• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on game 1

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense looks like they're clicking. They were well prepared. That Adams kid looks special. Andrews might finally be the beast we've expected him to be this year. Mayfield looks hungry.

Defense started like shit but they put it together. I'll have to watch the replay to get a better feel on them.

Ohio state is going to be tough as hell. I hope the boys don't embarrass themselves and I'll be wishing for them to pull out a victory.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to tell because of the competition.

Offense looked ready to play.
Liked how they finally got the Tight Ends involved in the fucking game again
Defense looked underwhelming but you can't argue with 7pts.

Don't know if we were holding stuff back or just trying to look plain vanilla or what, but I didn't see DB's looking back for the ball, like usual.

Watched Ohio State and was particularly underwhelmed by their performance. Can't imagine they were going to shot us anything in that game.

I think both teams bring in new stuff into next weeks game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray looked like he got smoothed out as the game went on.

I'm glad Lincoln isn't like Bob when it comes to putting in these guys earlier.
Bob would have had Baker in there until the middle of the 4th.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to be gleaned from that game except I was happy to see everyone execute and get lined up properly. No formation or procedure penalties. Adams looked explosive, and the Mayfield to Andrews connection looks sharp. Beal still getting swallowed up. Meyer is going to run right into the teeth of or D. We better look better than we did yesterday.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a game.

We did what we needed and Apparently feel comfortable enough to float many youngsters out there early and often.

I am quite optimistic about our chances this weekend. Yeah we may be outclassed from a pure talent perspective, but what we lack in talent as a whole we will make up for in innovation and desire.

Every team is different. I hear this years squad is an "old soul", well that's what my buddy says in reference to what he takes away from all the staff he visits with. These kids have bought in from day 1 and seem to feed off Riley's enthusiasm. We had a poisoned well early last year with several senior players and it affected the team and their vision...funny after those guys got the heave-ho we saw a different team. It has actually carried over to this season and intensified believe it or not.

We may not come away with a win Saturday, but you can rest assured it isn't going to be the embarrassment we suffered last year.

Boomer.