• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Truck race @ Eldora

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone? this is pretty cool with them slinging the trucks sideways through the corner. There's some beating and banging going on.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good racing. Ty Dillon spins Kyle Larson while battling for 3rd or 4th. Larson spins completely around and holds onto 5th place. Dillon cut a tire during that exchange and the caution is out.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larson has beat the hell out of his truck but he has the lead with 20 to go. Under caution at the moment, bout to go green.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Bubba Wallace Jr. takes the checkers. Larson finally broke the front right. I've never seen anyone beat a racecar like he did tonight.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was on tonight????

Shit!!!!!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was on tonight????

Shit!!!!!

yup and it was pretty entertaining. If you get a chance to watch the replay, you gotta watch it. Kyle Larson hit the wall on just about every freaking lap and hit 2 or 3 times on a lot of laps.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Bubba Wallace Jr. takes the checkers. Larson finally broke the front right. I've never seen anyone beat a racecar like he did tonight.
I'm not really a fan of his effort. Anyone can break a truck and not finish the race.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup and it was pretty entertaining. If you get a chance to watch the replay, you gotta watch it. Kyle Larson hit the wall on just about every freaking lap and hit 2 or 3 times on a lot of laps.

I'm gonna have to check to see what time the replay is. I'll watch that on the big screen in the auditorium at work here!!!! That should be awesome!!! If this years race was half as entertaining as last years it will still be the best damn race of the year!!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larson drove like a fucking idiot. I've seen 6 year olds use the same strategy in video games; no brakes, just bounce it off the wall and keep going. I'd be so pissed off if I were a mechanic on that team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The data suggests that NASCAR is trending in the wrong direction with the majority of the teams seeing a 31.1% decline in net worth and annual revenue compared to just one team who remains profitable, that being Hendricks Motorsports. HMS net value has remained relatively constant and although that might be good for Hendricks, it is bad for the sport as I predicted a year ago. Here is the link on the article I read.

Yahoo!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Ken Schrader rocking a 4th place finish :thumb:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The data suggests that NASCAR is trending in the wrong direction with the majority of the teams seeing a 31.1% decline in net worth and annual revenue compared to just one team who remains profitable, that being Hendricks Motorsports. HMS net value has remained relatively constant and although that might be good for Hendricks, it is bad for the sport as I predicted a year ago. Here is the link on the article I read.

Yahoo!

I was fortunate enough to talk with one of the Big NASCAR owners.....
He had told me Nascar is killing itself off from the inside out.
He said the chase thing is totally rediculous and pretty much has no meaning anymore, but Nascar believes it will capture the fans attention.
He went on to say that if not for the success of his other endevors he would scale back on his Nascar teams and prepare for a departure. But he also admits feeling a sense of loyalty to Nascar because they helped him along when he was first starting out in Nascar.
He said like everything Nascar had its moment in the spot light and they like so many others were careless with the opportunity and that time is gone. Now they are left grasping at straws to keep the numbers high when in reality they are shooting themselves in the foot!!!!
For example, the points system was in place since the inception of the sport, they became popular and felt the need to change it, They Chase concept, one, has changed almost every year they had it and two, there are too many ways to fix it. He even went on to say that people are blind if they think the Clint Bowyer BS was the first time someone tried to stack the deck on the chase. MWR was just not very clever on how they went about it!!!

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just woke up awhile ago. And started watching. And of course I had to find out who won...

Way to go, Bubba!!! :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fortunate enough to talk with one of the Big NASCAR owners.....
He had told me Nascar is killing itself off from the inside out.
He said the chase thing is totally rediculous and pretty much has no meaning anymore, but Nascar believes it will capture the fans attention.
He went on to say that if not for the success of his other endevors he would scale back on his Nascar teams and prepare for a departure. But he also admits feeling a sense of loyalty to Nascar because they helped him along when he was first starting out in Nascar.
He said like everything Nascar had its moment in the spot light and they like so many others were careless with the opportunity and that time is gone. Now they are left grasping at straws to keep the numbers high when in reality they are shooting themselves in the foot!!!!
For example, the points system was in place since the inception of the sport, they became popular and felt the need to change it, They Chase concept, one, has changed almost every year they had it and two, there are too many ways to fix it. He even went on to say that people are blind if they think the Clint Bowyer BS was the first time someone tried to stack the deck on the chase. MWR was just not very clever on how they went about it!!!

I agree Psych Ward. Brian France Jr is a complete idiot and lacks any visionary skills of his grandfather and father. I suspect in a decade, NASCAR on the national scene will either be gone or reduced to a Hendricks racing league for Chevy and Goodyear. Useless as breasts on a bull.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week-end the snooze series is in Indianapolis. What once was an exciting race filled with intrigue and historical significance has become a well-known sedative for those wishing to catch-up on their lost sleep time.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week-end the snooze series is in Indianapolis. What once was an exciting race filled with intrigue and historical significance has become a well-known sedative for those wishing to catch-up on their lost sleep time.

Definitely can't be any worse than the year they were barely able to run 10 laps before the tires would give out. That was one of the worst races I've ever watched. There were hardly any passes because nobody could get any grip and were afraid of losing all control.

I really wish I had remembered to watch the Eldora race. Does anyone know if it's getting replayed again any time soon because I will DVR it if it is.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely can't be any worse than the year they were barely able to run 10 laps before the tires would give out. That was one of the worst races I've ever watched. There were hardly any passes because nobody could get any grip and were afraid of losing all control.

I really wish I had remembered to watch the Eldora race. Does anyone know if it's getting replayed again any time soon because I will DVR it if it is.

Yea that race was a complete cluster eff-job beyond belief UVA.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sat. on FS1 I believe.

Think (going off memory so you might want to verify) it was 2:30 pm & I assume the times were eastern