• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Cousin's performance?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope? Dude, that is all we've got. Unfortunately, I don't think hope is going to help this year. While griffin MAY be gone, that doesn't mean we are out of the QB issues woods yet.

We may not be out of the woods. But some kind of clear direction that does not involve continuing to circle the same tree is damn sure a good start I would think.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not be out of the woods. But some kind of clear direction that does not involve continuing to circle the same tree is damn sure a good start I would think.

Yep. I think probably the most important thing overall the next several months is a continued feeling that SM is in charge on personnel matters. The RG3 situation may go a long way in determining if this is the case no matter what the situation. Fans and media can speculate all that they like, but I don't believe that anyone really knows how all of this will unfold & eventually how it will clarify the power situation for the Redskins.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked what he did vs vanilla blitz's . its a preseason game !!!! i think he did some good things but he needs to show me when it counts . but i think a solid b is in order and certainly better then any grade you could give 3

colt played well too

the Td play KC hit roberts with a catchable ball that crowder stayed with . they made their luck on that

Agree about preseason. The frustrating thing about Cousins is that we truly can't believe in him until he shows effective, predominately mistake free football for a 5-6 game stretch (they don't all have to be wins or involve huge stats). IMO this is the only way to prove that he is a different QB than in the past. The results in a preseason game or even 1-2 fluke regular season games won't prove that much on their own.

Here's to hoping that if given the opportunity Cousins shines in this respect.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing to learn about running smack into the D that's stacked up waiting for it. I loathe the pack em tight and try to out man them philosophy. Come out in at least a standard formation and keep them honest. Spread em out. Anything except packing it in and going jumbo.

Amen Brother Jon. I have never understood the philosophy of jumbo sets. It's 3rd and goal from the 1, hey let's get as many big fat bodies as we can right up tight and try to run through it! It never made sense to me, instead I'd put 2 wides out and force the defense to cover them, taking bodies out of the box.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen Brother Jon. I have never understood the philosophy of jumbo sets. It's 3rd and goal from the 1, hey let's get as many big fat bodies as we can right up tight and try to run through it! It never made sense to me, instead I'd put 2 wides out and force the defense to cover them, taking bodies out of the box.

Problem one with this

All our WRs were set extras for the ewoks in the 3rd starwars movie

Problem two

Our QBs throwing into tight windows has been about as fruitful as a blindman hitting a fast ball with earmuffs on.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem one with this

All our WRs were set extras for the ewoks in the 3rd starwars movie

Problem two

Our QBs throwing into tight windows has been about as fruitful as a blindman hitting a fast ball with earmuffs on.

Again not saying you throw from this, just that it's easier to run in short yardage with more space. The other way you have the entire defense and 9 offensive guys all crammed into a tight space, then you try to ramrod through that tight space.

Never made any sense to me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again not saying you throw from this, just that it's easier to run in short yardage with more space. The other way you have the entire defense and 9 offensive guys all crammed into a tight space, then you try to ramrod through that tight space.

Never made any sense to me.

Yea but sending those WRs out in that case only works if the defense has a reasonable expectation that

1. You might actually throw it
2. If you do actually throw it you will connect.

With a QB that has a tendency to hold onto the Ball, If Im a DC Im still going to send the house and bank on the fact that you are either going to run it, or my rushers will get there before your QB decides the WR is open enough. So I send nine against your nine instead of 11 against your nine. Odds still favor the defense in that light.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happens I hope all the speculation comes to an end sooner than later but I am probably dreaming. No matter who gets the job I think there is still a better than average chance the team is looking for a new QB next year.