• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ugly scene in Oakland last night

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Warriors fans booing Joe Lacob was unexpected and - even though I am not a fan of his - uncalled for.

Chris Mullin's jersey retirement turns ugly - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

What this column did not state was that it was Lacob who brought Mullin back to Golden State. It was Lacob who thought up the idea of the Run TMC Bobbleheads. It was Lacob who reached out to the former greats and asked them to come back to their roots.

Even though his ownership has made promises that it could not deliver and even though he is bold and confident about winning in the face of even more losing, Lacobv REALLY is an improvement over Cohan.

I think the fans were out of line last night.

Oh, and Rick Barry is a facking moron. He did exactly what one should not do to an unruly crowd. Mullin did the right thing and he has more class in his pinkie toe than Barry has in his entire body.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some funny shit. Nice to see a spoiled rich fucklike that squirm a bit

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Warriors' fans were loyal and well-educated in the ways of the NBA. Booing Lacob now is booing change and cheering for the status quo. Give it another couple of years. If the Warriors aren't a guaranteed 5-seed in 2014, boo away. It's silly to think that a somewhat recent change in ownership can fix almost two decades of fucking up. EDIT: Especially without getting rid of some popular players.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some funny shit. Nice to see a spoiled rich fucklike that squirm a bit

You're a fucking idiot. Sorry that his money makes you jealous, but the assholes in the crowd last night RUINED what should have been a special night for one of the greatest Warriors ever. You think making Lacob "squirm" was worth embarassing Mully's entire FAMILY, who had to sit there awkwardly while some stupid fucking 20 year old clowns in the cheap seats booed?

As if Lacob had done something wrong by buying the team and plowing a bunch of money into the franchise? That makes him a bad guy? At every fucking turn the guy has said "we will spend money, we will turn this franchise around." After Cohell, he's a HERO, not someone who should be booed.

The 20 something assclowns acted like petty children who just had their favorite toy taken away. Why don't you trundle your ass back to the Raptors board and root for ping pong balls, you obviously know NOTHING about being a class fan.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fucking idiot. Sorry that his money makes you jealous, but the assholes in the crowd last night RUINED what should have been a special night for one of the greatest Warriors ever. You think making Lacob "squirm" was worth embarassing Mully's entire FAMILY, who had to sit there awkwardly while some stupid fucking 20 year old clowns in the cheap seats booed?

As if Lacob had done something wrong by buying the team and plowing a bunch of money into the franchise? That makes him a bad guy? At every fucking turn the guy has said "we will spend money, we will turn this franchise around." After Cohell, he's a HERO, not someone who should be booed.

The 20 something assclowns acted like petty children who just had their favorite toy taken away. Why don't you trundle your ass back to the Raptors board and root for ping pong balls, you obviously know NOTHING about being a class fan.

Big fucking deal. Mullin is still in the rafters. Who gives a fuck if his night was altered by the fans who are pissed that they have a shit team every year. Good onthe fans. ANd fuck that owner. I have no idea who the fuck he is but it was funny watching him squirm. He probably makes people squirm every fucking day with his power. Nice to see the shoe on the other foot from time to time.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Warriors' fans were loyal and well-educated in the ways of the NBA. Booing Lacob now is booing change and cheering for the status quo. Give it another couple of years. If the Warriors aren't a guaranteed 5-seed in 2014, boo away. It's silly to think that a somewhat recent change in ownership can fix almost two decades of fucking up. EDIT: Especially without getting rid of some popular players.

Wow, thaw WAS bad. I can see a little booing when he steps out there, but to continue giving him legit makes no sense.

And I agree with you: booing Lacob is booing change. We aren't sure yet whether the moves will work or not, but why not give it at least until mid-season 2013 before you demonize him? That's the kinda shit Phillie fans do. ;)

That was terrible.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

and
and
Wow, thaw WAS bad. I can see a little booing when he steps out there, but to continue giving him legit makes no sense.

And I agree with you: booing Lacob is booing change. We aren't sure yet whether the moves will work or not, but why not give it at least until mid-season 2013 before you demonize him? That's the kinda shit Phillie fans do. ;)

That was terrible.

