• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Together We’re Gyants v Cubs

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone LOL....I presume you're kidding.

But maybe a Ruf Wade platoon is just as productive?
I'm only repeating what I've been told.

Seriously, though, I feel very split on which way to go with Belt. The dude is good, when healthy. But how often is he healthy? That cannot get better with age. I'm fine with letting Belt walk if Posey plans to be around for a few more years and needs to be moved to 1st base. However, if Posey is going to hang it up after 2022 (pure speculation on my part, nothing I've heard to back that up), then maybe keep Belt around.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only repeating what I've been told.

Seriously, though, I feel very split on which way to go with Belt. The dude is good, when healthy. But how often is he healthy? That cannot get better with age. I'm fine with letting Belt walk if Posey plans to be around for a few more years and needs to be moved to 1st base. However, if Posey is going to hang it up after 2022 (pure speculation on my part, nothing I've heard to back that up), then maybe keep Belt around.
Posey is likely to re-sign for 3 years os so, and I doubt he moves to 1B. They will probably keep doing the 2 games on one game off routine with him, so playing only 110 games or so during the regular season. Maybe DHing a bit and certainly pinch hitting.

But 1B like I said is a useful place to put Ruf or Wade when the outfield is full (Yaz, Duggar, Bryant, etc)

Gonna be a ton of turnover next year so really it's impossible to speculate.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey is likely to re-sign for 3 years os so, and I doubt he moves to 1B. They will probably keep doing the 2 games on one game off routine with him, so playing only 110 games or so during the regular season. Maybe DHing a bit and certainly pinch hitting.

But 1B like I said is a useful place to put Ruf or Wade when the outfield is full (Yaz, Duggar, Bryant, etc)

Gonna be a ton of turnover next year so really it's impossible to speculate.
What do you think happens with Duggar? It seems that his cold streak really got him lost in the shuffle with the outfield. Yet, both Dickerson and Yaz have been arguably much worse than him offensively this year. His season numbers would suggest a roster spot in 2022 but I wouldn't be surprised if he is non-tendered or dfa'd this offseason.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole Captain thing is brilliant. It is absolutely a nickname that will stick, and it is the kind of thing that can really get the fan base behind you.

Well played, BB. Well played.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole Captain thing is brilliant. It is absolutely a nickname that will stick, and it is the kind of thing that can really get the fan base behind you.

Well played, BB. Well played.
I just more like how loose they are. You’d think they’re 15 games out of the playoffs. Not seemingly worried at all about holding off the favorite Dodgers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think happens with Duggar? It seems that his cold streak really got him lost in the shuffle with the outfield. Yet, both Dickerson and Yaz have been arguably much worse than him offensively this year. His season numbers would suggest a roster spot in 2022 but I wouldn't be surprised if he is non-tendered or dfa'd this offseason.
Tons of moving parts, I honestly have no idea. Much fewer locked in people than usual