• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TKO's Money League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird draft for me this year. I went in thinking I'd have 3 WR in the first 5 rounds, hope for Luck in the 6th and take it from there. Things unfolded differently, and I was directed in another path. By my round 5 pick, there were 10 QB's taken!
I have a huge risk at QB, and my WR3 is sketchy... the problem is, I don't think I made up for it at RB...or did I? Obviously, my TE spot will make or break my season.

League: 12 teams, 6-point QB pass, Standard elsewhere.

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, DST -- 8 BENCH

(most teams will start 3 WR each week, maybe the odd team will throw two TE's now and again)

10th pick...snake

1. Calvin Johnson - Like I said, wanted to start WR heavy. (Foster was here, Lynch and Rice)
2. Arian Foster - Wow. Aiming straight at Dez, AJ or Marshall, and Foster falls around the turn to rattle me.
3. Rob Gronkowski - Passed on DMC (who I have in 3 leagues), Gore and Roddy White.
4. Vincent Jackson - V-Jax was the last of the top 12. All but 4 teams have 2 RB's, figured the rest would fall.
5. Giovani Bernard - Took him over Lamar Miller, glad he "just" made it to me, as far as the draft board ranks.
6. Ahmad Bradshaw - RB is dwindling and I know I'm giving up Luck by doing this...
7. Shane Vereen - This round had Ball and Bell go, Torrey and T.Y.H go, didn't like the WR3 value left over.
8. Ben Tate - Couldn't chance it any further, with 18 picks until it gets back to me.
9. Austin Miles - Over Lance Moore, Stevie J... passed on Pierce too (Rice owner behind me...and he got him).
10. Michael Vick - Okay, Rounds 4 and 5 had two owners double up their QB's. Stafford, Romo and them in the 4th was too early for me. I'm fine with the risk/reward here in the 10th.... probably have to fix this position up at some point though.
11. Knowshon Moreno - Still don't like WR value, as they are going like flies. Another dart thrown at a RB.
12. Fred Davis - Had to grab a Gronk bridge, and Davis could prove worthy in my WR byes all year.
13. Cowboys - I think they might surprise this year.
14. Falcons - Matchup well with the Boys and are very decent.
15. Mohamed Sanu - 4th WR, I'm sure I'll be playing the wire. I like to have a "free spot".
16. Josh Freeman - Missed on Palmer and Bradford... be nice if I only need him in Week 12.
17. Dan Bailey - Kicker.

Week 1 will probably look like this...

Vick
Foster
Bradshaw
Calvin
Vincent
Miles
Davis
Bailey
Cowboys

Bernard
Vereen
Tate
Moreno
Sanu
Gronk
Freeman
Falcons

Prayers - Vick and Gronk
Quantity, not quality - RB depth
Top heavy, no depth - WR situation

ehh, maybe C+

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. Ahmad Bradshaw - RB is dwindling and I know I'm giving up Luck by doing this...

apologies... Luck went before Giovani... Bradshaw was my Jordy Nelson pass. So I'll be looking at that (Bradshaw vs Nelson) all year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think come Week 5 your top 5 picks will be stellar. Only starting 2 RBs I would certainly have taken a QB in the 6th, especially with some owners doubling up at QB, unless the top 12 were already gone.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I picked Gio, 10 QB's were off the board. Could have went with Russell Wilson in the 6th, otherwise, it was Eli, Dalton, Vick and the rest, but with only Foster and Gio, I wanted to grab another back instead.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect you'll miss Wilson, and Bradshaw will (or should) hardly ever start for you.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Davis is an interesting pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird draft for me this year. I went in thinking I'd have 3 WR in the first 5 rounds, hope for Luck in the 6th and take it from there. Things unfolded differently, and I was directed in another path. By my round 5 pick, there were 10 QB's taken!
I have a huge risk at QB, and my WR3 is sketchy... the problem is, I don't think I made up for it at RB...or did I? Obviously, my TE spot will make or break my season.

League: 12 teams, 6-point QB pass, Standard elsewhere.

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, DST -- 8 BENCH

(most teams will start 3 WR each week, maybe the odd team will throw two TE's now and again)

10th pick...snake

1. Calvin Johnson - Like I said, wanted to start WR heavy. (Foster was here, Lynch and Rice)
2. Arian Foster - Wow. Aiming straight at Dez, AJ or Marshall, and Foster falls around the turn to rattle me.
3. Rob Gronkowski - Passed on DMC (who I have in 3 leagues), Gore and Roddy White.
4. Vincent Jackson - V-Jax was the last of the top 12. All but 4 teams have 2 RB's, figured the rest would fall.
5. Giovani Bernard - Took him over Lamar Miller, glad he "just" made it to me, as far as the draft board ranks.
7. Shane Vereen - This round had Ball and Bell go, Torrey and T.Y.H go, didn't like the WR3 value left over.
8. Ben Tate - Couldn't chance it any further, with 18 picks until it gets back to me.
9. Austin Miles - Over Lance Moore, Stevie J... passed on Pierce too (Rice owner behind me...and he got him).
10. Michael Vick - Okay, Rounds 4 and 5 had two owners double up their QB's. Stafford, Romo and them in the 4th was too early for me. I'm fine with the risk/reward here in the 10th.... probably have to fix this position up at some point though.
11. Knowshon Moreno - Still don't like WR value, as they are going like flies. Another dart thrown at a RB.
12. Fred Davis - Had to grab a Gronk bridge, and Davis could prove worthy in my WR byes all year.
13. Cowboys - I think they might surprise this year.
14. Falcons - Matchup well with the Boys and are very decent.
15. Mohamed Sanu - 4th WR, I'm sure I'll be playing the wire. I like to have a "free spot".
16. Josh Freeman - Missed on Palmer and Bradford... be nice if I only need him in Week 12.
17. Dan Bailey - Kicker.