All got rep.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i definitely gained respect for the warriors fans but what i can't figure out is why they stopped booing

soo many whites in suits, should of been thowing cabbage when that one snake played the " he's spending his money for you"card. Probably another state subsizdized arena for some snake paying half tax on his income, huge tear to the face of the working man(cheeks spread)

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i definitely gained respect for the warriors fans but what i can't figure out is why they stopped booing

soo many whites in suits, should of been thowing cabbage when that one snake played the " he's spending his money for you"card. Probably another state subsizdized arena for some snake paying half tax on his income, huge tear to the face of the working man(cheeks spread)

Is ignorance bliss?

It's somewhat funny that those of us who live in one of the most progressive areas in America are defending the rich white dude, while trolls from across the country are ripping on him.

I don't care how much Lacob makes, the guy loves the team as much as we do and believes the recent moves will help us get out of lottery hell. I'm repeating myself here but...the dude deserves a chance.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for fans expressing their displeasure, but last night really should've just been Mullin's night and a celebration of what he's meant to all us Warrior fans.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Warriors fans here have a lot more sense than whatever Neanderthals were in attendance last night. Not only was the booing untimely since it was Mullen's night, it was also unjustified. Golden State has been stumbling all over itself for 20 years or more. This guy has been the owner for like 6 hours and they are booing him like he's Donald Sterling.

BTW, Rick Barry is awesome. He's like that old man in the neighborhood that yells at all the punk kids that drive by his house with their speakers turned way up. He looked like he wanted to go into the stands and crack a few skulls

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Warriors fans here have a lot more sense than whatever Neanderthals were in attendance last night. Not only was the booing untimely since it was Mullen's night, it was also unjustified. Golden State has been stumbling all over itself for 20 years or more. This guy has been the owner for like 6 hours and they are booing him like he's Donald Sterling.

BTW, Rick Barry is awesome. He's like that old man in the neighborhood that yells at all the punk kids that drive by his house with their speakers turned way up. He looked like he wanted to go into the stands and crack a few skulls

Barry went about it the wrong way, Lacob's comment about "now that we got that out the way" was the wrong way to handle it too. The fans that were booing were absolutely wrong for booing a man that has been in control for one and a strike shortened season, and has made a couple of moves that I personally love.

Mullin's reaction to the fans was the correct way to handle it, IMO. It's hard to fight stupidity with aggression. Barry is lucky the situation didn't turn uglier than it already was.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fucking deal. Mullin is still in the rafters. Who gives a fuck if his night was altered by the fans who are pissed that they have a shit team every year. Good onthe fans. ANd fuck that owner. I have no idea who the fuck he is but it was funny watching him squirm. He probably makes people squirm every fucking day with his power. Nice to see the shoe on the other foot from time to time.

Yep, it's official, you're an assclown. Not only classless, but also clueless.

Well played, fool. Well played.

:arg::arg:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This post is a faunching caludron of fail. An epic work of massive douchebaggery, if you will.

Seems we have two assclown trolls now.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't think it was so bad until it got to the middle portion...but Lacob should have just powered through it, letting the crowd get to him was stupid and he should have expected some boo birds...just grow some balls and speak louder to get the ceremony over with.

bummer for Mullin though, he doesn't deserve all that.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have fallen just about as far as a franchise can fall - Grantland

this says it all:

"During the Cocaine Era (1977-1986), the Warriors somehow ended up with three of the league's most notorious coke guys (King, Richardson and Lucas) and an interesting stigma: As legend had it, the Oakland Hyatt (where visiting teams stayed) was the best place in the league to score drugs, so struggling players routinely fell off the wagon during their Golden State trip. Oh, and if you're scoring at home, the Warriors didn't make the playoffs for nine straight seasons … from 1978 to 1986. Everybody lost in Oakland. Even the visiting players."

Last edited by a moderator:

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend sent me that column this morning and I read it. After reading it, I felt like someone shot my dog. So depressing, especially since I remember almost every one of those 60 steps.

yeah he should supply a warning at the start of the column: take valium/xanax and drink 3 beers before reading this...

i hate to say it, but i think the Warriors will leave a legacy worse than the Clippers.

:burt: