• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Williams (Alabama) arrested

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused by this staes laws on Guns. You dont have to have a license to buy a gun, but to take it out of your home you need a license. Seems a bit odd and backwards, but at any rate what Williams did is the equivalent of having something in his car that he is allowed to own, just not take out of the house.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know in Georgia that your car is considered an extension of your home. No permit required.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell in Georgia the only permit you need is if you want to conceal carry. You don't need anything to strap a holster in public...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charges will be dropped.

He legally purchased the gun and he actually does have a temporary permit to carry it, but he didn't have the permit on him. He had his receipt but didn't have the paper permit on him.

Pretty much all he will have to do is show he was legal and the charges will be dropped.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows who's fault this really is:
:urbs::D

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with Bama players and gun/pot? Isn't there anything better to do for these guys? I understand the pot part, and before the Bama fans say, he had nothing to do with it -- if u went to college, you know that is a lie.

That being said, is Tuscaloosa the wild, Wild West that these kids need to be armed?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know in Georgia that your car is considered an extension of your home. No permit required.
They're working on that here too. The bill passed the Senate last year but didn't make it past the House but I think they're trying again.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with Bama players and gun/pot? Isn't there anything better to do for these guys? I understand the pot part, and before the Bama fans say, he had nothing to do with it -- if u went to college, you know that is a lie.

That being said, is Tuscaloosa the wild, Wild West that these kids need to be armed?
I live in a nice area yet never leave the house without my pistol. It's more of "rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it" type of thing. I hope I never have to use it but it's there if such an occasion should arise.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in a nice area yet never leave the house without my pistol. It's more of "rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it" type of thing. I hope I never have to use it but it's there if such an occasion should arise.
I have no issue if you have a house and a family. We r talking about college kids living on a college campus, playing college football. These are 19, 20, 21 year old scholarship athletes.

Just seems really bizarre to have multiple guys busted for the same thing. It doesn't shine a very good light on Tuscaloosa, if college students feel the need to be armed on campus?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will come of it. No playing time will be missed and the charges will be dropped. Just like what happened with all of the other Bama players that were arrested over the course of the past few months.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue if you have a house and a family. We r talking about college kids living on a college campus, playing college football. These are 19, 20, 21 year old scholarship athletes.

Just seems really bizarre to have multiple guys busted for the same thing. It doesn't shine a very good light on Tuscaloosa, if college students feel the need to be armed on campus?
Not really a bad image for Tuscaloosa and others like it. In the south (and here in the oil patch), most people assume everyone else carries...even in very, very safe areas. Hell, when it became illegal to have firearms at schools, the biggest problem arose from schools in very safe rural areas. A lot of kids drove their pickups to school with the rifle fully displayed in the gun rack in front of the rear window. Need 'em to shoot critters on the way to/from school ya know.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AKA accidentally running into an Auburn fan or Droider?:noidea:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a bad image for Tuscaloosa and others like it. In the south (and here in the oil patch), most people assume everyone else carries...even in very, very safe areas. Hell, when it became illegal to have firearms at schools, the biggest problem arose from schools in very safe rural areas. A lot of kids drove their pickups to school with the rifle fully displayed in the gun rack in front of the rear window. Need 'em to shoot critters on the way to/from school ya know.

Interesting. Very different world from where I grew up and I live literally 10 minutes from Detroit. I can count on two fingers how many people I know who have their CCW and I went to two different colleges in two different parts of Michigan and never once met someone or even knew of anyone with a gun. It wasn't something that was even brought up or talked about.

Now hunting rifles or hunting bows -- I definitely saw those and even had some country bumpkins take me out shining.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this environment, with players taking knees during the National Anthem, and especially given the reasons they are dong it - it really boggles the mind that a person would put himself in this situation.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking retard.
Can you carry a pistol in the glove box in Bama? I know in SC, as long as it is in a closed compartment that requires some sort of mechanical device to open it, you can carry it. Under the seat, NO, but in the glovebox or in the armrest, which has a latch system to open, yes, and you don't have to have a permit.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Very different world from where I grew up and I live literally 10 minutes from Detroit. I can count on two fingers how many people I know who have their CCW and I went to two different colleges in two different parts of Michigan and never once met someone or even knew of anyone with a gun. It wasn't something that was even brought up or talked about.

Now hunting rifles or hunting bows -- I definitely saw those and even had some country bumpkins take me out shining.
Yep. Very contrasting huh? I'd say only two homes on my entire block DON'T have a handgun in the home. And one of those two couldn't pass the sanity test and doesn't need one!

You very rarely see them except when you see people out at the range practicing. Target shooting is a lot of people's hobby around here. Along with spotlighting...or shining...as I assume you were alluding to.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what are you even talking about? He didn't have drug charges.