• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to play like AL champs Game Thread (Vs Jays)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romey I came on with you all in 2010 when we were posting on Espn. The one troll I can remember is the dude that tried to be funny with his Ranger nation quotes. Think he was really a Yankee fan. Maybe you remember

If you've been around that long and not noticed how ridiculously negative all of jaar's posts are I can't help you. There's plenty who have.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happens when Wash lets his hitters hit! Rangers survive all the sac bunt and ridiculous "percentage" moves by Wash. Great lineup. Great bullpen. Average starting pitching. Poor in-game manager. That's the Rangers. But hey they won. I'll take it. What a finish!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happens when Wash lets his hitters hit! Rangers survive all the sac bunt and ridiculous "percentage" moves by Wash. Great lineup. Great bullpen. Average starting pitching. Poor in-game manager. That's the Rangers. But hey they won. I'll take it. What a finish!

The rangers starting pitching is very good, and he made the right calls on the sac bunts. The hitters were their own worst enemy. But, way to muster up a semi positive post.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a game! Only the Rangers can go 1 for 15 with men in scoring position, screw up numerous times with easy chances to win it, commit two errors to go down by 2, then walk off with a victory with a walk, double, and home run in dramatic fashion like its no problem at all. I told my wife that it was going to take a HR to win it today after all of the failed attempts at bringing home runs with singles or sac flies. Sure enough, Josh obliged.

While I absolutely love all of our big killers who can go yard at any moment, I sometimes wish we had better situational/RBI-single/sac fly hitting. Today's one of those days. But hey, a win's a win!! I only wish Irakashi could pitch again tomorrow for Toronto.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you've been around that long and not noticed how ridiculously negative all of jaar's posts are I can't help you. There's plenty who have.

Have been on and off. Just pay attention to you and a few others who are die-hards like myself. I appreciate the dialogue with you. Great win tonite. Lets keep it going

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a game! Only the Rangers can go 1 for 15 with men in scoring position, screw up numerous times with easy chances to win it, commit two errors to go down by 2, then walk off with a victory with a walk, double, and home run in dramatic fashion like its no problem at all. I told my wife that it was going to take a HR to win it today after all of the failed attempts at bringing home runs with singles or sac flies. Sure enough, Josh obliged.

While I absolutely love all of our big killers who can go yard at any moment, I sometimes wish we had better situational/RBI-single/sac fly hitting. Today's one of those days. But hey, a win's a win!! I only wish Irakashi could pitch again tomorrow for Toronto.

Well, at least their bullpen is completely decimated for tomorrows game. It's just nice to actually win a series against Toronto.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been on and off. Just pay attention to you and a few others who are die-hards like myself. I appreciate the dialogue with you. Great win tonite. Lets keep it going

Absolutely. Just would like to see the team play a little more consistently. Hopefully this is the beginning of a big winning tear.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least their bullpen is completely decimated for tomorrows game. It's just nice to actually win a series against Toronto.

Absolutely! Frasor, Irakashi, and Oliver are definitely out for tomorrow, and I would guess that Janssen's not pitching either unless they absolutely need him for the save. Maybe we'll get a heavy dose of Choke-o Cordero since he didn't throw that many pitches today.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were no less than 4 innings with a runner in scoring position when a Rangers hitter failed to produce. Two by the FOF, and you're bitching about in game managment? Unreal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to see the game today but it sounds like it was a good one. Nice to see them put some wins together, especially against Toronto. I really don't like them.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the bat out of Elvis' hands just to set up the IBB to Josh is counter-productive. And I would never ph a sick Napoli over a hot Moreland when Nap is only hitting 17 points higher than Mitch against left-handers. Yes, the Rangers were abysmal with RISP, but to take the bat out of Elvis' hands 3 times to no avail and then watch him deliver in the 13th when finally allowed to swing away is a bit irksome. All that said, Rangers got the win. And I'm hardly the only one on this board questioning Wash's in-game management.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Taking the bat out of Elvis' hands just to set up the IBB to Josh is counter-productive. And I would never ph a sick Napoli over a hot Moreland when Nap is only hitting 17 points higher than Mitch against left-handers. Yes, the Rangers were abysmal with RISP, but to take the bat out of Elvis' hands 3 times to no avail and then watch him deliver in the 13th when finally allowed to swing away is a bit irksome. All that said, Rangers got the win. And I'm hardly the only one on this board questioning Wash's in-game management.

First time I think I have ever agreed with you at least to a point. Makes little sense to have one of the top AL OBP batters sac bunting in front of the MLB HR and RBI leader.

Finally in the 13th Wash let Elvis hit and ... ta da! Maybe we are done with seeing the sac bunt offense at least for awhile. Sure got a heavey workout of failure today.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry pal, but there is no safety in numbers on this subject. 6.5 game division lead in 2012 backed up by two AL Championships and better YOY record every year Wash has been here.
It's kinda like bitching about Josh Hamilton's strike zone recognition. Just enjoy the end result.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry pal, but there is no safety in numbers on this subject. 6.5 game division lead in 2012 backed up by two AL Championships and better YOY record every year Wash has been here.
It's kinda like bitching about Josh Hamilton's strike zone recognition. Just enjoy the end result.

Chuuuuurch!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sweet!! Bout time we kicked the shit out of Toronto.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu vs. CJ II is slated for Saturday I believe....

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things. Would love to see Yu get a shutout and for us to sweep the Mariners so we can go into LA next weekend with some mometum.

Well no shutout for Darvish, but it looks like he's pitching very well.