• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Underrated Coaches

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take any of these guys over 75% of the trash that's out there today

PJ Fleck
Scott Satterfield
Geoff Collins
Luke Fickell
Bill Clark
Seth Littrell
Jay Hopson
Justin Wilcox
Chad Lunsford
Jeff Monken
Jay Norvell

If you want to add to this list, fine, but make sure anyone you post is actually underrated.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Dooley

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAT FUCKING FITZGERALD!

I’d give all of your left nuts for the Cocks to can Muschamp & hire him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Day hasn't made a single top 5 active coaches list yet, absurd

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Satterfield and Bill Clark are easily the two most underrated coaches in the country

David Cutcliffe needs to be added to this list though

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Stoops.

Anyone who can win consistently at UK is a hell of a coach.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell is he underrated? He's not. Always being discussed for top jobs in CFB and NFL each offseason.
Well then. Give us your definition of underrated then droid.

un·der·rate
/ˌəndə(r)ˈrāt/
verb
past tense: underrated; past participle: underrated
  1. underestimate the extent, value, or importance of (someone or something).
    "a very underrated film"
    synonyms: undervalue, underestimate, underappreciate, do an injustice to, sell short, play down, understate, minimize, diminish, downgrade, trivialize
    "for years the girls' athletic program was underrated"

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go through the P5 coaches and list the ones I deem underrated.

Derek Mason- Has Vandy right around bowl eligibility every year, easier said than done
Mark Stoops- He has Kentucky respectable
Dave Clawson- Has Wake Forest respectable
Bronco Mendenhall- 8 wins at Virginia is nothing to sneeze at
Kirk Ferentz- Easy targets for jokes, but he has Iowa at around 8 wins most every year

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Shaw - if you can consistently win at a school where academics are first and foremost and the school's administration, alumni and students give zero fucks about football and your players have to actually know how to read and write and major in subjects like Physics, Bio Chemistry, Pre Med, etc and not General Studies, African American Studies, Sports Management, etc then you are a damn good coach. Shaw is consistently underrated at Stanford. Again, I've always said this man is the best coach in all of CFB today.

Gary Patterson - picks up the scraps left over by Texas, OU, A&M, etc and makes it work. Never has a top 15 recruiting class and should have played for 2 NC's in '10 and '14.

Matt Campbell - is winning at Iowa freakin' State. I repeat, Iowa freakin' State.

Josh Heupel - Pretty sure he'll keep dominating at UCF if he stays. UCF could be the next Florida school to start dominating in that state. They are clearly the #1 school in the state of Florida right now. Would like to see the Big 12 extend an invite to them in 2024.

Herm Edwards - I have a feeling Herm is going to turn ASU into a contender for the Pac 12 title on a consistant basis (I know that doesn't mean much today since the Pac 12 is complete ass and the weakest P5 conference in the world). I follow ASU football since I lived in Scottsdale for 10 years and the Sun Devils were legitimately an ass hair away from a 10 win season this year. These are the same players that were getting blown out in games the last 3 years due to Graham's sorry ass.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Shaw - if you can consistently win at a school where academics are first and foremost and the school's administration, alumni and students give zero fucks about football and your players have to actually know how to read and write and major in subjects like Physics, Bio Chemistry, Pre Med, etc and not General Studies, African American Studies, Sports Management, etc then you are a damn good coach. Shaw is consistently underrated at Stanford. Again, I've always said this man is the best coach in all of CFB today.

Gary Patterson - picks up the scraps left over by Texas, OU, A&M, etc and makes it work. Never has a top 15 recruiting class and should have played for 2 NC's in '10 and '14.

Matt Campbell - is winning at Iowa freakin' State. I repeat, Iowa freakin' State.

Josh Heupel - Pretty sure he'll keep dominating at UCF if he stays. UCF could be the next Florida school to start dominating in that state. They are clearly the #1 school in the state of Florida right now. Would like to see the Big 12 extend an invite to them in 2024.

Herm Edwards - I have a feeling Herm is going to turn ASU into a contender for the Pac 12 title on a consistant basis (I know that doesn't mean much today since the Pac 12 is complete ass and the weakest P5 conference in the world). I follow ASU football since I lived in Scottsdale for 10 years and the Sun Devils were legitimately an ass hair away from a 10 win season this year. These are the same players that were getting blown out in games the last 3 years due to Graham's sorry ass.

I could see Heupel and Edwards making the list, but the top 3 are always mentioned when discussion best coaches. Wouldn't really call them underrated, they're all well respected.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Heupel and Edwards making the list, but the top 3 are always mentioned when discussion best coaches. Wouldn't really call them underrated, they're all well respected.

I hear ya Chewy, I just feel like Shaw and Patterson are seriously underrated still. I have mad respect for Shaw b/c he'll never leave his alma mater. He'll be at Stanford until he retires......

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Chewy, I just feel like Shaw and Patterson are seriously underrated still. I have mad respect for Shaw b/c he'll never leave his alma mater. He'll be at Stanford until he retires......
Agree. While they still make a damn good living, it is good to see guys like Shaw and Fitzgerald not just chase the almight dollar. JMO

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go through the P5 coaches and list the ones I deem underrated.

Derek Mason- Has Vandy right around bowl eligibility every year, easier said than done
Mark Stoops- He has Kentucky respectable
Dave Clawson- Has Wake Forest respectable
Bronco Mendenhall- 8 wins at Virginia is nothing to sneeze at
Kirk Ferentz- Easy targets for jokes, but he has Iowa at around 8 wins most every year

Clawson's pre-Wake resume was really good. built Fordham, Richmond and Bowling Green into pretty good programs.

he had Richmond going so well that they won the national title the year after he left with Mike London as their coach.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe the OP left Matt Campbell off the list. Guy is amazing. I can’t believe he has been competitive with the talent he inherented. It’s early, but judging on the last 2 years, he is the best coach in the Big 12. It will be interesting to see where they are in a couple years, when he has turned over the roster

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe the OP left Matt Campbell off the list. Guy is amazing. I can’t believe he has been competitive with the talent he inherented. It’s early, but judging on the last 2 years, he is the best coach in the Big 12. It will be interesting to see where they are in a couple years, when he has turned over the roster

You can't be routinely mentioned among the best coaches and the top rumor for every big time opening and be underrated. He gets the credit he deserves.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be routinely mentioned among the best coaches and the top rumor for every big time opening and be underrated. He gets the credit he deserves.

I see Shaw, Fitzgerald, and Ferentz mentioned here, those guys have gotten way more publicity.

Then you have a guy like Heupel, who has basically just taken a great team over and maintained. If you go by the computers the team is actually worse

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Satterfield and Bill Clark are easily the two most underrated coaches in the country

David Cutcliffe needs to be added to this list though

Nah, guys like Cutcliffe, Campbell, Stoops, Babers, Rhule are not underrated by those who understand football. I thought about putting all those guys on the list but it actually doesn't make sense to.

They might not have the most glorious jobs (Cutcliffe's is by choice) and they're universally well respected and known.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I'm the only one on the forum who has Matt Campbell as a top 10 coach:

NCG set, Urban is retiring, who's your top 10 head coaches headed into next season?

So how in the hell is he anywhere close to being underrated? Do you not understand the definition of the word?

Think before posting next time. JFC!