• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading deadline approaching, what happens?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have talked for quite a bit now about this team acquiring a defenseman but and although I think they will I think it won't be one that catches the eyes. Look our what could be available, I think the market isn't great to be honest and I don't think Yzerman will make a trade for the sake of it. Ideally I think Yzerman would target a vet Righty shot defenseman e.g. Stephane Robidas or Derek Morris. However the Yotes have said they are not selling and the Stars are in the same boat. I do think Yzerman will get a D Man but you also have got to think that Sustr will be back up soon so I just think the bolts will look at someone like Mike Weaver. Weaver is not exactly a big name but he's been solid for the Panthers the past few years. Again more of a rental move with Weaver being a pending UFA. I think Weaver for Witkowski would be a solid deal. Adding Weaver to Hedman, Salo, Carle, Gudas, Brewer, Sustr and Barberio gives the Bolts a solid 8 D core.

I think Yzerman will look to get a top 9 forward who can add some grit and sandpaper to what is a skilled forward group. I have brought his name up before because there were rumors of interest from the bolts in this player and that is Steve Ott. I do think he'd be a perfect fit, we need somebody like that who can add grit/sandpaper and some character and important leadership. He's plays that playoff style that we could use. I could see him as a rental but I very important one at that. There will be a good level of interest in a player like Ott, I say Brown and a 3rd would be a good deal for both sides.

Lines:

Palat-Stamkos-Marty
Killorn-Val-Teddy
Ott-Johnson-Kucherov
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Carle-Gudas
Hedman-Salo
Brewer-Weaver
Barberio/Sustr

I'm also going to mention a trade I can see happening in the offseason. Brett Connolly for Adam Larsson, honestly it's a deal that makes perfect sense for both sides. Both guys haven't lived up to expectation so far, we have a surplus of young forwards, the Devils have a surplus of young D Men. Larsson and Hedman would be a perfect pairing, then you have Carle and Gudas and then the likes of Sustr, Barberio and Koekkoek coming through, I think our D would be awesome!!!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have talked for quite a bit now about this team acquiring a defenseman but and although I think they will I think it won't be one that catches the eyes. Look our what could be available, I think the market isn't great to be honest and I don't think Yzerman will make a trade for the sake of it. Ideally I think Yzerman would target a vet Righty shot defenseman e.g. Stephane Robidas or Derek Morris. However the Yotes have said they are not selling and the Stars are in the same boat. I do think Yzerman will get a D Man but you also have got to think that Sustr will be back up soon so I just think the bolts will look at someone like Mike Weaver. Weaver is not exactly a big name but he's been solid for the Panthers the past few years. Again more of a rental move with Weaver being a pending UFA. I think Weaver for Witkowski would be a solid deal. Adding Weaver to Hedman, Salo, Carle, Gudas, Brewer, Sustr and Barberio gives the Bolts a solid 8 D core.

I think Yzerman will look to get a top 9 forward who can add some grit and sandpaper to what is a skilled forward group. I have brought his name up before because there were rumors of interest from the bolts in this player and that is Steve Ott. I do think he'd be a perfect fit, we need somebody like that who can add grit/sandpaper and some character and important leadership. He's plays that playoff style that we could use. I could see him as a rental but I very important one at that. There will be a good level of interest in a player like Ott, I say Brown and a 3rd would be a good deal for both sides.

Lines:

Palat-Stamkos-Marty
Killorn-Val-Teddy
Ott-Johnson-Kucherov
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Carle-Gudas
Hedman-Salo
Brewer-Weaver
Barberio/Sustr

I'm also going to mention a trade I can see happening in the offseason. Brett Connolly for Adam Larsson, honestly it's a deal that makes perfect sense for both sides. Both guys haven't lived up to expectation so far, we have a surplus of young forwards, the Devils have a surplus of young D Men. Larsson and Hedman would be a perfect pairing, then you have Carle and Gudas and then the likes of Sustr, Barberio and Koekkoek coming through, I think our D would be awesome!!!
hard to say I would not expect a whole lot maybe they add a defenseman and a top 9 forward. Or just maybe if the prices are too high I think yzerman will sit tight. I for the record would love to see weaver and otto added to are roster!