• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NCAA CFB 13 thread

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this...through my first 3 games...

I pounded Michigan 44-3.

Then WESTERN KENTUCKY.....I beat 16-0. Tha Fuck is WKU doing being competitive with me and Bama?

Then I just lost to Arkansas 24-14....cause I threw FIVE picks with AJ. :L Those defenders don't drop shit in this game man..lol.

I also found a nice gem in recruiting. One of my team needs is center, so I got two centers, one was a 4 star the other a 3 star. Well after scouting the 3 star, who was originally projected at 67 overall, he's now a 77 and tied with the 4 star. So I struck gold there.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolltide what level is your game on?

In my dynasty Alabama is surprisingly struggling. They lost 34-24 to Michigan and they barely beat WKU. It was like 17-14.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ive gotten a few wins but have been thumped in my losses. haha. I think im gonna play some unranked games and some on my dynasty before going against the big boys for awhile. hahaha

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolltide what level is your game on?

In my dynasty Alabama is surprisingly struggling. They lost 34-24 to Michigan and they barely beat WKU. It was like 17-14.

I'm on All-American right now, I usually move up to Heisman after getting used to the new game. I dominated Michigan and Ole Miss, but I couldn't beat Arky.

I think in this game you just gotta be extra careful not to throw to a covered receiver. I was throwing a lot of dumb passes early in that Arky game and let them get a big lead on me, then when I started making better decisions it was a little too late.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on All-American right now, I usually move up to Heisman after getting used to the new game. I dominated Michigan and Ole Miss, but I couldn't beat Arky.

I think in this game you just gotta be extra careful not to throw to a covered receiver. I was throwing a lot of dumb passes early in that Arky game and let them get a big lead on me, then when I started making better decisions it was a little too late.

Yah the game is ruthless when it comes to picking off passes, it used to only pick of the very poorly thrown balls, now the CPU makes some insane catches for interceptions. Needless to say I've thrown more pick 6 s in this game than all the others combined.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Im rolling through my dynasty (i focus more on the recuiting and do a bunch of simulating quarters) but the picks are killing me online.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im surprised there arent more people here playing the game.

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Get this...through my first 3 games...

I pounded Michigan 44-3.

Then WESTERN KENTUCKY.....I beat 16-0. Tha Fuck is WKU doing being competitive with me and Bama?

Then I just lost to Arkansas 24-14....cause I threw FIVE picks with AJ. :L Those defenders don't drop shit in this game man..lol.

I also found a nice gem in recruiting. One of my team needs is center, so I got two centers, one was a 4 star the other a 3 star. Well after scouting the 3 star, who was originally projected at 67 overall, he's now a 77 and tied with the 4 star. So I struck gold there.

This is what I always hated about NCAA games. You can dominate a top 25 team one minute and then a scrub comes in and pushes you around. EA really needs to go back to the drawing board and remake this series from the ground up.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised there arent more people here playing the game.

I was away for the weekend, but had a copy waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home last night. Started my road to glory and am currently only 5 games in. Can't wait for a weekend where I can just relax and play this, I haven't been home for a weekend in the past 5 weeks and I have plans for the next 3. I love the summer, but shit is crazy!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was away for the weekend, but had a copy waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home last night. Started my road to glory and am currently only 5 games in. Can't wait for a weekend where I can just relax and play this, I haven't been home for a weekend in the past 5 weeks and I have plans for the next 3. I love the summer, but shit is crazy!

Im getting my playing time in now because my "2nd job" is seasonal and kicks off on the 23rd, so im trying to get in these last few days before "shit gets crazy" for me. haha

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question (for people who have played online before):

I just played my first game and the guy quit. I assumed that would count as an L for him and a W for me, but my profile shows "0" wins.

It gave me the option to finish against the computer and I did, is this why it didnt count?

Not sure if you got an answer yet, but I read on EA sports that you have to finish the game against the computer to get the win. Otherwise it counts as you disconnecting also.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I just finished my first game online.....LOST.

I don't mind losing, but what pisses me off is the sorry SOB that was beating me by 10 points with less than a minute to go was running a hurry up offense, trying to score again. How fucked is that?!

I would've ran the clock out.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im doing a dynasty with Indiana....The throwing into coveraged pisses me off the most as it's always a pick. The defender sees the pass coming and he sags off and gets the pick every time.

Currently 7-2 with losses to Ohio State and Illinois (wtf)

I usually sim defense. But of the times I have played defense in this game, for some reason tackling seems harder?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see the INT problem you guys seem to. I'll admit they do catch it more when they defend the play, but that's still very seldom if you carefully adjust your formations/routes.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not sure if you got an answer yet, but I read on EA sports that you have to finish the game against the computer to get the win. Otherwise it counts as you disconnecting also.

actually it didnt count because i was playing an "unranked" game. In a ranked game it tells you what your options are when the other person quits. I think you can go ahead and quit but Im not 100% sure on that.

I've got a couple DNF's because I lost connection, so I bought a new router in hopes that will fix it. :noidea:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any issue with the game freezing in the menu's? Right after I press start at the main menu and you go through the arch, my game just freezes. Have tried resetting several times now and it keeps happening in the same spot.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great now im 7-2 online cause of my shitty connection kicking me out of Live

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone have any issue with the game freezing in the menu's? Right after I press start at the main menu and you go through the arch, my game just freezes. Have tried resetting several times now and it keeps happening in the same spot.

Only had one freeze and that was in dynasty mode, after the game ended it froze on the loading screen.

BTW im now below .500 :doh: hope to turn it around soon.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game hasn't froze completely, but through out game play the game will temporarily freeze from time to time, like if I go no huddle multiple times it will pause for a second. Freaks me out because I think it will then freeze, but these little pauses have been a problem for years with EA. I don't understand how they haven't fixed them. Games freezing seem like they should be an issue from the early 2000's. Should be glitch free by now.

Anyways, I have never had this much issues this far into dynasty mode with difficulty. I am playing All-American and doing a dynasty with Indiana. I went 9-4 in year 1 and then 10-3 year 2. I've gotten steam rolled by Ohio State and Wisconsin and in my bowl game to Texas AM. If my QB comes out and throws 1 INT, it seems like it is contagious and he will throw 6 in a game.

But usually when i've played 26 games on All-American it usually becomes easier no matter if I am Southern Indiana Tech Community College or Florida, I can usually beat up the computer easily. But apparently this years game is more difficult? Because I have yet to have a convincing win over a respectable program. This past season I scathed by Penn State with FG's only winning 16-14.

I don't know, maybe I am just getting old and have lost my touch, or is this game's CPU a little more difficult to others?