• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade bait!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau and 1st round unprotected for Westbrook...

If you haven't seen Reggie he might be what they need... Add a quality big man which Pau is and they got a huge shot... I don't think Westbrook and Durant are as good for Durant as a scoring big and Durant... And the Lakers can begin the Kobe transition... This takes away a lot of pressure and allows an older Kobe to have more freedom... Thoughts...?:noidea:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you haven't seen Reggie he might be what they need... Add a quality big man which Pau is and they got a huge shot... I don't think Westbrook and Durant are as good for Durant as a scoring big and Durant... And the Lakers can begin the Kobe transition... This takes away a lot of pressure and allows an older Kobe to have more freedom... Thoughts...?:noidea:

That ain't gonna get it done for westbrook

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see it honestly

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough but add this... If Pau is the missing link you can sign him to 3 years if not you drop a huge salary... Unless you all feel they are there, which I don't... They need inside scoring... Who else can you get...? Zach Randolph...? Aldridge...? They both have PGs... I KNOW Westbrook is worth more, but a) he's coming off 2 surgeries...b) most teams have no need for a PG and ones that do don't have a skilled big like Gasol...c) with no Pau, Kobe out until?, Westbrook out until? That unprotected pick may be a high lottery...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great deal for the Lakers...that is not even kind of a good deal for the Thunder who besides wanting to stay out of the Luxury as much as possible and have a great talent you will not often find in draft no matter how many 1st rounders you get, ask the Cavs.

There is no player the Lakers have that would entice them to trade Westbrook for, maybe all of your draft picks and keeping your roster?

Maybe you guys take Reggie for a 1st rounder and they will take Pau off your hands if you require that?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sum it up: Kevin Durant/Russell Westbrook/James Harden was supposed to be the future for the Thunder - now it's just KD and Russ - you can't trade Russ or it's completely blowing up your future

A lot of people have been ragging on the Thunder and I think they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder - a lot of people talking negatively about them might light a fire under them and I don't know if I'd want to play those guys with that type of attitude

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iv'e always felt that Westbrook & Durant don't make a good combo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason that I can think of to make this trade would be if the Thunder are looking to win this year and don't feel that the Durant/Westbrook combo can get it done AND if they think they are likely to lose one or both to free agency.

Pau still has some good basketball left in him and could definitely help a team that is close, but he's only got a couple of high level seasons left. Westbrook has many good seasons left.

Having said that, I hate the idea of trading Pau, but for a player like Westbrook, I'd get over it.:lol:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 1st rounder? Can't be this years because I'm pretty sure NBA rules prevent you from dealing 1st round picks in consecutive years. LA has to keep its 2014 pick and they've traded away all the other ones they have available right now.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 1st rounder? Can't be this years because I'm pretty sure NBA rules prevent you from dealing 1st round picks in consecutive years. LA has to keep its 2014 pick and they've traded away all the other ones they have available right now.

Good info... Didn't know that... The possibility that this team would be a bottom feeder without Pau Kobe and Westbrook makes them in the running for Wiggins... That's the biggest piece of the puzzle... Without that there isn't a trade...:noidea:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iv'e always felt that Westbrook & Durant don't make a good combo

The only reason that I can think of to make this trade would be if the Thunder are looking to win this year and don't feel that the Durant/Westbrook combo can get it done AND if they think they are likely to lose one or both to free agency.

Pau still has some good basketball left in him and could definitely help a team that is close, but he's only got a couple of high level seasons left. Westbrook has many good seasons left.

Having said that, I hate the idea of trading Pau, but for a player like Westbrook, I'd get over it.:lol:

That's the thought process... Of course Westbrook is worth more than Pau and/or a first rounder... But Pau is still top 5-10 at the PF/C and that pick may be "the next Lebron" :sadbron:.. The Thunder need a post presence on offense, Pau is your man... They will never win with Westbrook/Durant, might as well make the move now while you have all the pieces... The goal is to win a ring, Pau gives you a much better chance than Westbrook... This gives you a very similar team to the 2010 Lakers... If you want the ring you make the move, if you want to have an exciting team for years to come and waste Reggie Jackson stay still...:nod:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau does not make them better this year if Westbrook comes back full strength by the playoffs.

Also OKC has the next 2 LBJs in Westbrook and Durant so they should now want to trade one of them to get possibly the next one?

A much better solution would be for Durant to work on his low post game and now you have all of Pau's upside with out his crippling contract or inferior defense to the OKC team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau does not make them better this year if Westbrook comes back full strength by the playoffs.

Also OKC has the next 2 LBJs in Westbrook and Durant so they should now want to trade one of them to get possibly the next one?

A much better solution would be for Durant to work on his low post game and now you have all of Pau's upside with out his crippling contract or inferior defense to the OKC team.

The problem for OKC is that they lost Harden and they have no post presence. Pau isn't going to win any DPOY's, but he's a better post defender than Durant. He's also a better low post scorer than Durant.

As I said in my post. IF the trade were made (and it won't be) it gives the Thunder a better shot than the Westbrook/Durant combo, but would be a "win it this year or bust" kind of move. It was pretty apparent that the Thunder wasn't going to win the title last season even if Westbrook stayed healthy. There was an extra "something" that they lost when they let Harden go.

Durant would also need to "bulk up" a bit if he's going to play in the post and it's too late for that for this season.

Pau's contract isn't crippling because it expires after this season. Again, if you're OKC, you only do this if the idea is to win a title right now AND you think you're going to lose one or both in FA. Outside of that, OKC doesn't go anywhere near this trade because it is too "one-sided" for the Lakers in the long term.

Last edited by a moderator:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for OKC is that they lost Harden and they have no post presence. Pau isn't going to win any DPOY's, but he's a better post defender than Durant. He's also a better low post scorer than Durant.

As I said in my post. IF the trade were made (and it won't be) it gives the Thunder a better shot than the Westbrook/Durant combo, but would be a "win it this year or bust" kind of move. It was pretty apparent that the Thunder wasn't going to win the title last season even if Westbrook stayed healthy. There was an extra "something" that they lost when they let Harden go.

Durant would also need to "bulk up" a bit if he's going to play in the post and it's too late for that for this season.

Pau's contract isn't crippling because it expires after this season. Again, if you're OKC, you only do this if the idea is to win a title right now AND you think you're going to lose one or both in FA. Outside of that, OKC doesn't go anywhere near this trade because it is too "one-sided" for the Lakers in the long term.

And that's the truth!!!

As a Lakers fan I like Pau, and now with the team make up (even with Kobe) he's our best shot... But even with him I don't think we can get a ring... People will see how good Pau is again, then they'll understand what you and I are saying...

You got Jackson who is a solid defender at the PG, Sefalosha a lock down at the 2, Durant above average at the 3, and Iblocka at the 4... All Pau has to do is stand in front of his man with his hands up... But on offense they can run through him if they want...

I'll bump this back up around all star break when Pau's on the all star team and Westbrook is struggle to get comfortable...:noidea:

celticsintheoc

bleed green
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow delusional much rub a lamp and pray for three wishes ...the only way that will happen

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone actually believe that Westbrook and Kobe could coexist? Kobe would kill Russ.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Heat can trade wade and oden for westbrook and 4 1st round picks.....

Seems fair right?