• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torres Re-Signs

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Elliotte Friedman it's a 3 year $6.0m deal.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect term and cap hit imo

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: I like it :thumb:

Gonna place my Torres jersey order right now :thumb:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe how my feelings for Raffi have changed over the past 3 months. I always root for the logo instead of the player name and the acquisition of Torres put that to the test big time.

This deal take him up to age 35. Actually might be one year too many depending on how well Torres ages (loses speed). Still, he keeps that element of uncertainty in the minds of opponents and that intangible has its worth.

If he wants to stay on the ice, he will have to be careful and not give the league anything to review. I still think he could have taken more of the body on the Stoll hit as opposed to a glancing blow. Anyway, glad he'll be back. Now go find a competent third line scorer and the Sharks will have a solid 3rd line:

Torres-Pavs-(scoring winger)

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yep, good deal all around. Now deal demers for clutterbuck and give him the same 3 yr, 6M per and the sharks will be competitive again. With burns and galiardi on line one, torres on line 2, clutterbuck on line 3, and desi on line 4, the sharks will have nastiness throughout the lineup. In addition, assuming no major other trades and havlat can play (haha yeah right), they will have 9 or 10 solid forwards in Jumbo, patty, burns, pavs, cooch, havlat, torres, clutterbuck, wingels, and galiardi. I still wouldnt mind getting one more solid depth forward as insurance against havlat injury, torres suspension, or just general disappointment from the aging top dogs.

Either way, resigning cooch and torres gives the sharks some good certainty and reasonable cap hits going forward. it will sure be interesting to see what dougie does with all the to-be UFAs in pavs, jumbo, patty, and boyle. its hard to see him resigning all 4, and equally hard to see him letting any of them walk for nothing. I suppose this summer and the next trade deadline will really shape the next several years.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going to put this out there now I think Ralphie is going to turn out to be alot like Scott Thornton except a helluva lot better at skating and hitting and skill, turrabull fighter though.

I wont be shocked to see Ralphie hit 15-20 goal range over a full season, and i say that primarily because he will be getting PP time

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to put this out there now I think Ralphie is going to turn out to be alot like Scott Thornton except a helluva lot better at skating and hitting and skill, turrabull fighter though.

I wont be shocked to see Ralphie hit 15-20 goal range over a full season, and i say that primarily because he will be getting PP time

How long do you think it will be that the "enforcer" is a thing of the past? Game is so much faster, much harsher penalties & restricting rules now. :boxing:

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already is a thing of the past.

Not when you still have this:

NHL Power Rankings: Top 10 Enforcers Currently in the NHL

EDIT: It's not a link. Just an article in The Bleacher Report

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not when you still have this:

NHL Power Rankings: Top 10 Enforcers Currently in the NHL

EDIT: It's not a link. Just an article in The Bleacher Report

I didnt read it, but I really wouldnt call ANYONE currently in the NHL an enforcer

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt read it, but I really wouldnt call ANYONE currently in the NHL an enforcer

The name of the douche late of the Quacks, with the pron-stache escapes me, but the point I'm trying to make is when will these low to no skill goons be a thing of the past?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The name of the douche late of the Quacks, with the pron-stache escapes me, but the point I'm trying to make is when will these low to no skill goons be a thing of the past?

George Parros, i think he went to Tampa last season. Actual the guy isnt a douche and a very respectable enforcer, he has an old school mentality, i think he showed quite a bit of class when he fought i think Desi in his rookie season

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have always had a lot of respect for Parros. He can throw down but he didn't get caught up in the cheap shit. Plus he always seemed to give guys the 'at a boy tap after a good scrum or for stepping up and squaring off with him.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get that the big brawlers don't have a place in today's game, but man, i did enjoy watching them throw down... just added an extra element knowing the big guys were gonna rumble. take a run at a skill guy.. take a beating. Probert, Mcsorley, Parros, Laraque... Good times... Makes me feel old thinking about em... hahaaa

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal for Torres ... as long as Brendan ShitInHisPants lets the guy play.

Parros? Only guy on the Ducks I liked. Loved that Stache too :). Always kicked Shelley's ass. I miss the enforcers and the fighting. Game was much more wide open when the goons existed. There are very few characters left in the league. Too much character, not enough characters.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100k fine is paid off. Great job DW!