• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade deadline moves

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade deadline moves the lightning should make! I really see only one sure need yzerman needs to go and get Mike Cammalleri. Look how good we are now! getting Stamkos and Cammalleri on this team come march would make us stanley cup contenders. With Ben Bishop in net playing very well what a boost to the offense it would be to get Mike Cammalleri and Steven Stamkos back come around march!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the idea of pursing Cammalleri at first but know now, too much cap hit and combine that with what it would take to get him, not worth it in my opinion. In all fairness I don't want Yzerman to give up any prospects, keep your assets as much as the Lightning are competing now, this is just the beginning of what should be a successful period of time for the organization so keep your assets and continue to build.

I would like Yzerman to add depth to this more so on the backend just to fill out our bottom 6/7 but I suppose the likes of Sustr, Barberio and Cote have played well. I also think we need a bit more depth upfront someone who can provide some experience to what is a young forward group. Some of you may giggle at this but how about Jagr? A cheap option, perhaps a pick (2nd) and a mid to low level prospect. I think Jagr would be a great fit to bolster our top 6/9. An experienced head, a big body that can still playmake and put the puck in the net. I just think Jagr would improve this team, he'd allow to provide a bridge as being a rental you can send Kucherov back to the AHL where he can continue to develop ready for next season. Lines when healthy:

Malone-Stamkos-Marty
Killorn-Val-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Jagr
Pyatt/Brown/Panik?-Thompson-Crombeen

Obviously the top 6 is the same as what is was to begin the season. Play Jagr with two rookies and like Marty is now. I just think the players on that complement each others game so much, Palat's relentless two way game, Johnson's speed and good shot with Jagr's slick and creative hands. When times get tough you could play Jagr with Stammer and Marty, i'm sorry but imagine that!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya jagr would work but at best i would do a 3rd round pick and a low end prospect