• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Titans at Broncos

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok this sucks.

We're kinda playing like crap here. Totally got smoked on that 4th and 1 by Tennessee.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad defense and bad special teams. What else is new. Long way to go at least.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah not looking good so far. That hole Greene had on the TD run was crazy we need a TD before half.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense and special teams look terrible so far.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed that score before half. Manning playing great so far. Defense needs to step up.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go D. We've got time to do something here

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice TD to Thomas and the D stands up now lets get a score before half.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed that score before half. Manning playing great so far. Defense needs to step up.

Keep in mind the defense's performance is going to appear skewed because of that huge special teams play that set up the Titans on 1st and Goal. The defense is not playing great, no doubt, but it is not dismal either.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great drive to start the 2nd half. Manning looks great. Time to D up now.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by the Broncos. The offense was great plus no turnovers. Manning was on target all game. The defense had a few bad plays but solid overall. Prater what a kick. The special teams could use a little work as well on coverage. Great game and short week with the Chargers. Go Broncos!!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start out 21-10, finish 41-7 for total score of 51-28. Manning with just shy of 400 passing yards and 4 TDs. The runners combined for over 150 yards on the ground.

The defense had a couple ugly plays, as well as special teams. But the defense (as usual) also made a few game changing plays helped send this game toward the Broncos.

Prater's 64 yarder was awesome.

The Broncos have scored over 50 points for the third time this year. They have scored a total of 515 points, breaking the 1998 team record of 501. And there are still 3 games remaining!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few notes on this game...I'll start out negative then head towards the positive to end it. Defensively obviously we all saw the Broncos give up some big plays. That is exactly what cost us last year in the playoffs and we seem to still struggle with it. I will say though the Broncos were substituting more than I have ever seen them in a game. DRC played only a handful of snaps, Ihenacho was out for a big part of the game, even Woodyard was out a big chunk of the game. Throw in Wolfe being gone, Champ being out, and Moore obviously out and I would say we played at least 2/3's of that game with over half our starters out. The coaches looked like they realize we have a quick turn around with a game on Thursday and were making sure to rest the players that have missed time this season. So all those substitutions usually mean miscommunications on the defensive side of the ball. This also happens on Special Teams when a team is down a few players in there are more substitutions on the Special Teams side of game which I think is a big reason we saw the big return.

Something also seems to be up with Webster lately. The guy has played his worst football of the season lately and just looks like he has lost some of that swagger he had earlier.

Now to the positive...Sylvester Williams finally showed up quite a bit in this game. He was breaking through on a few occasions with a big hit on Fitzpatrick and a big run stuff. He also got a big holding call which is just about as good as a sack. He and Unrein both are stepping up when we need them most.

Defensively also we again got to see the Defense step up when we needed them most. 2nd week in a row with a big 4th down stop and then again with a couple key turnovers to make sure our offense can just put the game away.

Offensively is there anything I can really say that the scoreboard doesn't already? Peyton looked what I thought was the best he has since week one. His ankles haven't taken a big shot in weeks and to me he looks to be about as healthy as I have seen him since about week 5. He is able to drive off that back foot again and the velocity on his throws has just dramatically improved. Decker has looked like a man possessed lately. I wonder if somebody told him a couple of weeks ago stop being a baby trying to get the PI calls and just go fight for the football. He has just stepped up big time.

One final thought...Good to see the run game really rounding into form for the playoffs. Moreno and Ball are just playing lights out. Ball finally looks like the game has slowed down for him and is hitting the hole with authority. He is breaking some arm tackles that we haven't seen from a Bronco running back for a while and is just fighting for those extra yards that we so desperately needed in last year's playoff game. Moreno just looks like he has finally found an offense that fits his game perfectly. Also shout out to the OL for just dominating in both pass and rush protection in this one. They have now had the same group together since about week what 6 or 7 and they look like they are starting to gel together.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few notes on this game...I'll start out negative then head towards the positive to end it. Defensively obviously we all saw the Broncos give up some big plays. That is exactly what cost us last year in the playoffs and we seem to still struggle with it. I will say though the Broncos were substituting more than I have ever seen them in a game. DRC played only a handful of snaps, Ihenacho was out for a big part of the game, even Woodyard was out a big chunk of the game. Throw in Wolfe being gone, Champ being out, and Moore obviously out and I would say we played at least 2/3's of that game with over half our starters out. The coaches looked like they realize we have a quick turn around with a game on Thursday and were making sure to rest the players that have missed time this season. So all those substitutions usually mean miscommunications on the defensive side of the ball. This also happens on Special Teams when a team is down a few players in there are more substitutions on the Special Teams side of game which I think is a big reason we saw the big return.

Something also seems to be up with Webster lately. The guy has played his worst football of the season lately and just looks like he has lost some of that swagger he had earlier.

Now to the positive...Sylvester Williams finally showed up quite a bit in this game. He was breaking through on a few occasions with a big hit on Fitzpatrick and a big run stuff. He also got a big holding call which is just about as good as a sack. He and Unrein both are stepping up when we need them most.

Defensively also we again got to see the Defense step up when we needed them most. 2nd week in a row with a big 4th down stop and then again with a couple key turnovers to make sure our offense can just put the game away.

Offensively is there anything I can really say that the scoreboard doesn't already? Peyton looked what I thought was the best he has since week one. His ankles haven't taken a big shot in weeks and to me he looks to be about as healthy as I have seen him since about week 5. He is able to drive off that back foot again and the velocity on his throws has just dramatically improved. Decker has looked like a man possessed lately. I wonder if somebody told him a couple of weeks ago stop being a baby trying to get the PI calls and just go fight for the football. He has just stepped up big time.

One final thought...Good to see the run game really rounding into form for the playoffs. Moreno and Ball are just playing lights out. Ball finally looks like the game has slowed down for him and is hitting the hole with authority. He is breaking some arm tackles that we haven't seen from a Bronco running back for a while and is just fighting for those extra yards that we so desperately needed in last year's playoff game. Moreno just looks like he has finally found an offense that fits his game perfectly. Also shout out to the OL for just dominating in both pass and rush protection in this one. They have now had the same group together since about week what 6 or 7 and they look like they are starting to gel together.

Some good observations. Also think it's worth noting the impact Miller had, since he seemed to be pretty lack luster last week, following his monster game at NE and I feel like our fortune going forward is likely to rely heavily on him making plays.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also realize that defense gave up a total of 254 net yards. 96 on the ground, and 158 passing (172 gross yards + 2 sacks).

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also realize that defense gave up a total of 254 net yards. 96 on the ground, and 158 passing (172 gross yards + 2 sacks).

Earlier in the year when I mentioned how many yards Denver's defense was giving up everyone told me it was about points now all of a sudden its about yards. Which one is it? Denver gave up 28 points and yes bad special teams had something to do with one of the scores but no way around it 28 points is to much. Even Tom Jackson mentioned last night the defense must get better. The defense and special teams have to get betterand I believe they will. Still Denver is the team to beat in the AFC. I see a Super Bowl appearence in the near future.