• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thornton tells Wilson to shut his mouth

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol, surprized no one has posted this yet:
Breaking: Thornton Tells GM Wilson to Shut His Mouth

My only responce is - Wilson didnt take away your winger Joe - thats on Todd & Thornton you sucked as a Captain anyway...

Interesting that there is friction between DWil & TMac. I always thought they were butt-buddies. Either way, all 4 of them (Thornton, Marleau, Todd & Doug) need to go...

As much as I hate him, Niemi is the only one lately that seems to be playing like he gives a damn, cause he knows his job is on the line... Thornton & Marleau still know they dont have to bust ass cause they know they cant be moved...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dougie's goal is to get Thornton irritated so he asks for a trade? Looks like it is working so far.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: why?

What's the point to bring this up now?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like how the article points ut - WHY THE FUCK DID WAS BURNS MOVED TO D??
And no... I believe Doug will be fire b4 Thornton gets traded... and if 1 of the 2 has to go, id perfer itd be Doug

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:noidea: why?

What's the point to bring this up now?

Chango, it sounds like old shit cause it talks about the C stripping, but this JUST HAPPENED at the season ticket holders meeting... Doug brough up old shit and Joe told him basically STFU... Exactly, why would doug bring it up now?? Who know, maybe cause doug is losing his gda,n mind and and much as I call for Joes head, doug bringing this shit up at the ticket holder meeting, Joe had all right to tell his boss to eat his nuts... cause for real, Doug needs to shut the fuck up, cause he has no clue what hes doing

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chango, it sounds like old shit cause it talks about the C stripping, but this JUST HAPPENED at the season ticket holders meeting... Doug brough up old shit and Joe told him basically STFU... Exactly, why would doug bring it up now?? Who know, maybe cause doug is losing his gda,n mind and and much as I call for Joes head, doug bringing this shit up at the ticket holder meeting, Joe had all right to tell his boss to eat his nuts... cause for real, Doug needs to shut the fuck up, cause he has no clue what hes doing

I agree plus the article mentioned Dougie bringing every enforcer he could find too. Why? Everyone on this board saw that move as a wtf.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Normally I'd say good for Joe for sticking up for himself but in this instance all he is doing is proving Wilson right when he says Joe lashes out when he gets frustrated.

And WTF is Wilson doing? All these years he's had a policy of what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors and never said a word and now when the team was three points out of a PO spot he drops this grenade into the lockerroom. I know many of us thought it when he signed Brown and Scott but this just further proves Wilson is purposely trying to sabotage the team.

I wonder if Joe will ever come out and say what Wilson is lying about. Obviously it's not about him lashing out. I have to believe that Wilson told Joe he wanted him out and did ask him to waive his NMC. That would explain why Thornton's brother/agent posted on twitter during the offseason, "If you want Joe gone then buy out his contract!"

Maybe Wilson is just trying to beef up his resume for a job in Toronto.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah after seeing the whole quote including "stop lying" wow! Holy shit balls

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Normally I'd say good for Joe for sticking up for himself but in this instance all he is doing is proving Wilson right when he says Joe lashes out when he gets frustrated.

And WTF is Wilson doing? All these years he's had a policy of what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors and never said a word and now when the team was three points out of a PO spot he drops this grenade into the lockerroom. I know many of us thought it when he signed Brown and Scott but this just further proves Wilson is purposely trying to sabotage the team.

I wonder if Joe will ever come out and say what Wilson is lying about. Obviously it's not about him lashing out. I have to believe that Wilson told Joe he wanted him out and did ask him to waive his NMC. That would explain why Thornton's brother/agent posted on twitter during the offseason, "If you want Joe gone then buy out his contract!"

Maybe Wilson is just trying to beef up his resume for a job in Toronto.
I will say this despite this drama, you'd never be able to tell by the way Thornton has played, so I'd say they speaks volumes of joe about his professionalism and character and I have a lot more respect for him now. You have to wonder if patty has the same situation going on with wilson and is not handling at as well as joe as his on ice performance shows it

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're fucked :gaah:

This is a very difficult situation to be worried about as a Shark fan. We are starting to realize the Sharks will be in full rebuild mode.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're fucked :gaah:

This is a very difficult situation to be worried about as a Shark fan. We are starting to realize the Sharks will be in full rebuild mode.

Well if they are, Doug screwed the pooch by not loading up on draft picks in this years draft since its the deepest since in a looooooooong time...
I dont think they go full rebuild. I think they will just fire Doug. Thornton puts asses in the seats, doug doesnt - If dougs causing a rift with thornton and other players, I dont think the owners would be dumb enough to keep him employeed

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilson still in San jose no show for the GM meetings in Florida typically a bad career sign

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good ole joe. he'll open his mouth but wont go into the corners.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats we we shipped him out. pussy, like seguin.

Thornton has been anything but that for the Sharks. If we had a GM who knew how to create a roster with depth Thornton and the Sharks would have their cup already.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's pretty safe to say if the Sharks make the playoffs wilson is gone if they don't thorntons gone

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's pretty safe to say if the Sharks make the playoffs wilson is gone if they don't thorntons gone

As much as I'd like to see Wilson gone I'm not holding out much hope of it happening no matter what the outcome of this season. From what's been said to the media it sounds like Wilson sold Plattner on the idea that the Sharks are likely to miss the the playoffs the next few years while they transition to a younger roster. I'm resigned to the fact Thornton and Marleau most likely are here until their contracts expire.

At most I can see McLellan taking the fall for Wilson's faults. He didn't win any points when he backed Thornton and the players after Wilson made his comments.