• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tight End Torching predictions

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 7 weeks. Todd Bowles has yet to pick up on the obvious fact that Tight Ends are destroying his defense in the red zone and on other crucial plays. It happens every single week, but he does nothing to address it.

He probably felt he had an excuse when it was most glaring seeing Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis do it, but Rams tight ends did it and last week Seattle Tight Ends did it to them twice. The one guy I'd never even heard of...but he's a tight end...and word is out...so Carroll trotted him out there and he caught a TD.

TONY GONZALEZ might be licking his chops. How many catches does Tony have? TDs? I'm thinking 8-10 catches and 2 TDs. Who are ATL's other Tight Ends? They probably don't see much action, but what better time to set one loose than now?

Bowles...get your head out of your ass!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So frustrating...Every frigging week.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has to give up his stats. He has to spy on qbs and play back basically a hybrid LB and Safety. Bowels isn't using Washington right at all but that's also because hes forced to Dansby cant cover anyone.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd revisit this....it's not been 13 weeks and Bowles has still yet to figure out he needs to gameplan to cover Tight Ends when they are in the Red Zone. Philly gets 3 TDs to TEs yesterday. WORD HAS BEEN OUT!!! Newsflash, Bowles...if you do nothing to fix it, teams will just keep scoring at will in these situations.

For cripes sake, Seattle used some clown TE (I think from the practice squad) in the Red Zone who never played before (or probably after that) just because they watched film and saw what works every single time.

So Mr. Bowles...please get your head out of your behind! It was pathetic a long time ago, but now it's just plain stupid.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to rip Bowles because I think overall he has done a good job. But you're right you would thing he would come up with something to stop it.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I heard in our five losses that the Tight End position produced ten touchdowns. Its obvious we have no one who can match up with the tight end.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They almost need to just put an extra guy on the TE if they can't handle it. Obviously, what they are doing now is not working.

I really don't give Bowles that much credit. He is blessed with very good to elite talent at almost every position. This defense SHOULD be one of the best. Instead, they are, in fact, generally one of the better units but the abysmal failure they have in the Red Zone with TEs...blame has to be laid on the coach. Other teams with lesser defenses don't have this problem.

It's already too late...but be nice if he figured it out sometime before the season ends.