• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd Richards death watch

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he last through the weekend?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch them beat Chicago, then it buys him like 5 more games. Regardless, I doubt we see any action before the 10 game mark. Although if anyone understands the cruelty of a slow start it's Columbus. The metro is putrid though, so they could have one good week and be back in the thick of it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch them beat Chicago, then it buys him like 5 more games. Regardless, I doubt we see any action before the 10 game mark. Although if anyone understands the cruelty of a slow start it's Columbus. The metro is putrid though, so they could have one good week and be back in the thick of it.
I know I'm supposed to want the Leafs to win, but that first round pick for Kessel is lotto protected so think your men could make easy work of Bernier tonight?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Denis Savard fired by the Hawks after four games one season? I bet Todd Richards can't even do a spin-a-rama.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is who is available. Torts, Carlyle and now (apparently) Iron Mike. blech

The team doesn't seem to think that Hartsburg is the answer for whatever reason.

They look bad against Chicago (even if they win) and I think he's done. It's not really about the losing, it's the way they lose. Mental mistakes, no confidence in the system, no emotion from the bench, quitting on plays, etc. And when shit gets bad, all he knows how to do is trade wingers from line to line.

Simply put, Richards cannot push the players to right the ship. He lost the room last year, and now it seems he had no part of what they did late last season to recover their dignity.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear fucking God, most of the Jackets fanbase seems to want Tortorella because he "holds player accountable".

Fucking hell.

There's a difference between "accountable" and "Humiliated".

"JOHANSEN! YOU'RE SOFT! YOUR SHOT BLOCKING IS SHIT AND YOUR PENALTY KILLING IS PATHETIC!"
"Sorry coach, I have been on the PK since Squirt Major"
"NO EXCUSE YOU PIECE OF SHIT! YOU WANT TO BE A STAR? PLAY LIKE A STAR!"

*Joey walks to phone*
"Kurt? It's Ryan. Can I start a hold out and demand a trade in the middle of a season? Yes? Sweet. See you tomorrow."

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no... already looking a little sickly and his skin looks splotchy and rash-covered. NOT good.

2dvkhmw.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the post game discussion....

"The team looked like they had some jump until the Hawks got two quick goals. Did you view that as the turning point and the start of you losing control of the game?"

TR: "I think our goaltender played great."

Jesus tapdancing Christ, he can't even focus on a question.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear fucking God, most of the Jackets fanbase seems to want Tortorella because he "holds player accountable".

Fucking hell.

"JOHANSEN! YOU'RE SOFT! YOUR SHOT BLOCKING IS SHIT AND YOUR PENALTY KILLING IS PATHETIC!"

*Joey walks to phone*
"Kurt? It's Ryan. Can I start a hold out and demand a trade in the middle of a season? Yes? Sweet. See you tomorrow."

This conversation is completely unrealistic. Johansen grew up in BC so it's "atom", not "squirt"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Fucking hell.

*Joey walks to phone*
I was hopeful that it would be a shock to the system as well. problem was, he was just a fucking awful coach.
I have mercifully blocked out most of the details, but as an example, he reportedly did not speak a single word to Alex Burrows for a full two months into the season.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laviolette was fired by the Flyers after 3 games, too.

What a missed opportunity. Richards was losing the room right around the time Lavy was on the market. If we had him last year and this one? Damn.

Oh, and this was picked up on Chicago's feed last night.

That's Boone Jenner saying "Oh Fuck Off" after Johnson misses a puck on the wall and Panarin gets a breakaway.

Considerable speculation that the statement was aimed at Johnson, and not just an exclamation of disgust. Notice at the end of the play, he gives JJ the evil eye.

Todd, how do you get control of the room?
Richards_buffalo.1_350x197_543182403696.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's probably fired by the end of the month if they don't pick things up soon.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Jacques Martin is up to......