• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Through 11 games

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious as to everyone's thoughts on the season so far.

From my point of view, they seem to be doing just enough to win games lately. Second in the division (as of this moment) and outside of the Pens game, have been in basically every game they've lost. They are beating teams they should beat (Jets, Jackets), which is important in building up points to be in the playoff hunt down the road.

That said, I believe there are still plenty of things to be concerned about. Looking at the Pens game, a game in which they were up 3-1 in the second, I am still seeing way too many penalties. When your PK is lagging, your playing a team with an awesome PP, you're ahead in the game, how do you end up putting the Pens on the PP for most of the second half of the game? Was it just one bad game against a good opponent, or a sign that the Devils can't hang with said good team(s)? We'll see.

What concerns me even more is the post games from PDB. Is anyone else tired of hearing how this team has another level after every game, yet they never seem to get there? Reminds me a lot of last season. Just my opinion maybe, but I still feel this team would be best served with a different coach. However, that's not likely to happen while they are winning. Those comments from him just frustrate me as a fan. Don't tell me night in and night out that your team has another level, show me it!

They did win a shootout though. That's an achievement in itself.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The glass half full view would be that we're in the position we're in and so far we haven't looked all that great. Maybe we've been lucky? Maybe other teams in the conference aren't all that great? The early season rust is gone, guys should know the system at this point, cut down on the stupid penalties and mindless plays and there's no reason the team shouldn't make the playoffs. And if they're in a position to make the playoffs and we still lack that go to goal scorer then maybe we make a move.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixed reviews from me so far..Cory has been up and down. We've played 4 very good offenses so far this year (PIT, WAS, SJ and PIT) and he's given up atleast 3 goals in each game , while being pulled in 2 of those games.

Could just be coincidence. Maybe our defense isnt as good? Maybe he isnt as good? Still too early to tell really. I remember he had a couple stinkers like that last year too though.

Cammaleri needs to get back sooner rather than later. Not having him in the lineup might not hurt us against the Jets or a banged up Jackets team but we got the Blues and Red Wings coming up this week. We need some more fire power.

Zajac's been invisible. I'd like to see Jagr shoot more. Gelinas and Larsson need to be playing every night. Brunner's been solid since entering the lineup.

Overall the entire division outside of PIT has flaws. As long as we take care of biz in the Metro we'll be in it all season. But right now I could see us finishing anywhere from 2nd to 6th.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Solid win last night. Loved the Henrique goal. Never giving up in the crease.
I like how Cory has bounced back from a few poor games. Overall, the team has played better since they got their asses kicked against Pitt.
The record of 6-3-2 doesn't seem right for this team. We have done plenty of complaining on this board that it seems the team would be closer to 500. But we have to be pretty happy being only 4 points out of 1st overall in the league.
Some of the problems like taking too many penalties are fixable.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The team started off really strong but has come back down to earth.

We are beating the teams that we are supposed to and losing to everyone else. They haven't been great, but they haven't been terrible either. To keep it nice and short, Cammy has looked good, Severson has looked awesome, Zajac and Elias look really bad, Gelinas and Larsson need to play every night and Salvador needs to be dropped. He has been terrible, it's hard to watch. I'm convinced once he's taken off the pk unit, that it will vastly improve.

I would have signed up for a 6-3-2 record over the first 11 games, but I don't think they have played very good hockey.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After 11 games we're in a playoff spot and if the young d keeps getting better, we're going to be ok. Couple of games the d fell apart, IE the Rangers game, and even the Pens game I thought we were competing with them for the first 30 minutes.