Week 1 will probably look like this...

Vick
Foster
Bradshaw
Calvin
Vincent
Miles
Davis
Bailey
Cowboys

Bernard
Vereen
Tate
Moreno
Sanu
Gronk
Freeman
Falcons

Prayers - Vick and Gronk
Quantity, not quality - RB depth
Top heavy, no depth - WR situation

ehh, maybe C+

I like this team a lot once Gronk and Foster get rolling. If you can play .500 over the first 4 weeks, you will be really hard to beat down the stretch.

I know nobody will agree with this, but I actually think Vick will outperform all the QBs you would have drafted in round 4. He looked scary good in the preseason and is a perfect fit for Chip Kelly's offense. If he can stay healthy (big if I know) he will be a top 6 QB.

If I am right on Vick and if either Bernard or Bradshaw turn into every week starters (I think they both will) you will be crushing your opposition with advantages at every skill position. This team has scary upside, all be it with a ton of risk.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I be worried that neither of my starting running backs for week 1 have yet to touch the ball in the preseason that is now behind us? Thought about a sneaky Vereen play (thinking a lot of points will be put up in Buffalo), but...

Gulp.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster should be fine, but I'd worry about Bradshaw missing time when Ballard has been adequate and knows the system. I'd play Bernard instead of Bradshaw. (But then I'm high on Bernard.)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need 30 from Vick, Foster and Davis.. opponent has nobody left.

Thanks Will, you talked me out of Bradshaw, but I left Gio on the bench too, and went with Vereen... didn't expect a Ridley benching though!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up starting Vereen over Gio in one of my money leagues, too. Half-point PPR made the decision easier.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradshaw was my Jordy Nelson pass. So I'll be looking at that (Bradshaw vs Nelson) all year.

I would be laughing right now if I just went the other way in round 5! Still doing alright, and winning this week, (up by 30, he has Golden Tate), but looking back sucks sometimes!!!

Not to mention dropping Dalton instead of Ben prior to this week (needed a WR stream, and didn't want to drop my stashed DSTs).... hope my Locker pickup works out.

As the roster stands now... (like anyone cares... just wanted to grab this thread because I'm puking over that Bradshaw over Nelson pick.

QB - Locker (Ben will be dropped this week)
RB - Foster (dropped Tate and his ribs)
RB - Bernard (not much the last couple weeks) -- also -- Ridley, Vereen, Ivory
WR - Calvin (monsters aren't scary when you own them) -- will stream a WR for his bye next week)
WR - Dez (keep your head on Dez)
WR - Alshon (worthy of first name basis? ...hmm, rather have Jordy) -- had Kerley here this week, will stream)
TE - Gronk (WTF is up with the Pats?)
K - Akers (dumped Bailey two weeks ago, been streaming unsuccessfully)
DST - Steelers (might drop them this week, might be able to hold on, but...)

...bench DSTs are TEN, HOU, CLE (just traded Andre Brown for them)... here they are in order, I get the Jags 5 times! hopefully the Texans can shut down the Raiders (still a possibility I stream one more somehow, trying to get the Cards from another owner, he's not biting)

Titans (9-@StL, 10-Jac), Texans (11-Oak, 12-Jac), Browns (13-Jac), Texans (14-@Jac), Titans (15-Ari, 16-@Jac)

**we carry 8 bench spots, hence the availability for stashing multiple defenses, something I like to do when my starters are clear**

not that anyone cares... just sayin' :)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be laughing right now if I just went the other way in round 5!

yeah, Jordy went at the turn of R5/R6, pretty sure Gio would have been there for me on the way back!!! :gaah:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a bye this week, thank goodness. But lost Gronk in the process. Not much left on waivers, this should be fun!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go!

QB - Rivers
RB - Vereen
RB - Bernard or Tate
WR - Calvin
WR - Dez
WR - Alshon
TE - Pitta or Tamme
DST - Lions (or Titans?)
K - Gano

...any thoughts on my two questions?? RB2 and TE?

...I know I have other threads out there, but thought I'd put it all together here. :)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm glad I went with Pitta, but Rivers disappointed, and to make things worse, I lost a point on Rivers' kneel down at the end of the game! ... hope Tannehill doesn't go off this weekend.

As of now, I'm going with Tate over Bernard and the Lions over the Titans...and I do have the Browns at home against a rusty Cutler on the bench too. ? ...playoff fantasy football is stressful!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm glad I went with Pitta, but Rivers disappointed, and to make things worse, I lost a point on Rivers' kneel down at the end of the game! ... hope Tannehill doesn't go off this weekend.

As of now, I'm going with Tate over Bernard and the Lions over the Titans...and I do have the Browns at home against a rusty Cutler on the bench too. ? ...playoff fantasy football is stressful!
Looks right to me and yeah I could see Cutler throwing a pick or two, or three............but I think the Lions are a safer bet.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Cowboys and Patriots even more now!! (if that's possible)

Playing against Brady and Amendola, and I started Vereen... bad for me all around. Dez did alright, but the Cowboys meltdown in the 2nd half was gold for my opponents, Lacy and Nelson and Crosby! I am so fucking pissed right now... now I need 53 points from Calvin, Pitta and the Lions DST to pull out a victory.

disgusted.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now I need 53 points from Calvin, Pitta and the Lions DST to pull out a victory.

actually, 51 ... Vereen had a fumble lost during the game, but it has been taken away, I didn't see it so I can't comment... but it's hard looking at the bench Rivers and Vereen out and Tannehill and Bernard in, and I'd be looking at 30 points tonight for the win, which is very doable... so frustrating!

:gaah: