gone at 10, trade back to 15, draft one of the three, then trade back up and take a stud safety.
Not likely Dallas drafts 10 players, more likely they combine a couple of picks and move up to draft a player they like

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk of him moving to LB. I'm a little confused as to what to do with him or think about him right now.
I'm all for getting better players on the roster and improving our rotation/depth, but add up all of these marginal guys and we could have had a legit difference maker instead. One thing this team has proven is they fail more often than not when taking C level players. They just don't seem to have the ability to find the diamonds in the rough so just take an obvious diamond and stop with this crap we have been watching for over a decade now

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think #10 will Caleb Farley
Wouldn't hurt my feelings, but my argument would be, when you play the Chiefs, who scares you more, Travis Kelce or Chardavius Ward? I think back to the Cowboys great teams in the 90s, and the most underrated player in my mind was Jay Novacek. The Cowboys definitely need defense, but if you put Pitts in the middle of the field with Coop, Lamb and Gallup out wide, Zeke in the backfield and a pass/run threat in Dak, I just don't know how you could defend them

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't hurt my feelings, but my argument would be, when you play the Chiefs, who scares you more, Travis Kelce or Chardavius Ward? I think back to the Cowboys great teams in the 90s, and the most underrated player in my mind was Jay Novacek. The Cowboys definitely need defense, but if you put Pitts in the middle of the field with Coop, Lamb and Gallup out wide, Zeke in the backfield and a pass/run threat in Dak, I just don't know how you could defend them
to me the problem with drafting a TE in the 1st. Is it normally doesnt pay dividends. Remember Vernon Davis. Was gonna be the baddest TE ever. then Meh!
Now we have seen some decent TE productions. But would you want to use a #10 pick on just good.
Hockenson (8th pick)
Hurst
OJ Howard
Ebron (10th pick)
Eifert
Gresham
Pettigrew
Keller
Olsen (31st pick)
Vernon Davis (6th pick)
Lewis
Heath Miller
Winslow (6th pick)
Dallas Clark
Shockey
Graham
Stevens
Heap
Franks
These are the 1st rounders this century. The chances the next great TE is this guy. :noidea: History is probably pointing at no. But if he is Greg olsen or better. Sure he is worth taking. I am just thinking with the #10 pick. Slater is probably the more sure thing. Also I think Dallas likes their TEs (I think we can improve) So Pitts IMO would have to be rated much higher than others on their board at our pick for Dallas to pull that trigger.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Booker coming in to meet with Cowboys as well
Would be a good fit for our defense. Guy just can't stay healthy or he'd likely be looking at a big $ deal coming his way

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also Damontae Kazee
Another good fit IMO (and another torn achilles). Heck, at safety I'm not picky. I'll take anyone because it's not like we have even NFL average talent back there. We need bodies. Ideally we get a top guy, but we need to at least get someone who can play the position at a better than horrible level.

I'd love it if we bring in 6 or 7 new players on defense and then also draft defense like crazy. We need to completely remake this defense.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good fit IMO (and another torn achilles). Heck, at safety I'm not picky. I'll take anyone because it's not like we have even NFL average talent back there. We need bodies. Ideally we get a top guy, but we need to at least get someone who can play the position at a better than horrible level.

I'd love it if we bring in 6 or 7 new players on defense and then also draft defense like crazy. We need to completely remake this defense.
strange thing is apparently we're looking picking up at least 2 safeties in FA with us close on Neal and still bringing in Hooker and Kazee. and i can see us drafting at least one

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strange thing is apparently we're looking picking up at least 2 safeties in FA with us close on Neal and still bringing in Hooker and Kazee. and i can see us drafting at least one
I'm fine with bringing in two. I was happy with Wilson and have been saying for a couple years since that big preseason that they need to get him on the field, but it's not like he is a known quantity at this point. Having all 3 may not even get them NFL average safety play and that also wouldn't preclude them from taking a safety early in the draft. Plus I'm not sure Neal will be brought in as a safety after what I've been reading about him. A lot of talk of him being a WILL...or maybe more a nickel LB/rover type? Because he never struck me as a guy who could play LB full time.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with bringing in two. I was happy with Wilson and have been saying for a couple years since that big preseason that they need to get him on the field, but it's not like he is a known quantity at this point. Having all 3 may not even get them NFL average safety play and that also wouldn't preclude them from taking a safety early in the draft. Plus I'm not sure Neal will be brought in as a safety after what I've been reading about him. A lot of talk of him being a WILL...or maybe more a nickel LB/rover type? Because he never struck me as a guy who could play LB full time.
was just on BloggingtheBoys and they're saying that Neal could either start at Will (which could mean the end for Jaylon or splitting time with him) or stay at Safety

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just on BloggingtheBoys and they're saying that Neal could either start at Will (which could mean the end for Jaylon or splitting time with him) or stay at Safety
Yes, I keep reading that also, but I hope he is more than the 211lbs he seems to be listed at in multiple places if that is the plan...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I keep reading that also, but I hope he is more than the 211lbs he seems to be listed at in multiple places if that is the plan...
same here but what would adding at least 25-30 lbs have on his playing ability

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me the problem with drafting a TE in the 1st. Is it normally doesnt pay dividends. Remember Vernon Davis. Was gonna be the baddest TE ever. then Meh!
Now we have seen some decent TE productions. But would you want to use a #10 pick on just good.
Hockenson (8th pick)
Hurst
OJ Howard
Ebron (10th pick)
Eifert
Gresham
Pettigrew
Keller
Olsen (31st pick)
Vernon Davis (6th pick)
Lewis
Heath Miller
Winslow (6th pick)
Dallas Clark
Shockey
Graham
Stevens
Heap
Franks
These are the 1st rounders this century. The chances the next great TE is this guy. :noidea: History is probably pointing at no. But if he is Greg olsen or better. Sure he is worth taking. I am just thinking with the #10 pick. Slater is probably the more sure thing. Also I think Dallas likes their TEs (I think we can improve) So Pitts IMO would have to be rated much higher than others on their board at our pick for Dallas to pull that trigger.
Great points all, to take TE over D, you would have to believe Pitts is special. I do. I think he would make our offense the best in the NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points all, to take TE over D, you would have to believe Pitts is special. I do. I think he would make our offense the best in the NFL
You never hesitate if you think a guy is special. You just take him. fans just want to draft to fill holes. Smart GMs look for superstars in the top 10. Now do I think Pitts is that guy? not sure but if the team does I’m fine with it. But they really need to think he is a level above everyone else to go that route. You should fill your holes in free agency so that you are free to pick the best players in the draft.