• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Xbox 720 thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COD PREMIERE W/ GAMEPLAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that they are getting so many exclusive games.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far sounding like the PS4...a few new cool tricks but nothing groundbreaking. First gen xbox and PS were groundbreaking, PS2 upgraded a bit and added some features, PS3 major advances in pictures with Xbox 360 doing the same. Now this new generation doesn't have anything that honestly couldn't be added through a peripheral and firmware. Yeah graphics are better, but can't get that much better unless a new compression comes out and TV's get better. So they are relying on "cloud gaming" to sell these. Sorry, I don't mind actually having a DVD. I prefer it actually. Everything else about the PS4 was a non-starter for me. Was hoping xbox would wow me but nothing new really, just performance upgrades and cloud crap.

The "groundbreaking" is that this isn't just a game console. It's an entertainment console. Whether you like that or not is up to you.

Also the improvements in the kinect is pretty awesome. The fact it can tell the rotation of your limbs is pretty cool. The heartbeat thing is kind of creepy.

Also, the fact that it is running on 2 OS is very interesting.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the name, should have gone with Xbox 720 IMO. I thought 360 was clever. Plus ps1,2,3,4 just roll off the tongue, Xbox 1 just doesn't have a flow to it. 360 did.

Last edited by a moderator:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the name, should have gone with Xbox 720 IMO. I thought 360 was clever.

I don't like the name either, but I think they are trying to get away from being labeled as a "game console" and wanted to go with a new name.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the fact it will be a blu-ray player

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.

Greedy motherfuckers.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not that big of a deal to me. Only original Xbox games I played on 360 was Star Wars battlefront and halo: ce-2. I can't think of a 360 game I'd want to play on One.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isn't in their best interests to do that. Seriously.

confirmation of this shit just lost my business.

optical discs are either physical media that I own or converyors of data that I am licensed to use. Not both as it suits the vendor.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. They better figure out a better plan than it appears they have.

All they need to do is allow you to uninstall and "return" the rights to the disk.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://kotaku.com/the-next-xbox-is-called-xbox-one-509069410

^Sums up everything at the conference pretty well.

I'm still not sold and still leaning Sony (funny that they're stock went up after Microsoft's announcement). From what I can gather, it still is requiring you to have an internet connection for it to run. They said you could play single player games and blu rays without being connected but when someone pressed Microsoft for further details, they said it needed to be connected to the internet at least once a day. They wouldn't expand any further. WTF? So if I don't connect it to the internet once a day for updates/Microsoft monitoring what I do does that mean I can't play games that I purchased?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
confirmation of this shit just lost my business.

optical discs are either physical media that I own or converyors of data that I am licensed to use. Not both as it suits the vendor.

The issue with how they are doing this now is that the games don't play from the actual disk. You have to install it on your device. In other words, you don't need the disk to play it and someone could just lend you the disk, install it and they now have the game. It's the same concept as any other software you would have to purchase and install.

Do I like it? No and I have no idea why they decided to do things this way to begin with. It will hurt companies such as gamestop and redbox that either buy and sell used games or rent out games and it will kill companies such as Game Fly that strictly have a subscription service for games. Not to mention the fact a lot of people won't buy some games because a lot of the times I've bought games is because a friend brought it over and it turned out I really liked the game and went and bought it.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This very well could be the death of microsoft gaming, everyone I know is buying Playstations now.